Insights questions on the use of Steel Design

Re: Opinions about the use of Steel Design questions Hello, Inclined beam is not drawn by selecting 3 points as in reinforced concrete bow beam. You can adjust the column beam heights by changing the elevation or height values from the object settings. For clear dimensions, you have to geometrically solve the slanted beam by hand. Connecting the columns in the other direction would be a more correct solution. The choice of combination is entirely at your discretion. If the beams will transmit moment, for example, column-beam stiffened butt plate connection, if not, you can choose any non-moment-transferring connection from steel connections (e.g. single shear plate connection). Decide on the size of your column beam profiles after completing all the modeling and analysis. Join with column-beam stiffened faceplate Join with single slip plate

Hello, In the 13 m span steel truss project approached on B/Arme columns, in the analysis of the steel trusses, only 1 truss gives an error in the upper/lower heading in the report section (although the trusses are green in the 3D visual analysis, an error is given in the report). If there is slenderness, shouldn't an error be specified in other scissors (same size and length)? How to fix the slenderness error (section need to be increased)? thank you

Hello there; The reason for the problem is that there is pressure in the lower head according to the joint points and load transfer between the reinforced concrete beam and middle columns and the truss on the first and last axis, while there is tension in the others, and the limit is different according to the Steel Regulation in case of pressure and tension. The problem comes from here. First of all, in order to fix the connection between your reinforced concrete beams and columns and the truss, take the beams to a lower level, define the support connection between the reinforced concrete column and the truss. Or model the location of the reinforced concrete column so that the node coincides with the truss joint. Because of the link in between, additional effect appears in the subtitle. Apart from that, your structure is problematic in terms of stability. Always use horizontal diagonals on the roof, at least in the first and last sections. And connect the lower headers with stability beams. Good work.

Hello, In your project, reverse the direction of the columns and make a connection that transfers moment here. Your system may be labile because the joint you describe is a moment-free joint. In the other direction, connect your steel columns with steel beams. This way your system will be more accurate.

Hello there; There is a bug with the crane in v10. Necessary notes were taken to correct the error. For now, perform the analysis and design with 8.62. Good work.

Hello there; I create a special menu for the commands I use frequently in the program and add them here, when I upgrade the version of the program, this menu disappears, it's a little troublesome to create every time, is there a solution?

Hello there; If you are adding shortcuts to the idecad Alias file to be used on the command line, copy this file to another folder before updating the new version. After the update, if you just import your idecad alias file back into the idecad folder, you won't have to add it every time. Good work.

Hello there; While drawing scissors, even if I choose one side scissors in the scissors menu, it draws two-sided scissors, I have to draw in 8.5 version and transfer to 10.5 version.

Hello there; In version 10, you can model it as you wish from the dimension sub-tab from the scissor properties. In version 8 you do not need to login. The only problem is if you want to do this on the scissors floating toolbar there is a bug of version 10.05. You can model as I specified until the editing is done. Good work.

Good day hello; I'm using Idecad 10.5. When I want to look at the steel joints, I can't see any data, only the whole structure appears as gray, can I learn the reason for this?

Good day hello; The program does not work with joint logic and I am wondering if the purlins sitting on the scissors in sap2000 are connecting as a joint, if the manually drawn purlins sitting on the scissors in the idecad program touch the scissors a little, is it enough for those lovers to break apart at that point? or how is the account logic on that subject of the idecad program? As far as I understand, it is divided into parts in the calculation model at the points where the purlin and the scissors contact, M33 and M22 moments are determined over the split lengths.

