Turkey Building Earthquake Regulation 2018

MaFiAMaX

Hello Friends, [*]New 2018 Earthquake Regulation and Seismic Hazard Map document has been published. It will be familiar to users of ASCE and ACI. It has a world-class earthquake regulation. ideCAD has been working on the new earthquake regulation for a while. Good luck inshallah. * The regulation published as a draft in 2016 was revised and published in the official gazette on 18.03.2018: 2018 earthquake regulation
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 We are talking about the 2018 earthquake regulation, which was initially spoken as 2016, then postponed to 2017 and updated as 2018 today. Some of the items that ideCAD 8 program has already met and made in the new earthquake regulation 2016 2017 2018 to be published listed below. In summary, the new 2018 earthquake regulation 2016 2017 2018 content; Modeling of floors as semi-rigid diaphragms (Elastic diaphragm shell finite elements) Modeling of walls with shell finite elements Vertical earthquake calculation Use of effective section stiffness Modeling of polygonal walls with shell finite elements Modeling of basement walls with shell finite elements

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018
"cagatayk":1c2lx4c0" said:
When exactly will the new earthquake regulation come into force?
It is planned to enter into force in early 2017. 1 year old - new regulation There will be a compliance period, that is, the old regulation will remain valid for 1 more year, but at this time, the relevant administration (municipality, real estate, housing, toki, etc.)

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 The new 2018 earthquake code has been sent to AFAD for publication. (We are talking about the earthquake regulation 2018, which was initially spoken as 2016, then postponed to 2017 and updated as 2018 today.) It is expected to be published in a month.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 Hello Mr. Ismail, are there any changes on the Draft 2018? Or is it just published?

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 It is said that there will be a 1-year adaptation period to the new regulation. Is this true? What kind of roadmap will ideCAD follow for compliance with the new 2017 2018 regulation?

What is Flexible, Semi-Rigid and Rigid Diaphragm Hello; We would like to share with you a number of studies that we have prepared to serve as a resource for civil engineers, which include general information about the diaphragm acceptances, their definitions and the situations that should be applied, due to the fact that they are included in the New Earthquake Regulation to be published. Click the link below to watch the recorded video of the webinar on the subject
In the Draft New Earthquake Regulation; According to article 3.7.2.2 In buildings with A2 and A3 type irregularities, two-dimensional sheet (membrane) shall be modeled with finite elements to show that floor slabs can safely transfer earthquake forces between vertical carrier system elements in their own planes. According to 4.5.6.2 According to 3.7.2.2, reinforced concrete floors in buildings where A2 and A3 type irregularities exist and/or floors are not intended to function as rigid diaphragms, two-dimensional slab (membrane) to include degrees of freedom regarding in-plane displacements will be modeled with finite elements. In this case, three degrees of freedom will be considered at each node. If desired, shell finite elements with six degrees of freedom at each node can also be used, including degrees of freedom for out-of-plane displacements. According to article 4.5.7.1 As stated in 3A.6.4, the transition that takes place in the transition from normal floors to very rigid basement floors and has to transfer all or most of the inertial forces occurring in the upper floors to the perimeter walls of the basement floors suddenly It is essential to provide sufficient in-plane rigidity and strength in floors of floors. This condition is also valid for other transition floors where sudden stiffness changes are made for other reasons. According to 4.5.7.2 According to 7.2.2., regardless of the presence of A2 and A3 type irregularities, the floors of the transitional floors will be modeled according to 4.5.6.2 by taking sufficient floor thicknesses. (that is, the shell will be modeled with elements) According to article 7.11.3 In-plane axial and shear stresses in the floors of buildings with and without beams shall be calculated with the assumption of an elastic diaphragm.(Elastic diaphragm means semi-rigid diaphragm.) [b ]According to article 7.11.4[/b] In buildings with beamed slabs where there are A2 and A3 irregularities where it is necessary to show that the earthquake loads are transferred from the floors to the vertical load-bearing elements safely, the conditions given in article 7.11.3 will be met for the floors. * Link to download the draft -
Publications from which information can be obtained on the subject: 1- AISC 360-10 - Page 267 - Commentary B3 - 8. Diaphgrams and Collectors -
2- PEER -ATC-72-1 - Page A15 -
3- ASCE 7-10 - Page 94 - Chapter 12 - 12.10 - Diaphgrams, Chords and Collectors -
-
Good work.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 is it the missing point earthquake regulation for good building design and good building construction? Unfortunately, the new steel regulation issued with big words is also a copy. I regret that this is presented as something new. We spent years understanding and applying the 2007 earthquake code. then ah what is that? This regulation is insufficient. needed a new one. The major bureaus I know at the moment do not even look at the new steel regulation. How long has the earthquake regulation been on the agenda? There is no training or promotion. tomorrow it will crash in front of us and we will be surprised. If the trainings had been carried out for 2 years, everyone who wanted would be ready now. Every job done without focusing on human/engineer education seems futile to me...

