Project Design and Problems Encountered

Re: PROJECT DESIGN and PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED Dear Coşkun, You can find this information in TS 498 chapter 8, but let me briefly state it. Wind load W=c*q*A c= 1.2 can be taken. (if h>5*facade width is c=1.6) q=0-8mt height 50 kg/m² 9-20m height 80 kg/m² 21-100mt 110 kg/m² The pressure value you find is half of that of the structure pull occurs behind. So practically multiply that by 1.5. It is not written in the regulation, but if there is a situation that will cause a corridor effect, multiply this load by at least 1.2 in the wind direction of the building. Calculate separately for each floor and each loading direction (X, Y, -X, -Y) and write it in the wind load section of the parameters.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN AND PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED I think you recommended Mr. Suatyy to make the Beams 60 cm high, or another brother may have recommended it, I can't remember exactly. So, is there any harm in pulling it to a height of 50 cm on the upper floors? I know there will be casualties in the mold, but the contractor says he can afford it, he demands 50 cm. I also talked to the foreman, he said that if there is no problem in the loss of mold, it will not be a problem for us. I'm thinking of making 2 basement, ground, 1-2 for 60 and lowering the rest. What do you think?

Re: PROJECT DESIGN and PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED hello, I received a project that was analyzed in another package program. It has been solved with a continuous foundation, but its dimensions are strange, the width of the columns is more than the foundation, the columns sit on the ampatments. Could there be such a basic shape? I am adding the basic details.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN AND PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED Hello, I had a question about the application of the foundation curtain wall in the projects... In some applications, only the columns on the side of the building are surrounded by the basement walls (outer columns 3m, inner columns 4-4.5m). It happens)...in some applications, the connections of the remaining columns are crossed with curtains and horizontal beams.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN and PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED For the 1st question, more detailed information is needed about the building, such as floor heights, number of floors and areas. Such structures require special analysis methods. Your second question is a performance analysis problem. It will likely require reinforcement. If you have not done this type of building before, my advice is to seek professional advice.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN and PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED Select more than one line by pressing the shift key in the reinforcement table, then when you click on the ds box, all the lines you have selected will be marked.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN AND PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED
"emresezer":zm618uoc" said:
Municipalities can be very strict on these issues at certain points, we may encounter the same problems not only in the project but also in the on-site applications. absolutely no attention is paid and even look next to the masonry building in an adjacent area, you can build buildings, connect them, and space them. These are not controlled. Apart from defining extra wall load, we solve this problem with fine beams on the spot. If beams do not come, we put fine beams, but how healthy are my colleagues on this subject? I'd like to know. Also, I don't know how many people apply this approach since it is not subject to control, but I pay attention to this situation.
It might be nice to put a tie in the middle with the contractor's thought, a 25/60 beam hanging from the middle of a 7m long, 5m wide hall would be nice. There is no image after all, but look at it from a static perspective. It can be thought that the wall load coming from the upper floor is covered by throwing a horizontal beam of a size such as 15/50, which can be called the "hidden beam", passing through the middle of such floors. Whatever you do, you cannot completely prevent the deflection in this area with a 15 cm high concrete section. because the concrete section we try to be a precautionary measure is 15 cm on average and the weight of this concrete in 5m is 1 ton on average (0.15*0.5*5m*2.5=0.92ton). the load brought by the wall will be (0.135*2.7*5m*0.35=0.65 tons). that is, set aside the statics of the cross-section of the beam that will meet the wall load, even the weight of the wall is close to the weight of the beam. My personal opinion is to solve this situation by passing beams of minimum dimensions as horizontal beams (h=30*b=60*l=5m*2.5t=2.25 tons) in such cases. In architecture, this ugliness and static problem is solved together by dividing the ceiling of the room into two by creating a 30-40 cm wide pool with a 15 cm sagging on all four sides of the room with gypsum plasterboard on the ceiling.