"Mesut Turan":11448sdb" said:
Good day hello ; The program does not work with joint logic and I am wondering if the lovers sitting on the scissors in sap2000 connect them as a joint, while the lovers sitting on the scissors in the idecad program, if they touch the scissors a little, that lovers at that point Is it enough for it to be split into pieces? or how is the calculation logic of the idecad program on that subject? As far as I understand, it is divided into parts in the calculation model at the points where the purlin and scissors come into contact, and the M33 and M22 moments are determined over the split lengths. The 3-axis stress PMM formula is also created with this logic?
Hello; In the analysis model of the purlins resting on the truss or beam, it is at the user's discretion whether the purlins are divided into parts or not.If you click the "Merge-divide by all intersections" command under the purlin menu and select a defined purlin group, the purlins will be divided from the truss or beams they sit on, and the end freedoms are articulated. will be. If the purlins are not divided, they will be considered as continuous and the moment diagram will be in the form of the moment diagram of an undivided element. In ideCAD, it is sufficient for an element to touch another element to connect it in the analysis model. In case of contact, the program will automatically generate the analysis model based on the joins and location. No intervention is required for the analysis model. The purlins are properly connected to the scissors at the points where the scissors come into contact. M33 and M22 moment diagrams are created depending on whether the "join-divide with all intersections" command is used or not. I need to clarify something for the PMM situation. In the program, there is a "select analysis parts" command under the purlin menu. This determines whether the purlins are included in the analysis model. When purlins are not included in the analysis, they will transfer the load from the pavements and their own weight to the elements they sit on. In addition, the design will be made under the influence of M33 and M22 (biaxial bending) according to the loads coming from the pavements. This is easily seen in the design results. When purlins are included in the analysis, they appear in the analysis system as an element such as a column or beam element with all their rigidity. Therefore, normal force effect from earthquake effects will be included in biaxial bending effects and PMM design will be made. These two situations play a critical role in purlin design. In addition to the roof braces defined for the trusses, if the stability elements running along the entire structure are not defined, the normal force of the purlins will increase. For this reason, it is necessary to define the stability elements. If the stability elements are defined, the purlins are not included in the analysis model and the axial pressure force they receive can be neglected because the stability elements will take this axial force. You can also see the difference between these two situations by including lovers in the analysis and not. This applies only to roof purlins. Facade purlins are not included in the analysis. They transfer the load they receive from the coatings to the columns, and the design is made in themselves. You can also ask questions through the project. If you send your project we can help better. Best regards...

"Mesut Turan":2bk79lnp" said:
Good day hello; I'm using İdecad 10.5, when I want to look at the steel joints, I can't see any data, but the whole structure appears as gray. Can I know the reason?
Hello, When starting a new project, one of the templates is "White". If you selected "background with material", elements and combinations will appear like this. If you choose "white background" from the templates, you can use a template with element colors set to different. Regards...

Hello, I have been using your reinforced concrete program for years. I'm trying to do my first steel roof project. I would be glad if you help me. The registration file is attached. My problems; 1 - I defined a small steel column to the junction of the steel beam and the reinforced concrete column, but I was unable to combine the small steel column with the reinforced concrete column and the small steel column with the steel ridge beam. 2 - I could not align the upper ridge of the steel roof on the ground floor. Also, although I created the steel tensioner, I could not create the steel cross. 3 - I am not sure if I have formed the purlin in the groove part correctly. 4 - I chose 80 cm between the purlins, for the metal clamped roof, I entered the coating weight of 0.03 t/m2 and the snow load of 0.07 t/m2 (sea level construction) can you check in general? Is there a place in the general system that I am doing wrong or missing? Thank you.

Hello there; 1- You can use a support combination for the steel column - steel beam region. There is no problem in the combination of reinforced concrete column - steel column. 2- In order to align the upper levels of the ridge, calculate and give the elevation of the steel beams to the ridge area according to your reinforced concrete columns. Since you are modeling on a steel column, the values do not hold. The indentation in the reinforced concrete seems to cause this. Enter the beams from the top of the reinforced concrete column on the plan and then give the level. 3- Your purlins are overlapping the beams because your main beams are not aligned. This situation will disappear when you straighten the steel beams. Good work.

Thank you Nurgul for the information. It was very helpful. The system seems stable now, but I am getting PMM deflection error on steel beams. Is it because I didn't pass secondary beams through the beam ridges? So she's L size? The program closes itself all the time while taking the ground floor reinforced concrete beam drawings. I am giving google drive link because the file is big. I would be very happy if you did. Thank you.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hello there; Select the steel beams and change the deflection calculation method from the properties design sub-tab to be according to the moment diagram. After entering the lovers in one piece, divide them from all intersections with the divide command. Check your coating loads. If your loads are correct, the moment due to your slope looks high on your diagram and your beams appear insufficient due to major bending moment. It will be beneficial to increase the keist and increase the lateral retained length by using stability beams. If you examine the modal results from the Deformations section, your first 3 modes are high, stability beams will be useful for editing. Good work.

I am trying to implement what Nurgül said. The program closes itself while taking the reinforced concrete beam opening on the ground floor, how can I overcome this?

Back