Turkey Building Earthquake Regulation 2018

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2016 - 2017 - 2018
"Arzu Dural Gök":11uu0ruh" said:
Hi, you will be able to upgrade from 7 versions to 9 versions (from 7 to 8 + from 8 to 9). 'a upg fee) We will replace the lock you have with the 9 lock you have upgraded, the new lock will be able to run version 7. You will not throw away version 7. Good work.
Thank you Ms. Arzu, I guessed that too, but still, ask, from the person concerned. It's best to learn.. :) Good work..

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 has been published Friends, New earthquake regulation has been published. Let's start a discussion if anyone has read, reviewed or worked on it before. As you know, it will come into effect from the beginning of the year. Changes need to be digested in advance. Let's make suggestions and evaluate them. Let's talk about the new imperatives and challenges in building design. Architects should be prepared and informed about their designs. In this way, the adaptation period can be shortened. I think you should not expect everything from the program. When we do not know what the regulation brings, this time, among the program options, the questions "what will we choose here, where will we mark" come up. When the draft was published, I made it into a book and was reviewing it from time to time. I'm reading the new regulation now. The 2007 regulation was 150 pages and many of our friends are about to go to waste before they realize what happened. The 2018 regulation is approximately 400 pages. N. YILMAZ

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published
"Ismail Hakki Besler":248zdcgi" said:
You can download a PDF I made about the new 2018 Earthquake Code.
Thanks for the work, Mr. İsmail. At the end, you said that the solution of high-rise buildings will be in a different package, including Design Stage 1,2,3 mentioned in article 5. I understand that there will be two different versions, such as normal and ultimate. Will both versions be released at the same time?

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published Yes, the program we developed for the new 2018 Earthquake Code will be released in two different versions. Like "standard" and "ultimate" according to your naming. It is not yet known under which name they will be released and when they will be released. 1,2,3,4 calculation and evaluation for the solution of tall buildings will be in the "standard" package. The accounts shown in the table below will be included in this package. One of the verification stages of high-rise buildings, "Evaluation according to strain for prevention of migration and controlled damage performance targets" will be included in the package you have sampled as "Ultimate".

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published Mr. İsmail, I'm asking to be sure: Isn't the verification stage I marked in the red box in the image below, a mandatory stage in high-rise buildings with BYS=1? As a result, if this analysis will be in the ultimate version, won't the standard version have missed the high-rise building design stages? I think I'm missing information somewhere :roll:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published
"MaFiAMaX":3htj0yvt" said:
Ismail Bey, I'm asking to be sure: The verification stage I marked in the red box in the image below is a mandatory stage in high-rise buildings with BYS=1 Isn't it? As a result, if this analysis will be in the ultimate version, won't the standard version have missed the high-rise building design stages? I guess I have missing information somewhere
Yes, it is a mandatory stage. You do not have any missing information, you think right. But the other 4 stages are also obligatory. The first four stages are according to the "put the cow, buy the sausage" logic according to the last stage. But this last stage requires serious engineering knowledge and nonlinear analysis experience. And it makes sense to create a separate package for this job. The building design must be done under the supervision of a consultant. You have to pass the stages in the standard package to reach these stages. If you buy the upper package, the upper package will also include the standard package features. The essence of the matter is : Tall building t If you are going to do all the stages of the design, you should buy the upper package.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published Actually, ideCAD will also perform nonlinear analysis for BYS>2, DTS=1a, 2a structures in the standard version; so serious effort will be in the standard version as well :) As I understand it, you rightly want to separate the high-rise solution from the commercial sense. ideCAD is our pride, I wish you success in your work.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published Standard and advanced version differences for Tall Buildings with Building Height Class BYS=1: Calculations enclosed in green rectangle in the picture below It can be done by the standard version. Calculations enclosed in red rectangle in the picture below can be done by Advanced version.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published Mr. İsmail, You have briefly summarized the general issues in your article above. We thank you. The most obvious issue is indeed the performance-based calculation method. The names have changed a little. Lots of abbreviations. These abbreviations will require some puzzle practice. (DD-1,2.. DTH, DTS, BKS, KK, KH, GO, BYS, DGT, ŞGDT .....) So what is this? I think they could add them too. , ABS, ASR, EBD, ESP, MSR, HLA, IPS, CDI, TDI, 4X4, 2.0, 1.6IE :) I haven't been able to write for two days. I was going to mention the height factor in the new regulation. You entered the thread before me. Of course, the subject naturally started to shift towards the programmatic side. I think it is right to move a little more towards the regulation side.

Re: The New Earthquake Regulation 2018 has been published In the draft version of the new regulation, Sd1 was calculated while enlarging it with the fault proximity coefficient, if necessary. They have removed this factor in the official regulation.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 published 16C 1.2. - If the foundation is shallow, the dynamic structure-soil interaction for building type structures on relatively soft soils generally affects the building favorably and reduces the equivalent seismic loads caused by seismic waves passing from the ground to the building. Due to the preference to stay on the safe side, the structure-ground interaction can therefore be neglected in buildings with shallow foundations (including buildings with basements). In other words, Soil Structure Interaction (ZYE) Soil Structure Interaction (SSI) in the literature and Superstructure interactive solution in IdeStatik; Although there are tens of parameters and results that it affects, our NEW REGULATION CANNOT BE NEGLECTED for superficial foundations, considering only the decrease in earthquake load due to the increase effect of the building period. When I saw this substance in draft form, my blood jumped to my brain. Unfortunately, I don't know what reason it serves in the final regulation, they put this article. The title of my doctoral thesis is "RESEARCHING THE EFFECT OF FLOOR PARAMETERS ON THE ANALYSIS RESULTS OF MULTI-STOREY BUILDINGS" and I have an article on this subject that I am waiting for to be published. I hope to share it on the site as soon as it is published. The solution with ZYE should have been mandatory especially in ZC-ZD-ZE floor groups. Although the regulation says it can be neglected, it is a method that should be especially preferred.

About the 2019 earthquake regulation Is there a plan program for idecad on how ide 7 and ide 8 users will update the 2019 earthquake regulation? Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 has been published IdeCAD Static 9 Version Screenshots of New Earthquake Code 2018 Added. ideCAD Static 9 Version is planned to be released by the end of 2018. A demo version will be prepared shortly after the program is made available.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 It will be nice to see Moment curvature graphs according to strain calculation and Pushover again after Ide 5.511...

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018
"recepekmekci":38dzy5xl" said:
1-As it is known, on afadin's website(
) response spectrums are now created according to soil class-earthquake level-and coordinates.Are we going to analyze by importing the points in the horizontal and vertical spectrum here into an idea? 2-Will the design in the time domain be idecad[] /quote] The values you get from the map will be entered in the program. You will not import the points, the spectrum curves will be created automatically. The calculation in the time history field is already available in version 8.62. Additionally, the possibility of scaling the acceleration record has been added for version 9.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018
"Ismail Hakki Feeds":3135sfeo" said:
The calculation in the time history already exists in version 8.62. Additionally, the possibility of scaling the acceleration record has been added for version 9. [quote ="recepekmekci":3135sfeo"]1-As it is known, on the site of afad (
) there is no ground anymore. Response spectrums are created according to class-earthquake level-and coordinates. Are we going to analyze the points in the horizontal and vertical spectrum here by importing them into the idea? 2-Will the design in time history be idecad
[/quote] I think he wanted to ask about nonlinear analysis. It will be in version 9. In this title, İsmail Bey explained in detail.

Back