"legend":husohwd0" said:
hello... I have two questions: 1-by expanding the upper floor of high-rise buildings from the front or both sides to make it wider for shop purposes We are designing the building with legs. For example, we have an 80 cm raft foundation under the building. However, we want to design a raft foundation of 50 cm on condition that the foot part is one-story, without dilatation. In fact, we want the height of the lower part of the shop building to be 380, while the height of the foot part is 330. We want the 50-foot foundation of the foot part to begin. I will add the project when the project design comes out. But I wanted to get your comments beforehand. 2-The island where an existing building is located was given 1 floor more than the zoning. As a result of the new arrangement. We added 1 floor on the old project and analyzed it according to the results of the laboratory. I use ide 6.54. The concrete class of a 5-6 year old building will be low. I need brief information about ide's reinforcement stabilizer. for example, Kolo Instead of selecting the ds in the n beam and floor one by one, we have the opportunity to select all of them at once... like... of course, since this is the first time I've encountered this kind of work, I'm waiting for your technical information help... thank you very much in advance.take it easy...[/quote ] To select ds all at once, if you select the first beam, slide the tab on the side to the bottom, and then press the shift button, you will have selected all the remaining beams at the same time. however, in the performance analysis, if the building does not have a previous project according to the earthquake code, you may have to manually enter the reinforcements of all beams one by one. worse, if there is no project at all, then you may need to determine where and how much reinforcement is located by doing on-site knurling or by doing an x-ray of the reinforcement. Of course, you don't have to do this to all beams and columns. You will reach a logical result by considering the weakest-medium and strongest column-beams with the engineering eye. these values and data will help you to form an idea in other reinforced concrete elements. As a result of the analysis, it should ensure the safety of life as a minimum security. If it occurs before collapse in earthquake loadings, its resolvability with reinforcement should be checked. you need to define concrete core and test results by creating material. In buildings of about 10 years, it can be 13-16 in hand-cast concrete and 17-21 in ready-mixed concrete.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN and PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED
"coskun3561":2jr2j2ye" said:
hello, I came across a project that was analyzed in another package program. It has been solved with a constant basis, but its dimensions are strange, the width of the columns is larger than the foundation, Columns fit into ampatments. Is there such a foundation shape? I'm adding foundation details.

"coskun3561":26eb0szl" said:
hello, I came across a project that was analyzed in another package program. It was solved with a continuous basis, but its dimensions are strange, the width of the columns is larger than the foundation, Columns sit on ampatments. Could there be such a foundation shape? I am adding foundation details.
When I open and examine the project, it is more important here than the foundation, how they cross the 8m distance with these columns. If it is a single-storey prefabricated building foundation, there is no problem, a solution has been made in the logic of single foundation but these columns are very inadequate at this distance.

Re: PROJECT DESIGN AND PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED You should not be afraid of any structure designed by a good engineer, but look around you, how many engineers can read the earthquake code to the end. In the meantime, in order to be able to read earthquake regulations, structural dynamics, finite elements, theory of elasticity, and earthquake dynamics etc., which are graduate courses. I want to remind you that you must have taken the classes.[/quote] absolutely correct. they steal from the material even while preparing the regulation. I mean, for example, a phrase like "in article 6.4.2.1" can make people stop even reading. For example, when reading article 6.4.3, the phrase "in item 6.4.2.1" is used. It would not be possible if they wrote the relevant article clearly and in quotation form as we did here. save ink :D

"suatyy":2gdmvx0e" said:
Dear Tawakkul, The issue here is not the number of floors. By accepting ductile behavior and reducing the earthquake load, a non-ductile joint due to this type of connection faults Even if it's a single storey, let's not make a mistake like this. There are many single-storey or two-storey buildings destroyed in the Erzincan and Düzce earthquakes. The problems and mistakes in the regulations do not end. There will be problems in the new one. As I mentioned before, the regulations are designed to minimize the risk of making fatal mistakes This is not the only conflicting point. Let me just give you one more example, when calculating the shear strength Vr, there is a coefficient Vc for the concrete admixture. For different values of this coefficient, see TDY in TS 500. You go to TDY, the different values of this coefficient at the relevant point He says, see TS 500 for this. Between two regulations, you come and go. What would you do in this case? Wouldn't you take this coefficient just because you didn't? Of course not. In this case you get whichever coefficient puts you on the safe side. One more example. You know, it is not possible to recover the shear safety of column-beam junctions without interfering with the architecture. Any beam that sits on the columns from the side and at the end of the column does not save this control. Is it because it really didn't save? No, the Regulation is a deficiency in the formula. Here, Ve is expected to be greater than Vr. For Ve, a shear capacity is calculated by taking the lower and upper reinforcements of the beam according to the earthquake direction. but for Vr, only the concrete cross-sectional area of the column that the beam pushes is taken. However, in order to prevent shear cracks to be controlled here, stirrups are also placed in the area of the columns corresponding to the beam, but these stirrups are not taken into account in the calculation of Vr. It is a formula prepared by staying on the very safe side. So, are we going to skip this check just because we know the deficiency in this formula? No, because the placement of beams in this area has not yet become a habit for all blacksmiths and we do not trust the control mechanism that much yet, so we do this again to stay on the safe side. In short, I think all these controls are necessary. Here, we must spend our energy to find solutions to such applications that cause errors in building behavior. A blacksmith who could not place the column stirrup we mentioned said to me, 'I cannot place this stirrup here, if you know, let's put it on the show'. At that moment, the man was right, asking for a solution at this point. I thought a lot and found a solution and had it done by the master. Greetings
, if we leave it to the masters, while there should be a maximum 10cm distance in the calculations in the column-beam junction area, there should be 2 pieces of column stirrups in the 32 cm section, while the beam stirrups are not thrown at all. However, a very practical method for this is to suspend the column stirrups (3 pieces with 10 cm intervals for 32 cm) 25 cm above the floor formwork, and then the beam stirrups can be easily placed. Of course, this requires technical knowledge. Therefore, the certificate of mastery should not be considered sufficient and the subcontracting system should now be fully incorporated so that a person without technical knowledge is in charge of iron assembly. I would really like to congratulate if there is a building inspection control engineer who can have all the stirrups in the column-beam junction applied as a control mechanism. When you make some imposition, first the master and then the contractor do not hesitate to grimace. the reason is quite clear. It is due to the fact that the blacksmith master will spend 3 krş in that region with the calculation of winning 4 krş. Another example is the 80/32 beam connected to the 80 section of a 30/80 column, while the 80/32 beam connected to the 30 section can be connected beforehand. this is purely the master's idea of convenience. whereas in the technical part, 80/32 beams must be connected first. In such cases, 30 cm of the 60/32 beam is faced with bending moment and becomes a kind of cantilever beam. such as the order of connection in figure 1 and the assembly of stirrups in figure 2. In figure 2, I noticed that the program did not place a beam stirrup inside the column section. In figure 3, the column stirrups can be easily mounted by suspending them in order to be able to mount the beam stirrup on a 30 cm column section. however, blacksmiths can say that if it's easy, come and do it, taking advantage of the inexperienced engineers' ignorance of these applications. I witnessed such an event in 2002 when I was doing my internship during my school years, the master said to our 50-year-old engineer (İ.T.Ü. Civil Engineer Gürkan DİKEN Çorum.) if it is easy, come and do it, and our engineer said that after I did it, you He replied by saying what do you have to do and if you can't do it, you leave the profession and those who can do it will come. then he described how it was done to me in a separate place from the master and I had the master do it. The master determined by the contractor changed on the next floor and the blacksmith determined by our engineer came. the master had done the same application on an upper floor, without us even having to say it. In 2002, I learned how such applications were made in a province with scientific responsibility, with the experience of an engineer with such strict rules.