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 Dear mhanifiata, The missing point(s) for good building design and good building fabrication is definitely not just earthquake code, I agree with you. You are also very, very right about the lack of training and promotion for our earthquake regulation, which will come into force soon and is almost completely "renewed". However, it is not possible to agree with what you wrote about the "REGULATION ON DESIGN, ACCOUNT AND CONSTRUCTION PRINCIPLES OF STEEL STRUCTURES", which was published in the Official Gazette in 2016 2017 2018 and entered into force as a mandatory law, and the renewal/updating of earthquake or steel structures regulations over the years. I don't think it would be a situation where the offices that should be at a certain level (even the middle level and below) do not look at the steel structures regulation, which has become a mandatory law by entering into force in 2016, it would be against the law. The AISC 360 specification, which has been closely followed and even used by many engineering companies in Turkey since 2005, forms the basis of our steel structures regulation, which entered into force in 2016 and became a mandatory law. Technology that has developed over the years, current research, studies carried out by academies or various organizations, etc. It seems natural and logical to me to update, renew, or make adjustments to the parts of the standards and regulations that were found to be inadequate in line with their results. Prof. dr. It will be very useful for you to listen to the seminar recording in which Cem Topkaya made detailed explanations about these topics in the link below. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the ideYapı family, which has been following the AISC 360 specification and the steel structures regulation of 2016 based on it for a long time and making improvements in the software.
Best regards, Tolga Aydöner

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2016 - 2017 - 2018 TOLGA BEY GREETINGS, I have read your article at length. Some issues may be misunderstood. there may be some again, I apologize in advance for that... 1-thank you for the link you gave. I personally attended the new steel regulation trainings of Mr. Cem Topkaya twice. I had attended another seminar before him. I had the opportunity to review the regulation once completely and several times through the training notes of the ide structure. As you know, this regulation is nothing new. It is the Turkish translation version of the American regulation. Thank you to those who contributed. but what I object to is that it is presented as something new. When I attended the first regulation presentation in Ankara, the presenters brought up the event with claims such as "it will not be the same as before", "it is no longer possible to design a structure with one model", "linear analysis is going to waste" Later, American software fans also put forward the thesis that "domestic software is going to waste" with a bigger claim... 2-ts648 is not a regulation but a standard. the aforementioned "REGULATION ON DESIGN, ACCOUNT AND CONSTRUCTION PRINCIPLES OF STEEL STRUCTURES" is a regulation on its name. The approach that this one repeals/will repeal the other cannot go beyond a claim. While ts648 was in effect, our friends (and me too) using external software were using asd 89. The administrations accepted this as well. In this respect, there was no one who adopted the ts648 and said, "May it stay". there was no one who used it. 3-regulation, law, constitution...everything changes depending on the development of human knowledge. As they say, "the only thing that does not change is change itself". exactly. and even as the years pass, not only the speed but also the acceleration of the change increases. this is inevitable. I'm not against it. The issue I criticize (specifically the earthquake regulation), what kind of error/missing/defect did the 2007 earthquake regulation contain. Is there an article, a study, a research on a destroyed building? Is there any indication that the defect is caused by regulation? Has this been shared with the community? Has an agreement been reached? I'm saying this. Look, the production of projects contrary to the 2007 earthquake regulations still continues. In other words, our engineer brothers cannot understand the regulation. or doesn't take the time to understand or rely on software. In particular, can the administrations test what percentage of the 2007 earthquake regulation was applied in the project calculations made with foreign software? I say that when the regulation is newly dated, everything will not work out. The main point is our mind, our understanding, our sense of responsibility. The regulation offers minimum conditions to people, but the sense of responsibility for work is a separate issue. I wanted to draw attention to this. 3-The new steel regulation refers to the new earthquake regulation at many points. From this point of view, it needs to be understood/implemented/applied together. but one has been published in the official gazette and the other is not yet. even this is currently a deficiency in the implementation of the steel regulation. 4-The new steel regulation is limited only to building type steel structure systems and systems containing similar columns/beams/cross members. and systems with a wall thickness of less than 2.5 mm pipe/box elements and structures containing other steel profiles with a thickness of less than 4 mm. For example, systems containing cold bending profile (CF) carrier system element in GES systems are also not within the scope of this regulation. For example, a silo design cannot be made. For example, an antenna tower, a wind turbine, a high-voltage line carrier… cannot be built. so our work is still unfinished... 5- The new steel regulation article 1.2 says: "... the sources given in annex-4 for the design rules not included in these principles or the relevant Turkish standard, and OTHER STANDARD, REGULATION WITH ACCEPTED INTERNATIONAL VALIDITY... ...can be used. When I say nobody looks at this regulation, I mean this. 6-ide structure has taken great steps with great efforts in the last few years. I agree with this. I follow it closely. I congratulate it...as per my belief in this, I have both only reinforced concrete and steel+reinforced concrete version 8 out of the 8 version, and the old version 7. :D 7-Excuse me, I read your article several times. Your good intentions and feelings of protecting the profession are clearly seen between the sentences. "regulation" several times in your article Instead of using the word "law", I wanted to let you know that this is a mistake, and I beg your pardon. :) It also brings with it a lot of errors. for this, problem definitions/solutions containing basic information should be the goal of engineers with the simplest explanations. this is my opinion. I mean, a regulation cannot boast of many pages. If it falls into repetition, it makes people tired. I have been struggling to understand the new earthquake regulation since the beginning of 2017. I find the language of explanation wrong. The writing technique that constantly refers to another article is tiring for me. explanations for exception provisions, etc.... tiring, very tiring.. 9-new steel regulation and new earthquake regulation may be beneficial to our nation. It's a great effort to write/make/translate it. But the real problem lies before us. We will read first. we will understand later. Then we will test if we understood correctly. If we misunderstood, we will try again... software/software needs to examine more carefully, administrations need to be far ahead of us. 10- I hope that I can explain my purpose. 11-Congratulations on your new year. greetings, respect, respect. By the way, I can't help but remember our brother ismail right five for all his good efforts...

