Insights questions on the use of Steel Design

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; The purlin combination you use with box profiles is not suitable for field mounting. However, if you want to use it, you can change direction from the plate section in the type sub-tab in the combination menu. Or you can use a welded join. Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions What kind of inconvenience is there in terms of mounting in the field? This situation arises when you make the changes you have specified, when you change the direction of the plate, it connects the plate to the purlin from the inside, it has to be connected from the outside.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Since the bolts in the purlin joint are in the direction of the purlin cross section and your purlins are box profile, there will be difficulties in tightening the bolts in the field. In your model, pay attention to the direction of your purlin section if the box is rectangular. Otherwise, in the purlin combination, there will be a proper placement in one of the left or right selections of the plate direction, as in the image I sent before. Check your purlin section direction and purlin junction plate direction. Good work.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Çelik 8 questions Hello, I have been using ideÇelik for more than 8 months. During this time, I would like to share some of my suggestions about the features of the program while I am doing a project. Some of these may have been mentioned before or have been identified by you. Or there is an existing feature, but it escaped my notice, I don't know. So sorry if it happens again. I hope this beautiful software will develop further with the contribution of us users. My suggestions are: 1. Having many command windows open at the same time: For example, command windows such as 'Element Properties', 'Group List', 'Add Element Load', 'Structure Tree' should be open at the same time, and it should be possible to switch between ribbon tabs. But when one window is open, the other cannot be opened. 2. Values Displayed in Section Properties: When the element properties window opens, we can see the geometric properties of the section on the drawing. In addition, it should be seen in the parameters of the major/minor physical properties of the cross-section (eg, the weight of the web, A,I,S,Z, r..) In this preliminary design, it is necessary to compare the costs and strengths, especially when choosing a cross-section. We can see these values from the 'Structure Tree' menu, but then we need to close the properties window, open the structure tree and look at the value. Since two windows cannot be active at the same time, it is necessary to run the commands each time. 3. Showing the Major/Minor capacity ratios separately for P and M in the design results: In slightly more complex projects, inclined or angled in their local 1-1 axis, unexpectedly, in the analysis results, bending in the minor axis or axial load on the beams can be critical. . In this case, it is necessary to choose HSS -or vice versa- instead of I sections. We can see this when we open the best design results window and click the "Review in detail" button. However, in the 'Need/Capacity Ratio' section, only the total PMM ratio is written. It is displayed separately in SAP2000 as I mentioned. 4. 'Change Design Section' Feature: PMM ratios can be calculated by changing the cross section of the steel element in the design window. This feature is present in the design of reinforced concrete elements. The section design results change instantaneously when the number/diameter of reinforcement changes. This feature can be brought into the design of steel elements. This can be done with the 'Change Design Section' in SAP2000. 5. Bolt turning feature in connections: Determining the 'bolt head/nut' direction can be added when modeling bolted connections. 6. 'Drawings' window button in drawing mode: When editing steel drawings, sometimes when we need to correct incorrect drawings, we first exit the drawings with the 'Change Window' command and switch to the model window (Plan or 3d perspective). Then it is necessary to delete the drawings in the project with the 'drawings' command from the 'Image' tab in the ribbon menu. To be more practical, the 'Drawings' command should be added to the ribbon menu in drawings mode. 7. Selecting more than one group with the 'Group List' command: More than one group should be selected when the group list window is opened. Only one group can be selected at this time. 8. Receiving assembly/part drawings of selected elements: After starting to draw drawings on some elements, mistakes are noticed later and it is necessary to draw again. But for redrawing, the program gives the drawing of the complete project. Therefore, there is both complexity in drawings and a waste of time. 'Get drawing of selected elements' feature should be added in terms of usage. 9. Favorites feature in union macros: In addition to the 'Add to favorites' and 'Manage favorites' commands, the 'Update Favorites' feature would be very useful. Because in the later stages of the design, when the project changes, the combinations can change. It will be easier to overwrite the changes made.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions Hello, Element names in the calculation printouts and element names in the drawings are different. While numbering the accounts separately, it naturally numbers the groups according to the assembly in the drawings. However, since there are no calculation numbers on the drawings in the output control, values such as loads, cross-section effects and support reactions cannot be seen without the program. Is there a setting for this in the program? Thanks.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; There is currently no such setting available. As you stated, naming for manufacturing is also done in the drawings. It starts the names with the number you specify in the settings, but you cannot decide on all the elements in this way. R&D studies have been carried out in line with the requests received in this direction before. You can use this facility in future versions. For this reason, all controls concerning the design should be done on the report and model for now. If ideCAD is not available in the section to control, it can perform the examination using the demo program. You can access the demo version from the following link:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions good day In the steel project I am doing, I am having trouble with the montage, singular elements and dimensioning texts in the assembly drawings. I couldn't get it, I added my problem as a picture. Can I get your advice and opinions on this subject?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; You can play with the font heights from the steel drawing settings. Apart from this, you will need to make some adjustments in order not to reduce the size too much. With the move command, you can place the dimensions by moving them. Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions good day, I placed the crosses in the vault structure I was modeling automatically and made the layout settings, but then the cross-end joint I tried to create comes in a strange state as in the picture. How can I fix it? I would appreciate it if you could help me?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Since your beams are curvilinear, the joints can overlap. Geometrically automatic placement can be difficult because of your radius of curvature. In these cases, you should do the following: * You can adjust the offsets from the body section in the cross properties to make them suitable. * In some cases, you can manually enter the cross-end join for this project by deleting the ready-made join. Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions I cannot enter a uniformly distributed load on the beams I am a user of ide steel 8

