Insights questions on the use of Steel Design

Hello there; It is important which two elements you choose, in the section with triangular geometry, purlins can be thrown. First select the beam that you did not mark in the image, then select the right triangle long arm. It will fall in love as in the picture. In order to throw a purlin by selecting the two beams you have marked, you must apply the independent selection instead of the perpendicular selection to the first piece in the offset section from the purlin menu. Good work.

"nurgulkaya":1xulcgkq" said:
Hi; Please; please check how these projects are produced from the sample projects and training videos in the forum. All modeling needs to be arranged. 1- Just below the trusses, you have inserted a beam into the opening where the truss passes, somehow a small slab defined but wrong. 2- The directions of the columns are opposite, the critical direction of the span that will carry the truss is the critical direction of the side columns. You selected a frame that transmits moment in the direction as well, but you modeled with a joint with a single slip plate.They were deleted instead of a junction that transmits moment.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
as an example
Thanks for your interest. High XY direction increase rigidity If we want to make a mezzanine floor, how can we do it? I crossed the columns for the Y direction and the problem was fixed, but I couldn't find a solution for the X direction.
ÇELİK_son.rar.html I made an edit in this way, but I would appreciate it if you could review it. I left 2 links in case one of them won't work

Hello there; Select the central braced frame for the Y direction from the analysis settings wizard. It may be more appropriate to make the joints where the mezzanine floor is connected to the columns as moment transferring. For this, you can use a 4-bolt joint between the column strength and beam. In the combination you use for the other direction, you need to make an arrangement as in the image below to make it moment-transmitting.

Hello there; You can download the latest demo version by logging in from the link
. You do not have to be a program owner to login to the portal. Old version recording is not possible in demo versions. Download and use the current version.

Nurgül, hello, can the calculations of the constructive combinations in ide Çelik be done by the program or do we have to do the calculations manually? And it also reports the calculation report of the combinations in the project we have drawn. When I click on the unions tab in the section, it opens a blank report page, what could be the problem?

Hello there; The calculation of constructive combinations is not done by the program. You have to calculate manually. If there are no calculated combinations in your project, you cannot get the reports.

Hello nurgulhanim, I can't see a problem in the steel project I entered, but I encounter a pivot error while analyzing, it tells me to check the geometry.

Hello there; The program has an error with the analysis of R lovers. Until this error is resolved, you can create the R purlin geometry with the steel beam command. However, in your model, only R purlin is entered for the inner region. As of your openings, you can pass all of them with the love command. Your project has been adjusted accordingly. If you want to use R purlin, still create the same geometry with the steel beam command. Good work.

CHS 168.3*4 PROFILE I WANT TO JOIN WITH SPRING WELDING FROM CHS 76.1*3 PROFILE ON THE COLUMN, WHICH JOIN COMMAND DO I HAVE TO USE? I WANT TO APPLY TO THE COLUMN FROM THE MIDDLE AREA OF THE DOUBLE-SIDED CURVED SHEAR WITH A WELDED JOINT, FROM WHICH JOINT COMMAND DO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS JOINT?

Hello there; If you only want to use welds, you can use welded joins for both cases. You can use a cross-end joint to connect both scissors together.

Hello, I am using Ide Çelik V.10.20, sometimes the mouse cursor turns to + sign and I cannot fix it, when this problem occurs, I cannot click on the objects and use the select all command, what is the problem?

Hello there; Go to overlay properties. Activate user-defined wind loads from the Loads tab. Write 0 for all of them. Good work.

"nurgulkaya":3r4ldt0b" said:
Hi; Go to the pavement properties. Activate the user-defined wind loads from the Loads tab. Write 0 to all of them. Good work.
But this can only be if we have defined pavement. . what if we have defined steel flooring etc. .

Hello there; You can enter the wind load that you calculated as the uniform area load on the slab. To do this, select the relevant tile, right-click load - select smooth area load. Important note: If you have used purlin on the roof, do not enter with flooring. You need to enter overlay on the purlin. Good work.

Good afternoon, In the attached project, there is a warehouse project with box profile trusses on a reinforced concrete column + beam system consisting of 3 separate blocks. When the project is analyzed with trusses, reinforced concrete columns are subjected to excessive loading. In the analysis without trusses, the reinforced concrete elements are of reasonable value. What could be the cause of this problem?

Hello there; In the roof between the trusses, you need to model the horizontal cross for the upper header, and the stability beams that connect the trusses throughout the structure from the middle nodes in the lower header. You can insert the stability beams into the pipe profile and connect them to the bottom of the scissors with a cross-end joint. Apart from that, you need to enter the coating on the lovers. Your reinforced concrete column dimensions are 40*40 low sections. The openings through which the trusses pass are not few. It is quite normal that it is not enough. You can follow the video in the link for the inadequacy solutions related to steel.

Back