Questions about using ideCAD Static 6

Re: ideCAD 6.01 Released. Download , try , give feedback . Dear Dester, Could you show what you wrote on a sample project or an image?

Re: ideCAD 6.01 Released. Download , try , give feedback .
"cassabotanic":3py69sl3" said:
solution : not to let the reinforcement not pass over the slab gap ...
Mr. cassabotanic thank you very much for your practical solution suggestion, but there is a slab there While the gap is defined, if the reinforcement passes straight through it, it would be much more logical to fix it in the program. It is reflected in the meter in the same way. Otherwise, it will be corrected with autocad. :)

Re: ideCAD 6.01 Released. Download it, try it, give your opinion. Hello, In large slab gaps, it would be more appropriate to separate those gaps with the slab edge and arrange the calculation axes accordingly. For example, speaking according to the related picture, it may be appropriate to break up the DZ06 slab with slab edges, enter data to form a three-zone slab, and then place possibly cantilever reinforcement in the principal direction. In fact, by examining the slab shell model in the 3D frame, you can consider the reinforcement exposed at the edges of those gaps as the reinforcement to be discarded. The space object is suitable for small floor spaces such as chimney gaps. It would be a really practical solution to not pass a floor axis through the floor gaps :)

"cassabotanic":1x3c2otc" said:
"sates":1x3c2otc" said:
Can I solve a dilatation building as a single project in idestatics? Or do I have to solve it as two separate projects? Is it possible to solve as a single project in the program?
You can solve dilatation projects as a single project.
in such a solution period, frequency, floor rotation, horizontal translation , horizontal loads, distribution of horizontal loads, alpha-s, R how to calculate. Can the values that I have mentioned above be calculated for each of these blocks, each of which represents a separate structure? Attached is the dynamic analysis calculation report of the project you gave. waiting for your comment. thanks.

Although common modal frequencies are calculated in buildings that are completely independent from each other, as in the figure, in buildings that are connected to a common foundation, dilated, or the number of rigid diaphragms/shape changes between floors (for example, buildings with a bridge between 2 towers), each mode determines the modal shape of the relevant part of the structure. . If you examine the animation of the modal analysis deformation shapes, you will see that a different part of the building is activated for each mode. Therefore, when modal joining is done, for example, if mode 1 is not active on block A, it will not affect the horizontal earthquake forces on block A, since modal participation will be zero. Each piece receives the earthquake force by applying eccentricity to its center of gravity until it falls on itself. Floor displacements, rotations, etc. are calculated as relative displacements in their respective blocks with respect to a lower and upper storeys. The program makes this determination automatically. You have to take the R coefficient as one for the whole project, while the alphas are calculated jointly across the entire building floor. For these two reasons, the best solution for 2 completely independent buildings, including foundation, is to solve them as 2 separate projects. In other types of irregular buildings, the program performs all the controls and calculations by considering the relevant part of the building according to the different diaphragm conditions.

"Admin":5i9112fr" said:
Although common modal frequencies are calculated in buildings that are completely independent from each other, as in the figure, in buildings that are connected to a common foundation, with dilatation, or whose rigid diaphragm number/shape changes between floors (for example, buildings with a bridge between 2 towers) , each mode determines the modal shape of the relevant part of the structure. If you examine the animation of the modal analysis deformation shapes, you will see that a different part of the building is activated for each mode. Therefore, for example, when modal merging is done, if mode 1. It does not affect the horizontal earthquake forces on the block. Each piece receives the earthquake force as much as it falls on itself by applying eccentricity to its center of gravity. Floor displacements, rotations, etc. are calculated as relative displacements in their respective blocks according to a lower and upper storey. The program makes this determination automatically. you need to get one for the whole project, the alphas are e is calculated common to the entire building base. For these two reasons, the best solution for 2 completely independent buildings, including foundation, is to solve them as 2 separate projects. In other types of irregular buildings, the program makes all the checks and calculations by considering the relevant part of the building according to the different diaphragms. because if each of these structures oscillates/vibrates without affecting the other (if there is a joint at sufficient distance), each block can only create an internal force on the connected elements. From this point of view, different base cuts (completely independent of each other), different alpha-s are formed. hence different R's. thank you.

