Insights questions on the use of Steel Design

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions
"kursataykanat":3mr6lddx" said:
hello, does the program support BS, EUROCODE, ACI regulations?
ideCAD Steel AISC 360-2010 ASD and It can design according to LRFD.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Çelik 8 questions
"ibrahimtosunlu":34pm9i1w" said:
can we define C profile for lovers or will there be an update about it?
Structure to define C profile You can use the 'add new section' option from the sections section of the tree.If you select the section type 'Cold rolled C' you can define the dimensions of the section.

Re: Opinions on the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions Are the cold rolled C profile calculations made for the relevant cold formed steels according to the regulation?

Re: Opinions on the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions
"sereze":21wlwfs1" said:
I wonder if the cold rolled C profile calculations are made according to the regulation for the relevant cold formed steels?
Yes, cold formed steels The design is made in accordance with the regulation (AISI S100-12) for

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions
"sereze":2m792h4j" said:
I wonder if the cold rolled C profile calculations are made according to the regulation for the cold rolled steels?
Cold rolled thin-walled The calculation of the elements is made according to the AISI S100-12 regulation.Because of the cold forming, the bent parts harden and the ductility of the element decreases, that is, the material properties change (higher yield stress is seen in the hardening parts).In addition, since these elements are thin-walled, the bearing strength of this type of elements is generally determined by local buckling in the cross-section. Although there are local buckling controls for slender sections in the AISC 360-10 regulation used for hot rolled sections, the hot rolled sections used in the market are compact (not slender, see TDY 2007 Table 4.3), so local buckling does not determine the bearing capacity of the member. AISI S100-12 is specially prepared for this type of elements and It is the most up-to-date regulation with serious research in its body. These elements are considered as roof and facade purlins within the scope of ideCAD Steel.

Re: Opinions and questions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 It would be nice if steel joint drawings could be placed on a single command like other drawings. Is such a change planned in the new version?

Re: Opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello Mr. Mehmet; In the steel drawings, the details of the regions where the joints are located in the individual element drawings are included in the sections. All sections that may be needed are created. It is not considered to create a separate drawing for the joints. If you share the reason why you need it, we can help you create the drawings in the current program, or if you indicate why you think it would be better, it will be noted as a request. Good work.

Re: Opinions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 questions The texts on the steel axle drawings are very intertwined. The program cannot be edited. Autocad takes time. Nothing can be done with the layer logic in transfers. Is there an easy way to edit posts?

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Unfortunately, there are situations in the program that need to be done about drawings. These problems will be fixed in later versions. But now you need to edit via dwg. Good work.

Steel drawing settings Steel drawing settings; When I close the program, open it again, or even load the same project, it returns to default values.

Re: opinions and questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello ; Thank you for the information you provided. Necessary action will be taken. Good work.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions Preparing steel drawings is quite slow, waiting for a long time for drawings to be created is quite tedious. It would be good to consider this situation as well. Sevket ATEŞ

Re: opinions and questions about the use of ideCAD Steel 8 mrba be easy. I am a public employee and I am using your licensed product. How can I access the idecad 8 steel demo version? because I want to try it as soon as possible. Can you give me information about this?

Re: Opinions and questions about using ideCAD Çelik 8 Hello Mr. Sevket; Optimization work is carried out on the drawings. In the current version, drawings take longer in structures containing box/pipe profile and honeycomb beam. A study has been done on this subject. However, if we evaluate in general and make a comparison with X-Steel, our users who use both state that İde Çelik is not slow. Good work.

Re: opinions questions about using ideCAD Steel 8 Hello; Ide Çelik 8 demo is not ready yet. Work continues. When the demo is prepared, you will be able to access it from idecad.com.tr and again on our forum page. Good work.

Re: Opinions about using ideCAD Steel 8 questions Select the column to be bent, approach the end of the column to be displaced, the tip move command will be activated, and a small window will open where you will give offset in XYZ directions. write enter that's all. (you can now find out how much you can displace depending on the angle!) G.KÖSE

Back