Turkey Building Earthquake Regulation 2018

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 For once, he said that no one doing business in the market should get involved in this business: because posting a doctorate and master's degree, and publishing an article is over 50 points. An engineer working in the market (if he does not have a master's degree, doctorate or article) can get a maximum of 50 points. If it's enough, 60 points. Think about the rest. That is: Whether he read a lot, wrote a thesis, but there is no need to have a lot in practice?!

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 They put the following temporary article to solve the problem only until they get this document. .

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 When I saw the first draft of TBDY, I hoped they wouldn't compare it to "Competent Engineering" or "Building Inspection Regulation". nothing, your professional experience (which is only indexed to the year) is enough... In its original form, "Competent Engineer" wanted professional experience depending on the year... In this paper, it was asked to embellish a little more academic work etc.. (I think the address was shown. only) If there was an examination mechanism...(if a reputable institution had held this examination, OSYM/YÖK/MEB...etc.) besides the "special topics" mentioned as content, TBDY 2018/TS500/TS498 ...etc. If there were current legislation, everyone could take this exam (regardless of the aging of the engineer), Those who get the minimum score from the exam would be entitled to receive this document, and If the exam was repeated every 3 or 5 years to preserve this right, the information was kept up-to-date. amount If it was prevented from saying me and being lazy) the legislator would have done a more consistent job... frankly, this communiqué was a disappointment... It is certain that it will turn into a Building Inspection system!... These Inspectors will only act as a notary public tomorrow, according to this communiqué... Mr. NYILMAZ, you summed it up very well...
Nobody doing business in the market should get involved in this business
So: Even if he has read a lot, he has written a thesis, but there is no need to have a lot of practice in practice?![/quote ] By the way, a reminder; 20 points don't come because you have a master's/doctorate... your thesis topic has to be on the specific subjects mentioned... let's say you did it on these subjects, again, 20 points are not the bank, the commission decides the suitability of this study... So your Uni professors, Prof, Assoc... etc. It doesn't matter that their signing/approving the thesis is not considered sufficient for your work... commission will approve!... regards...

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018
"Mirza":3uzvzrew" said:
T You don't need to know anything to be a Project Implementation Supervisor, your professional experience (which is only indexed to the year) is enough... In its original form "Competent Engineer" also wanted professional experience depending on the year... In this paper, a little more decoration and academic work etc. were requested.. (I think, the address was shown only) Regards...
According to what I wrote above (actually, it's not mine, it's what the regulation says ) it's not enough to be old enough, as you said, there is delivery to an address.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 I downloaded it at first, I wondered what's going on, I thought I'd wait a bit, but you came out faster, says an academic who has done only two projects based on shape-shifting. It is not enough to have every academic title, you have to live at the specified address for this job.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018
"saridurmus":q9yllv2j" said:
I downloaded it at first and I wondered what's going on, I thought I'd wait a bit, but you came out faster, only academic who has done two strain-based projects It's not enough to have every academic title, you have to live at the specified address.
:D :lol:

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 Considering the economic situation in the country, it seems that there will be no job to analyze high-rise buildings for 1-2 years. Since it is not a high-rise building but a public institution, non-linear analysis can be done, however. I do not like the fact that a supervisor gains this right without a technical background, without knowing the basics of the work, just because he has practice. But the weight of the title and academic publication should have been less. Anyway, let me tell you my observations in the market so far. I have built many structures that are over 30 floors so far. I analyzed and designed one of them according to the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Tall Buildings Regulation (very similar to TBDY 2018 Chapter 13), which has 50 floors and remains as a draft. All others are designed according to TBDY 2007. To be honest, I definitely used ETABS and SAP2000 in the analysis and design of such structures. Currently, those buildings are standing and in use, I hope they will provide the expected performance in an earthquake. Until now, there was no regulation in force mandating nonlinear analysis. However, some institutions required this work especially in high-rise buildings. I am speaking for Istanbul, one or two professors handled the consultancy part of this business and no one else was working with them. Moreover, they run the software requirement and make it compulsory to use Perform. Those who know Perform know that its user interface is not friendly and it is very prone to misuse. Those who already use it continue the analysis by transferring from SAP2000. Although non-linear analysis is possible in SAP2000, they require this software by introducing the rule "Perform makes it more accurate". However, its only advantage is that it performs fast analysis due to convergence solutions in the methods it uses. Anyway, by forcing this software, they eliminated many project offices and caused that work to shift to the project offices that are already working with them. Those who do non-linear analysis will understand me, it is not possible to check those analyzes intelligently, you can only tell if there is a problem in the main lines. It is very open to manipulation. ideCAD and other native software are working to incorporate nonlinear analysis into their software. Tomorrow, I wonder what kind of attitude they will display towards domestic software in this commission. Even if they do not have a legal basis in their hands, when they say that this software will be used, you have to, otherwise the job will not work. Non-linear analysis is really difficult, I don't know if native software can really do it properly. But even if it does - and I trust the technical team behind ideCAD - it is possible to encounter the hurdle I mentioned above about using it. Especially because of the well-established consultants in some institutions...