"Admin":2s05ywtj" said:
Although common modal frequencies are calculated in buildings that are completely independent from each other, as in the figure, in buildings that are connected to a common foundation, with dilatation, or whose rigid diaphragm number/shape changes between floors (for example, buildings with a bridge between 2 towers) , each mode determines the modal shape of the relevant part of the structure. If you examine the animation of the modal analysis deformation shapes, you will see that a different part of the building is activated for each mode. Therefore, for example, when modal merging is done, if mode 1 is not active on block A, modal participation will be zero, since A It does not affect the horizontal earthquake forces on the block. Each piece receives the earthquake force as much as it falls on itself by applying eccentricity to its center of gravity. Floor displacements, rotations, etc. are calculated as relative displacements in their respective blocks according to a lower and upper storey. The program makes this determination automatically. you need to get one for the whole project, the alphas are e is calculated common to the entire building base. For these two reasons, the best solution for 2 completely independent buildings, including foundation, is to solve them as 2 separate projects. In other types of irregular buildings, the program makes all the controls and calculations by considering the relevant part of the building according to the different diaphragms.
I have a question. Is the known matrix-displacement method used in the solution? if so, does it generate a new matrix for each of the dilatation-separated blocks? or does it form a single matrix? thank you.

"mhanifiata":34bz4y6g" said:
"cassabotanic":34bz4y6g" said:
"sates":34bz4y6g" said:
Can I solve a dilatation building as a single project in idestatics or do I need to solve it as two separate projects. In the program Is it possible to solve it as a single project?
You can solve dilatation projects as a single project.
in such a solution period, frequency, floor rotation, horizontal translation, How are horizontal loads, distribution of horizontal loads, alpha-s, R calculated? Can the values that I have mentioned above be calculated for each of these blocks, each of which represents a separate building? Attached is the dynamic analysis calculation report of the project you have given. I am waiting for your comment. Thank you.
Dear mhanafiata The dynamic calculation report you sent is completely correct. But it is useful to choose the mode number larger in such structures. A detail that I had not noticed before in this calculation report caught my attention. When calculating the equivalent story force in structures with multiple rigid diaphragms, The whipping F force added to the top floor is applied to only one diaphragm on the top floor. However, this does not affect the result because diaphragm forces calculated as a result of dynamic analysis are used in the calculation. I just learned that completely disjoint blocks must be solved separately.

If your different blocks have the same R coefficient, they are automatically solved together in the same project. If you are working with a project with different R coefficients of your blocks, you can define the horizontal seismic force on a diaphragm basis by first analyzing the horizontal seismic loads calculated by taking R=1 and then reducing the horizontal seismic loads calculated in the storey parameters with the relevant R coefficients that you have calculated yourself. In ideCAD, the whole structure is solved with a single matrix, which is why the common frequency list is calculated as I mentioned in the previous message. In any case, you cannot solve dilatation buildings with their foundations. (Or type structures where two blocks are connected to each other on the upper floors.)

"Admin":3ir93dw6" said:
If your different blocks have the same R coefficient, they are automatically solved together in the same project. If you are working with a project with different R coefficients of your blocks, first analyze by taking R=1 and then calculate the horizontal earthquake loads calculated in the floor parameters yourself. You can define the horizontal earthquake force on the basis of diaphragm by minimizing it with the relevant R coefficients you calculated. In ideCAD, the entire structure is solved with a single matrix, this is the reason why the common frequency list is calculated as I mentioned in the previous message. You cannot solve dilated buildings with their foundations anyway. Type structures where the block is connected to each other on the upper floors.)
If you accept, I will have a humble suggestion. The discussion of whether or not a common solution is made in such structures will take a long time. Because how much error can be accepted is a very relative situation. Instead, a discrete solution should be made. and a new system should be added to the idea for the common foundation solution, so this should be evaluated separately. It must be provided with the me /analysis editor. A system that takes the superstructure analysis results and transfers them to the foundation and produces solutions on a common basis. I think there are examples. but I will think about it a little bit. thank you. :)

You can solve projects with dilatation as a single project.[/quote] in such a solution period, frequency, story rotation, horizontal translation, horizontal loads, distribution of horizontal loads, alpha-s How R is calculated. Can the values that I have mentioned above be calculated for each of these blocks, each of which represents a separate structure? Attached is the dynamic analysis calculation report of the project you gave. waiting for your comment. thanks.[/quote] Mr. mhanafiata The dynamic account report you sent is completely correct. However, in such structures, it is useful to choose a larger mode number. In this account report, a detail that I had not noticed before caught my attention. When calculating the equivalent floor force in structures with multiple rigid diaphragms, the whipping F force added to the top floor is only applied to one diaphragm at the top floor. However, this does not affect the result because diaphragm forces calculated as a result of dynamic analysis are used in the calculation. Now I learned that blocks that are completely disjointed from each other should be solved separately. in the same structure you posted, s08 loads in the file named "together-s08". then I deleted the right block and did analysis and in the file named "separately -s08". I wanted to compare the axial loads. We have not yet come to your dlated-separated blocks. and it is necessary to analyze and look at them separately. thank you.

