Turkey Building Earthquake Regulation 2018

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 The new earthquake code is in Table 4.4. In the application of the equivalent earthquake load method, as the earthquake hazard class decreases, the permissible building heights have decreased, does anyone have any comments on the strangeness?

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018
"2nmuhendislik":grwmitio" said:
New earthquake regulation Table 4.4 In the application of the Equivalent earthquake load method, as the earthquake hazard class decreases, the allowed building heights have also decreased, with an interpretation of strangeness Is there any?
As the earthquake design class (DTS) increases in number, it represents the region with less earthquake hazard. That is, the most dangerous region is the one with DTS=1. Indeed, in the column of DTS: 1 and 2 in Table 4.4, it is higher. It was allowed to calculate the building with the Equivalent Earthquake Load method. İsmail Bey took part in the committee, he explains it to us. I think there is a typo or we are misinterpreting it.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
By the way, logins to Turkey Earthquake Hazard Maps Interactive Web Application have been made mandatory with e-government and registration has been made. to get under.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 It does not allow for higher structures. It allows structures with Hn <= 42 m in both groups. In irregular structures, this height is limited to Hn<= 28 m.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018
"Ismail Hakki Besler":p1dsey2b" said:
Doesn't allow for higher structures. It allows structures with Hn <= 42 m in both groups. This height for irregular structures It is limited to 28 m.
Hello Mr. Ismail, Isn't it wrong to write BYS=> 4 in the first column of the first row in Table 4.4 and BYS=>5 in the second column?

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 BYS=> 4 ---- BYS 4-5-6-7-8 Buildings lower than 42m (buildings without torsion and soft storey irregularity) BYS=>5 - ---- BYS 5-6-7-8 Buildings lower than 28m (torsion and soft storey irregularity can also be found). It's perfectly normal.

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 Also, Prof. While watching Nuray Aydınoğlu's presentation, the DTS painting caught my attention. I guess they changed the table at the last moment to stay on the safer side...

"MaFiAMaX":h6zwhnl6" said:
Hello Mr. Ismail, Is it not wrong to write BYS=> 4 in the first column of the first row in Table 4.4 and BYS=>5 in the second column? ?
The statement written in the regulation is not wrong. It is a normal situation. The equivalent earthquake load method gives far-reaching results as the building height increases and if there are irregularities in the structure. Therefore, the restrictions for this calculation method are given depending on the building height and the building irregularity. But instead of BYS, Hn If he did, there would be no confusion.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 Let me explain more clearly, according to the first line of the table, "DTS=1, 1a, 2 , 2a", that is, in the regions under the influence of larger earthquake loads, the allowable storey height will be "BYS > 4", that is, the building height will be less than 42 meters according to table 3.3. On the other hand, in the case of "DTS = 3, 3a, 4, 4a" allowable floor height "BYS > 5", that is, the building height will be less than 42 meters according to table 3.3.

"siromar":2tec8ri8" said:
BYS=> 4 ---- BYS 4-5-6-7-8 Buildings lower than 42m (torsion and soft Buildings without floor irregularities) BYS=>5 ----- BYS 5-6-7-8 Buildings lower than 28m (torsion and soft story irregularity can also be found) In short, if there is no torsion and soft story irregularity, the equivalent earthquake load is on a higher floor. It's a perfectly normal situation.
Hello Mr. Ömer, What me and 2nmuhendislik are comparing is not the BYS limit for regular and non-regular buildings.The question we asked is why is it written BYS=>4 in the first row and first column of Table 4.4? The first line was BYS=>5 in the second column
But I and 2nmuhendislik we made the following mistake, the definition of BMS is made separately for DTS=1, 2, and separately for DTS=3, 4. So, as seen in Table 3.3, DTS=1 means BYS=4 for 2 <Hn<42 m,
DTS=3, 4 için BYS=5 demek de 28<Hn<42 m

Sonuç olarak, DTS sınıfları için ortak bir BYS tanımı olmadığı için kafamız karıştı. İsmail Bey'in dediği gibi direkt Hn yazsalar daha az kafa karışıklığına yol açardı.

&quot;MaFiAMaX&quot;:7uu3vbvl&quot; said:
Hi Mr. Ismail, Isn&#39;t it wrong to write BYS=&gt; 4 in the first column of the first row in Table 4.4 and BYS=&gt;5 in the second column? ?
I made a comparison of irregularity because it was called the Second Column. You made a comparison in the line. Ismail Bey&#39;s answer was also explanatory.

When will IDE STATIC 9.xx version be available Is there any progress on the release of İdecad version 9.xx? It was previously informed that the new Earthquake regulation will be published before it comes into force. Can you give a clearer date on this? Wishing you good work, Sefa Bozdağ Civil Eng.

Re: When will IDE STATIC 9.xx version be available
&quot;S.Bozdağ&quot;:1qjl8giu&quot; said:
Is there any progress on the release of İdecad version 9.xx? We are planning to publish the 9.xx version before the 2018 Regulation of Sefa Bozdağ İnş.Eng
comes into force.

Re: New Earthquake Code 2018 Some of the innovations brought by the ideCAD Static Program, which will be published soon, in terms of the 2108 Earthquake Code are explained in the relevant documents. The most important innovation will be the Release of Version 10 while you wait for version 9. We made so many important changes that we couldn&#39;t bear to say 9 Version. The name of the program you know; ideCAD Static IDS v10 ideCAD Static IDS v10 2018 Earthquake Code Compliance All Sections:

Re: New Earthquake Regulation 2018 Hello friends; The communiqué on &quot;Design Oversight and Control&quot;, which is mandatory for structures falling under Article 1.3 of the Turkish building earthquake code 2018, has been published. I would appreciate it if you would share your opinions and suggestions about the content and implementation practice of this paper. good work, best regards..

&quot;Mirza&quot;:38mzv2l0&quot; said:
Hello friends; The communiqué on &quot;Design Supervision and Control&quot;, which is mandatory for structures within the scope of Article 1.3 of Turkey building earthquake code 2018, has been published. I would appreciate it if you would share your views and suggestions about the content and implementation practice of this communique. Good work, regards..
[ /quote] Thank you. Let&#39;s check it out.

Back