Re: opinions on using ideCAD Steel 8 questions
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Hello, in the project you can download from the link above, how can I go about the elements with insufficient cross-section and giving errors? Thank you.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; In your project, the nodes seem confused at the point where the trusses meet in the middle of the structure. At the same time, there does not appear to be an element on which the subheadings of these scissors will sit. Match the sub-heading knots so that the scissors form a smooth knot. The truss sub-heads appear to overlap with the steel girder and sub-beams in the substructure. You need to edit them. At the same time, you can get more suitable results if you align the purlins to the top of the scissors and divide them on each scissors. You will need to support the trusses to a member for stability. Good work.

Re: Opinions about using Steel Design questions Good afternoon. There is a 60m * 10.5m steel roof, it is oval, but I have a problem with the column-beam junction. Since I do not make much steel, I would appreciate it if you could help me. There is a 50 cm eave, how can I extend it?

Re: Opinions about the use of Steel Design questions Hello, First of all, if you change the direction of the columns in your project, it will be more accurate as a system and in terms of defining the joints. If you want to create a fringe over the column, draw your beam from eaves to eaves. I can recommend the combination of the support area for the fringed state, and the forehead and gusset combination for your non-fringe system. Combination of support area Forehead Guse joint

Re: Opinions about the use of Steel Design questions
"Ibrahim Sirin":3tmlubsc" said:
Hi, First of all, if you change the direction of the columns in your project, it will be more accurate in terms of defining the system and the joints. If you want to create fringes over the column If you are, draw your beam from the eave line to the eave line. I can recommend the combination of the support region for the fringed state, the combination of the forehead and the guse for your non-eaved system. The combination of the support area, the combination of the Fore-Guse
Thank you very much for your answer. As in the reinforced concrete bow beam, select 3 points and spring I wonder if we don't have to draw beams, because when I make 50cm fringes, how can I adjust the columns to be 1.5m high in the middle of 3m?I also need to connect the vertical columns with the beam, right?Which combination should I use to connect these beams, I couldn't find it when I wanted to use bolts instead of welding joints? I'm throwing the design I made, are the columns a little thick with the attachment? Is the output just me? If there is an error, can you tell me and if those columns are bold, what solution would you suggest?

Back