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2016 - 2017 - 2018 Hello Hanifi, I wish you and all forum members a healthy and happy new year. As you have stated, I am writing what I wrote in the previous and in this message, in good faith and to be constructive. In fact, when you re-read my article that these are "regulations", you will see that I have already stated many times. I have also used the word law broadly, not as a term in the sense of a rule of law with a number and date of acceptance, but in the sense of a rule of law that has been made compulsory by being published in the official gazette. As you know, laws, decree-laws, statutes and regulations published in the official gazette are rules of law. "Regulations" published in the Official Gazette are also defined as the written rules of law enacted by the Prime Ministry and ministries to ensure the implementation of the laws and by-laws that concern their fields of duty. Therefore, these relevant regulations published for the implementation of laws - of course, the subjects they cover, min. conditions etc. It follows that in case of non-compliance, as I mentioned in my article, an unlawful action will be taken. As everyone knows, it is a legal/legal obligation to comply with our 2007 earthquake regulation published in the Official Gazette, within the scope of the subjects it covers, as well as our steel structures regulation dated 2016, which is not fully compatible with this, but still can be applied together in a way, for the same reason. must. Anyway, I would like to express my sincere greetings by saying "Education is a must" on the most important issue that you wrote and I agree with, without prolonging this topic and keeping this topic busy. Best regards, Tolga Aydoner

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2016 - 2017 - 2018 New Earthquake Regulation 2018 was published in the Official Gazette. 18. 03. 2018 You can download it as a PDF from the link below.

New Earthquake Regulation Hello everyone. As it is known, the new 2018 earthquake regulation has been published in the official gazette. When will the new 2018 earthquake code regulations be added to the ideCAD program? My other question is when will it be put into service with new regulations added? Thank you from now.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2016 - 2017 - 2018 New 2018 Earthquake Code regulations have been added to ideCAD 9.xx Version, testing continues at this stage. When the tests are finished, the beta user is published in the group. Afterwards, we plan to put it into service before the effective date, with new regulations added.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2016 - 2017 - 2018
"Ismail Hakki Besler":2vw7sy3w" said:
Regulations regarding the new 2018 Earthquake Code have been added to ideCAD 9.xx Version, testing continues at this stage. It is published in the beta user group. We plan to put it into service before the effective date, with new regulations added later.
Hello, I am a licensed user of idecad 7 version, in this case, shall we buy the 9 version that will comply with the new regulation and throw the old one away or update it? Will we be able to use the old version in style? Good work..

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2016 - 2017 - 2018 Hello, you will be able to upgrade from 7 versions to 9 versions. (from 7 to 8 + in the form of upg fee from 8 to 9) Your lock upgraded to 9 will be able to run 7 versions as well. You won't be throwing away version 7. Good work.

Back