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 I wouldn't be surprised if the "crew" gets the distributorship of Perform 3d... Even though our domestic software we use slurs around nonlinear analysis, these "supervisors" are required to perform 3d for the projects they control. they will impose it or they will drive the process uphill... (although they have no right) as a matter of fact, the experiences you have told and the experiences I have had support this prediction.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 First of all, the lack of close cooperation with local software companies in the software of the new regulation (TDY 2018) is nothing but an indirect directing to other foreign origin software. Did the writers of this regulation say to the local software developers, "Come on guys, what are you doing? We expect a study from you. We can change the regulation according to your situation and suggestions, and even discuss the effective date"? No. However, it has been shown what can be done in domestic software (in every field). These must also be supported. After all, the 2007 regulation is not a regulation to be taken lightly. Now I am very curious; which domestic or foreign software meets TDY 2018.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018
"NYILMAZ":1d9e0z1u" said:
The writers of this regulation said to local software developers, "Come on guys, what are you doing? We expect such a work from you. Did they say, "We can change the regulation according to your situation and suggestions, and even discuss the effective date"? No.
I don't know if they asked this question, but one of the local software said on their website that they were working on the regulation commission. I remember that ideYAPI was found. .

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018
"MaFiAMaX":1c1ftpip" said:
"NYILMAZ":1c1ftpip" said:
The authors of this regulation said to local software developers, "Come on guys, what are you doing? We are waiting for a study. According to your situation and suggestions, we can change the regulation and even discuss the effective date"? No.
I don't know if they asked this question, but one of the local software companies stated on their website that they were working on the regulation commission. I remember that it was found in ideYAPI. Mr. İsmail enlightens us.
I did not attend the commission personally, we received information from the professors who took part in the commission, both on steel and reinforced concrete, and we returned information. In the first stage, we allocated all our concentration to the Nonlinear account. Frankly, the adaptation of the new regulation in terms of ideCAD infrastructure did not seem problematic to us. However, when we consider the average ideCAD user, a lot of precautions were needed and we used our energy in this way and it took a lot of time. It was an issue that we were already familiar with since we had integrated the steel structures regulation (based on the strength calculation) into the program before. Let alone getting the board's opinion from us, it has become much more difficult to make projects in accordance with this regulation with ETABS, which is widely used in Turkey. You cannot create a project with this program by creating one project. Especially if you are solving a structure with no beams and a basement, the number of projects you will create will increase even more.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 HI, I WISH EVERYONE GOOD WORK... AS I HAVE OBSERVED, THERE ARE OFFICES PRODUCING MANY PROJECTS IN TURKEY. BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY OFFICES, THE PROFESSIONAL QUALITY IS VERY LACK COMPARED TO DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. BECAUSE, IN OUR COUNTRY, YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF PROJECTS WITHOUT A MASTER-Apprentice RELATIONSHIP. I PERSONALLY WANTED TO GROW WITH A GOOD MASTER, BUT IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF TRAINED ENGINEERS, BUT I HAVE ALSO SEEN THAT THERE ARE PROJECTORS THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE BURSTANTAGE ACCOUNT OF THE EMPLOYEES AND A LOT :) IF WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM GOOD INSPECTORS. I THINK THERE SHOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE AN ENGINEERING ASSOCIATION OR ASSOCIATION IN TURKEY AND THE INFORMATION SHOULD BE SHARED. IT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL, IF THOSE WHO WANT TO LEARN LEARN SOMETHING AND ADD SOMETHING OTHER TO THEIR KNOWLEDGE. GREETINGS TO MY COLLEAGUES... STAY THANKFUL...

Back