Insights questions on the use of Steel Design

Re: opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Good afternoon. I'm trying to draw a steel roof, but when I analyze, the system could not be resolved error appears, I don't understand why.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Since you do not create any support conditions on the shear tips, the system is labile, naturally, analysis cannot be performed. Good work.

Re: opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Good afternoon. Is it possible to make shapes such as the stadium exterior in different ways in İdecad8 steel?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; You can design different stadiums, you do not need to switch to SAP2000. While your modeling continues, you can ask your questions through technical support or the forum at the points where you get stuck. Good work.

Re: Opinions and questions about using ideCAD Çelik 8 Good afternoon guys. I have a steel roof over a reinforced concrete project. I can't make the column end point, that is, the scissor-column joint.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Select the support combination from the joints. Turn off fast mode. First select the column, then the scissors subheading.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions
"nurgulkaya":10pcck8t" said:
Hello; Select support joint from the joints. Turn off the fast mode. First select the column, then the truss subtitle.
I would have one more question, I want to extend the ends of the scissors in the form of fringes, but I cannot make transactions with the additional feature parts closed.

"nurgulkaya":31xtgpon" said:
Hello; You can edit from the additional features section. Good work.
I know, but it's not open, I'm talking about it, it's closed transaction I can't do it, why?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; "No additional features" as active, other options are disabled If you place a sign in the circle next to each phrase on the additional settings page, it will become active and you will be able to enter the distances. Good work.

"nurgulkaya":2bwbsb1k" said:
Hi; "No additional feature status" other options are disabled because it is active. Additional settings If you place a sign in the circle next to each phrase on the page, it will become active and you will be able to enter the distances. Good work.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; You can change the method or increase the number of targeted mods from the Structure Tree - Analysis - Modal Analysis - Modal sub-tab. The Ritz vectors method allows you to achieve sufficient mass participation rate with fewer modes. Good work.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions In steel design options, there are Moment transmitting frame Center braced frame Eccentric braced frame options. I couldn't find much academic information about this, my question is: Which one should I choose in a structure where I make a support joint in the column-truss junction? What should this selection be based on in a single-storey livestock building, does it change depending on whether there are crosses between the columns on the side of the building or not?

Re: Opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Is it possible to use steel rope, I couldn't find it. I also want to give curvature to the steel columns, but no matter how many times I write the angle, nothing changes in the 3D view.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; 1- Steel column settings for curvilinear column - If you enter the radius in the curvature section and select vertical or horizontal, you can get the geometry you want. 2- Steel rope is not available in the program. To use it in terms of modeling and drawing, you must select the building tree - sections - right click - add new section - solid circle. Good work.

"mehmetba":17hcqyce" said:
In steel design options, Moment transmitting frame Center braced frame Eccentric braced frame options. I couldn't reach it, my question is: Which one should I choose in a building where I make a support joint in a column-truss junction? What should this choice be based on in a single-storey, livestock building, does it change depending on whether there are crosses between the columns on the side of the building or not?
Did this question boil over by the way? :)

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Sorry, we missed the question. You can find the pdf and the first part of the video in the link below.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Good work.

Re: opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Thank you. I'm not sure if it's a problem, when we separate the purlin group and turn it into a single purlin, it is necessary to use higher sections in the truss, when the purlin group moves together, we can use lower sections. What is the logic of this in the truss, is the load acting on a point?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; The reason for the difference is that the moment diagrams are different in case of being one piece and dividing. Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Çelik 8 questions When we assign box profiles to the purlins and change the direction of the purlin connection plates, this is what it looks like, is it possible to fix it in any way?

Back