Effect of computer components on analysis time

"saridurmus":q0b3qi4b" said:
I have an old laptop, so the analysis time is 16.69 minutes, so I still have a sufficient computer.
The more GHz, the more meatballs. 3-4 years old :)

I modeled the first project I sent as a single foundation with 3 blocks, combined dilatation in the basement floors between the blocks, analysis time 135 minutes, 3 days, I haven't been able to get past the analysis part yet. Opening, closing, saving the project, looking at the analysis model and deformations takes too long. computers are too effective in project production time now it is necessary to renew the system

"myanswer":2dkasitz" said:
I modeled the first project I sent as a single foundation with 3 blocks, combined dilatation in basements between blocks, analysis time 135 minutes, 3 days, I haven't been able to get past the analysis part yet.Opening, closing, saving the project, looking at the analysis model, deformations The transition times between these are also very long. Computers are too effective during the project production period. It is necessary to renew the system now
Do not solve this system and every system as a semi-rigid diaphragm at the beginning. Design the system, first deal with the column curtain beams. If you do it in the types specified in the regulation If the elastic diaphragm is a structure that needs to be dissolved, dissolve the semi-rigid diaphragm in the final step.

"Ismail Hakki Besler":321wa794" said:
"myanswer":321wa794" said:
I modeled the first project I sent with 3 blocks, combined dilatation in the basements between blocks, as a single foundation, analysis time 135 minutes, 3 days, I haven't passed the analysis part yet. Opening, closing, saving the project, looking at the analysis model and deformations takes too long. computers are too effective during project production time, now it is necessary to renew the system
Do not dissolve this system and every system as a semi-rigid diaphragm at the beginning. First design the system, take care of the column curtain beams. If your structure is a structure that needs to be dissolved by the elastic diaphragm in the types specified in the regulation, I have determined the semi-rigid diaphragm solution
as you mentioned in the last step, but the errors in the column-beam junction area are very tiring. In order to eliminate the errors in the columns (B), I solve the reinforcements in the beams as semi-rigid and reduce the reinforcements, then I change the dimensions of the columns and beams in the system, their misalignment, and analyze again. The process took days, so the conditions in the column-beam junction area got worse.

"myanswer":tgi81boc" said:
as you mentioned, I determined the load-bearing element sections, but the errors in the column-beam junction are very tiring. In order to eliminate the (B) errors in the columns, I solve the reinforcements in the beams as semi-rigid and reduce the reinforcements, after that, I change the dimensions of the columns and beams in the system, their misalignment and repeat I'm doing analysis, the process took days, so the conditions in the column-beam junction in the regulation got heavy.
When semi-rhythm is resolved, the program looks at both the rigid diaphragm results for the columns and the semi-rigid. It looks at the most unsuitable situation. See the B errors by solving the rigid diaphragm. En Check once again by marking semi-rigid in the last wizard. In this project, the blocks are separated by dilataston. You do not have to solve three blocks in the same project. Also, you do not have to solve semi-rigid solutions. Refresh your system also. But still follow this procedure. Share it here too.Let's test the speeds.

It would be nice if someone with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor analyzes the 9katlı.ide10 model, but it would be nice to see the results... There is a difference of close to 1400 TL with the i9 9900K, we would find out if it's worth it.

Hi The analysis took 25.00 minutes without changing anything, including the mesh intervals. 64 bit, ram 16 GB Unver ÖZCAN

Ismail Bey, it was finished in the same time on my computer with the same features. I have Windos Home and 16GB, the time is 16.01 min. ram and communication system doesn't make much difference.

Hello friends, I thought of publishing a new model and result table in order to make the information more tidy and continuous in this topic. The model is simpler and the analysis time is not long enough to disrupt your work. I created the model based on the v10.03 black template. I set the floor and curtain mesh width to 50 cm. The link where the model is loaded will be permanent, so it will not be deleted. As you share your results, I will add them to the table. At least for a while :) I think it's enough even if there are 20 results in the list. After opening the model, it is enough to press the analysis button without changing any settings. Model:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Result table:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
When you click on the processor name in the result table, you can see its properties. NOTE: This message might be more helpful if my admin could move it to the top of the thread.

Back