Mr. mhanifata , Whether we solve it together in the same project or as separate projects, the result is always the same. While you were solving it as a separate project, you did not select the Infrastructure - Superstructure solution together option. In the file I sent, I made a solution with sub-structure and superstructure together solution option selected.

Re: İdeSTATİK 6 thanks for your interest and comments... However, what I wanted to tell you or my question was the drawings were a relevant situation... especially the lengthening of the reinforcements in beam extensions... Mr. Hakan, what kind of arrangement did you make? I don't know, but there is no problem when you send it. Or how did you fix those beam details, can you explain a little bit.. good work... respect...

Re: İdeSTATİK 6 Hello, I only saw the problem you pointed out in your project... The problem seems to be caused by a confusion with your project settings.. I solved the problem by copying and pasting the data into the template project. Let's try the following operations ... 1. Click on Project/New project. 2. Tick Start with template. 3. Open a project by selecting one of the white or black templates. 4. Re-enter the system with the problem on the new project page that opens. Try it, let's talk again depending on the situation. If necessary, we can also talk on the phone Bursa ideYAPI 0224 220 67 17

In order to solve blocks with different R coefficients together in the same project, you can make your calculations by entering the diaphragm Coefficients according to the relevant coefficient in the Analysis / Floor Parameters / Defined F Fx Fy Columns. In future versions, we may request the option to enter different R coefficients for different blocks in the same project from ideYAPI.

Re: İdeSTATİK 6 Thanks for your interest Mr. Hakan, when you open it as you said (using a template), the problem disappears. good work, best regards...

[/attachment]
"cassabotanic":1alvu94u" said:
mr mhanifata , Whether we solve it together in the same project or separately, the result is always the same. While you solve it as a separate project Infrastructure - Superstructure together solution option is not selected.In the file I sent, I made a solution with sub-structure and superstructure together solution option selected.
Dear Cassabotanic, first of all, I would like to thank you for the researcher approach you have shown on this issue. In a school project we did within TOKİ about 5 years ago, the structure was divided into 3 parts with 2 joints. We made the solution in separate parts. At that time, my biggest dream was to solve these three parts at once. Now I want this. However, in the examples I have done, I have not yet I see that this stage has not been reached in the idea (the same in other programs). I have put an example in the appendix. I would be glad if you examine it. I did not include the foundation at all. If there is an agreement on the superstructure, we will move on to the foundation. 1st project 2 blocks with joint. 2nd project only block 1 of them. I looked at the effects in P102.

Dear mhanifiata and our valued users, As you know, our 6.01 beta1 version is a beta version, in other words a test version, and the reviews you make using it are also a reference for us. While examining the program, we want you to know that the data obtained from such correspondences is important to us and the results are closely examined, as the program is a beta version. In general, in the 6.01 beta version, you can report the situations that you see in the 6.01 beta version to ideYAPI and ask for the necessary measures to be taken or corrected. You, our users, will be our reference in the development of the program.

"cassabotanic":1o2tt0hd" said:
To solve blocks with different R coefficients together in the same project, you can calculate Analysis / Floor Parameters / Defined F Fx Fy Columns by entering the diaphragm Coefficients according to the relevant coefficient. We can ask ideYAPI for the option to enter different R coefficients for different blocks in the project.
I already wrote you an answer on this subject in the evening. The answer is above ... I am writing it once again below I am writing the blocks with different R coefficients together in the same project. To solve it, you can make your calculations by entering diaphragm Coefficients according to the relevant coefficient to the Analysis / Floor Parameters / Defined F Fx Fy Columns. In future versions, we may request the option to enter different R coefficients for different blocks within the same project from ideYAPI.[/b ] As in the project I sent, R = 8 with the same R coefficient, in this example, these 4 blocks are together with 6.01 Beta1 version All earthquake management It is calculated by making the steel checks correctly. In the example I sent, you made a mistake while solving it alone. You shouldn't compare apples with oranges. If you want to compare, compare the project you modeled together with sap2000, then compare the structure you entered alone with sap 2000. Or model the structure you modeled together in sap2000 and say that these results are correct. I am trying to explain that we cannot enter the R coefficient for the individual blocks used in the project you entered together. good work

Back