"legend":zqkm6ypy" said:
hello... I have two questions: 1-by expanding the floor of the high-rise buildings from the front or both sides to make it wider for shop purposes We are designing the building with legs. For example, we have an 80 cm raft foundation under the building. However, we want to design a raft foundation of 50 cm on condition that the foot part is one-story, without dilatation. In fact, we want the height of the lower part of the shop building to be 380, while the height of the foot part is 330. We want the 50-foot foundation of the foot part to begin. I will add the project when the project design comes out. But I wanted to get your comments beforehand. 2-The island where an existing building is located was given 1 floor more than the zoning. As a result of the new arrangement. We added 1 floor on the old project and analyzed it according to the results of the laboratory. I use ide 6.54. The concrete class of a 5-6 year old building will be low. I need brief information about ide's reinforcement stabilizer. for example, Kolo Instead of selecting the ds in the n beam and floor one by one, we have the opportunity to select all of them at once... like... of course, since this is the first time I've encountered this kind of work, I'm waiting for your technical information help... thank you very much in advance.take it easy...[/quote ] :)) very funny your 1st question hahaha :D now 50 cm will start after 80 cm and there will be no dilatation haah :D

"coskun3561":2ikw65xj" said:
hello, I came across a project that was analyzed in another package program. It has been solved with a continuous basis, but its dimensions are strange, the width of the columns is larger than the foundation, Columns fit into ampatments. Could there be such a foundation shape? I'm adding foundation details.
There is no problem with this foundation... probably due to the ground safety tension or soil class, it gave wide ampatage. The only problem is the l/10 condition for the foundation so it could have been 30/75 instead of 30/60... but even if it's 30/75, it looks like a floor beam, not like a foundation :D

"coskun3561":3o3ry0tx" said:
Mr. Suatyy I think you recommended me to make the beams 60 cm high, or another brother may have recommended it, I can't remember exactly. I know there will be loss in the mold, but the contractor says he can afford it, he demands 50 cm, I also talked to the foreman, he said if there is no problem in the loss of mold, there will be no problem for us. I'm thinking of dropping the rest. What do you think?
dude, the project is like your book.. you can play on it as you wish, but you should not forget that it is reflected in human life.. optimum solution.. if you follow, make 45s on the upper floors, but you can do the formwork and beam expansions separately. give.. otherwise people will live there and don't forget to give the details of the upper floors... also, the section you will reduce will lead to reinforcement in the lower section of the beam and almost plus the reinforcement You can only gain 3-5 m3 of concrete... you lose time by struggling..

