Effect of computer components on analysis time

mkrts88

Friends, I am thinking of collecting a new system, I have a sample model and my computer analyzed this model in 13 minutes and 42 seconds. Can those who have the time test it by specifying their own systems and tell the time? Thanks in advance My system is this Model attached

Hello friends, I thought of publishing a new model and result table in order to make the information more tidy and continuous in this topic. The model is simpler and the analysis time is not long enough to disrupt your work. I created the model based on the v10.03 black template. I set the floor and curtain mesh width to 50 cm. The link where the model is loaded will be permanent, so it will not be deleted. As you share your results, I will add them to the table. At least for a while :) I think it's enough even if there are 20 results in the list. After opening the model, it is enough to press the analysis button without changing any settings. Model:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Result table:
When you click on the processor name in the result table, you can see its properties. NOTE: This message might be more helpful if my admin could move it to the top of the thread.

Hakan, when you say i7, can you also write the model number and speed as ghz? Also, are the rams ddr4? Also how many mhz rams? As far as I understand, single core performance should be high. I think G4650 processor would be a good choice. i7 processors also show themselves in rendering.

"mkrts88":1o0s2p18" said:
hakan bey When you say i7, can you write the speed as model number and ghz? Also, is the rams ddr4? Also, how many MHz rams? i7 processors are also showing in render
My cpu is 1st or 2nd generation, 2.8 ghz. My computer is not a new computer. I remember ram ddr3. Consider 32 gb ram on your new computer.

4 minutes 22 seconds 16 GB ram i7-4700HQ CPU 2.40Ghz NVIDIA GeFrge GT 750M win 8 64 bit operating system 2-2.5 years old notebook

I made experiments on computers with many different processors. I tried a computer with X99 series 6950x processor, m2 nvme hard disk, 64 gb ddr4 ram, finally i7 7700k processor and 16 gb ram. While 6950x finished the same project in 10 minutes, 7700k processors took 8 minutes. (with V 8.504) . I've asked about this before. My conclusion is that single-core processors with high performance speed are very successful in shortening time with idecad. I even gave myself this kind of conf. I'm thinking of prepping it and overclocking it. Good evening. Sent via iPhone using Tapatalk

"s_f_d":2x7jh5jz" said:
I have tried on many different processor computers. X99 series 6950x processor with m2 nvme harddisk, 64 gb ddr4 ram and finally i7 7700k processor and 16 gb ram while I finished the same project with 6700x 10950 computer. The processor finished in 8 minutes (with V 8.504). I asked this question before too. My conclusion is that single core processors with high performance speed are very successful in reducing time with idecad. I even think about preparing myself such a conf. and overclocking. Good evening. Tapatalk Sent via iPhone using
it would be a more accurate criterion if you did it with the latest version 8.61

Motherboard: CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790K, 4400 MHz (44 x 100) Motherboard Name MSI Z97A Gaming 7 (MS-7916) Motherboard Chipset Intel Wildcat Point Z97, Intel Haswell System Memory 32716 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM) Image Unit: Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB)

It was a good title to guide the friends who will assemble a PC. The amount of RAM is important, but even in the 40-floor (45 thousand m2) semi-rigid model lasting 120 minutes, I could not see more than 7 GB of usage. So the more RAM, the faster the speed, I guess. There is also a considerable time difference between the collection of the earthquake load calculation method option at the floor center and the dispersed mass solution. In the example model, the solution option with "from element-specific results..." (scattered mass) was selected. This took 4 minutes. In the first option, it took 2 minutes. Processor: Intel i5 6500 @ 3.20 -> 3.50 GHz RAM: 16 GB DDR4 @ 2333 MHz Storage: 500 MB/s SSD No video card (it seems to have no effect on the analysis :) ) Windows 10 operating system Result 1:
Result 2:

Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 6098p @ 3.60GHz 23 °C
Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
8,0GB
Motherboard
MSI H110M PRO-VD (MS-7996) (U3E1) 110 °C
Graphics
PHL 193V5 (1366x768@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ZOTAC International) 26 °C