"engineer_8707":2ixqjtew" said:
Hi, I had a question about the application of the foundation curtain wall in the projects. (outer columns are 3m, inner columns are 4-4.5m)...In some applications, the connections of the inner columns are crossed with curtains and horizontal beams. /quote] basement curtains don't seem to be very important, but they provide support in the building in direct proportion to the movements of the beams on the upper floor. I think it is very logical to prepare a basement formwork plan. In this way, the building is formed from the height difference. There will be no column that stretches longer than the other, and the movements will be performed in exactly the same time. In addition, there is no such thing as 3 meters on the outside and 4.5 meters on the inside. The curtain was kept short at the entrance of the building or the ground floor level was required in the architectural project...

Re: PROJECT DESIGN AND PROBLEMS FACED
"SCETCHER":2ocp5ly9" said:
"emresezer":2ocp5ly9" said:
Municipalities can be very strict on these issues at certain points, not only in the project but also in the on-site applications. we can meet. First of all, no attention is paid to the column and elevation differences in adjacent structures, and you can even look at the side of the masonry building in an adjacent area, you can build a building, connect them, and give spacing. they are not checked. Apart from defining extra wall load, we solve this problem with thin beams on site. If the beam does not come, we put thin beams, but how healthy is it, what are the opinions of my colleagues on this issue. I would like to bite. Also, since this approach is not subject to control, I don't know how many people apply it, but I pay attention to this situation.
It might be nice to put a tie in the middle with the idea of the contractor. A 25/60 beam hanging from the middle of a 7m long, 5m wide hall is not a pretty sight after all. however, when we look at it from a static point of view, it can be thought that the wall load coming from the upper floor is covered by throwing a horizontal beam of size 15/50, which can be called the horizontal "hidden beam" passing through the middle of such floors. Whatever you do, you cannot completely prevent the deflection in this area with a 15 cm high concrete section. because the concrete section we try to be a precautionary measure is 15 cm on average and the weight of this concrete in 5m is 1 ton on average (0.15*0.5*5m*2.5=0.92ton). the load brought by the wall will be (0.135*2.7*5m*0.35=0.65 tons). that is, set aside the statics of the cross-section of the beam that will meet the wall load, even the weight of the wall is close to the weight of the beam. My personal opinion is to solve this situation by passing beams of minimum dimensions as horizontal beams (h=30*b=60*l=5m*2.5t=2.25 tons) in such cases. In architecture, this ugliness and static problem will be solved together by dividing the ceiling of the room into two by creating a 30-40 cm wide pool, with gypsum plasterboard hanging 15 cm on all four sides of the room, and dividing the ceiling of the room into two.
friends, your comments are very good. nice, but I have a recommendation for you, definitely do not go beyond the project in on-site applications.. the issue you are trying to create a solution with your own means may have been solved by the project author before.. a beam that you will throw in place may turn the whole system upside down. Since the beams you have inserted that beam do not contain suitable reinforcement for this stud, they will be exposed to the point load effect and cause deflection cracks from the bottom and this is only and only due to your goodwill.. Please comply with the projects prepared by the project author.. or call and consult so that you do not attempt to change without his knowledge. .

Projecting and Troubles I know this is not the place for this topic, but I wanted to share my troubles with you. - Record 27: The contractor of the building for which I drew the reinforced concrete project, because I put double stirrups on the 45-50 cm wide hollow floor beams, the office I worked for broke down, the rest is smash, whirl, whirl.... - Record 143[/ b]: The contractor of the building whose groundwater level is -1.50 m (basic lower elevation was -0.95 m) and the contractor of the building that I drew the project called me the day after the projects got out of license and started the construction, because I put the phrase that a membrane waterproofing will be made on the base. He also spoke: No, they did it on the next parcel, there was no waterproofing, no, it was unnecessary, it was an additional cost, whir, whir, whir.... 2 days later, during the excavation, the construction site flooded. Then it stopped... -Record 192: 1200 m^2, B+Z+3, the contractor of a building with hollow floor (his project was perfect despite its crooked parcel and architecture) because I calculated 47 tons of iron He started a sentence by saying, "Are you trying to screw me up?" (I wrote it very thinly and summarizing), the rest is vır, wır, wır.... - Registration 566 (2 days ago): The contractor of the building whose reinforced concrete project I had drawn, went to the office. Is it okay if I don't come and throw 15 cm of gravel under the lean concrete, it's useless anyway, should I throw 30 tons of gravel in there now, what does it mean, he made some conversations and bargains like this, whir, whir, whir... Come on, this man has a high underground water level, Explain why there should be a sand-gravel mattress under lean concrete on a Z4 ground class plot. The thing that bothers me the most is that there are 2 architects and 2 civil engineers in the office where I work, no one backed me. I don't care, but if I were the boss, I wouldn't hold back, I would pay back.... Do such contractors choose only our firm, I don't understand...

Back