Advice about the project

Hello friends, There are problems that I could not solve in my project, although my raft foundation is 60 cm, I could not stay on the safe side in a b + z + 3 storey building. Also, since I solved it with the edge of the floor on the floor in front of the elevator, my floor does not save, I am not sure if a beam can be made at the elevator mouth. I have L-shaped stairs in the shop sections of the basement and ground floors, I only used beams to meet the flooring conditions on these floors, I am not sure about their suitability, in short, I would appreciate if you could provide valuable solutions and suggestions.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Dear e.zrl I looked at your project. It seemed like an easy project to solve. With a few adjustments, the result was achieved. Respectively: - Make a beam in front of the elevator. Behind it you should also make a beam on the side of the ladder. A wall will be built here, so you may have to press the wall onto the ladder. On the other hand, the P3 curtain will be included in the system in the y direction, even with a stud beam. - Let's come to your floor in front of the elevator (D11); Since the Y direction of this slab coincides with the slab edge, the program sees it as a console slab in automatic definition. First of all (if you are not going to make beams), you can shift the reinforced concrete calculation axis or transform it into a flat + pile shape with the reinforced concrete calculation axis edit. - You have entered slab loads of 0.500 on all floors. I don't know if this value is suitable for use. Maybe it can be like this on the lower floors (Bodrum, Ground etc.). If this is not the case on other floors, check the loads. You have also entered the thickness of the entire floor as 15 cm. Accordingly, the self-loads and the mass of the building will increase. This will cause you to achieve challenging results. (like earthquake effect, basically stapling etc.) - Again, if not necessary, you can lower the live loads on the attic and remove the wall loads on the beams. The ground tension value is already very low, I think there is no point in loading the building unnecessarily in such a case. -I'd like to make one final criticism. Most of the columns look in the same direction. If it were me, I'd be surprised. Especially the ones on the same axle. When you do it this way, you won't have any problems, including the foundation. In general, sending projects is not my preferred method, but I am sending you your project as an attachment. Good work. N. YILMAZ Note: I think your reason for entering the P1 object as a curtain, even though it is in the size of a column, is reserved for you.

Hello Mr. Nedim, Mr. e.zrl asked this question in two places. I wrote comments on this question yesterday. We both pointed out the same problems. There is only one difference, the ground stress does not save. When we change the Base-ground options of the project in the link you uploaded; 16.73>10 G+Q-EY2 Loading does not recover ground safety. About this problem, I wrote a statement yesterday on Mr. e.zrl. Unver ÖZCAN

"unver":2jsal43u" said:
Hi Nedim, Mr. e.zrl asked this question in two places. I wrote explanations to this question yesterday. We both pointed out the same problems. There is only one difference, the ground tension does not save. When we change the floor options; 16.73>10 G+Q-EY2 Installing does not save the floor safety. I wrote a statement about this problem with Sn e.zrl yesterday. I just saw your message. I didn't change any of the parameters in the file that the user sent in that link. Because I don't know what he marked and why. From what you said, I understand that there are two different projects. Anyway, our friend has received the necessary warnings, insha'Allah. N. YILMAZ

Mr. NYILMAZ and Mr. Ünver ÖZCAN Since it is a project that I have to complete in a limited time, I have searched for a solution more than once. With the support of you, my dear colleagues, I have overcome many problems, but unfortunately, due to a decision taken by the municipality (ground emn.ger.=10t). A value more than /m2 cannot be entered) I still have difficulties in terms of approval of the project. The basement is completely buried in the ground. I used 'stores: 0.5 tf/m2' as a live load on all floors and beams and the foundation, since the first floor is a shop and the last two floors are a building that will be used as an office and there is a possibility of adding another floor (I would be glad if confirmed) and 12 floors on the floors I defined all floors as 15 cm, thinking that it would be easier in practice because it did not save cm, which is a problem as I understand that these inputs increase the weight of the structure and exceed the already very low safety stress. Upon the suggestion of Mr. Ünver ÖZCAN, I met with a geological engineer friend, and the municipality also added to their reports. He said that they intervened and did not accept a ground survey result different from the value I mentioned above. Now I will present a project within the information I obtained as a result of your recommendations, but I will inform that the building cannot allow another floor at these ground values. Thanks again for your comments and suggestions.

Hello, I would like to receive your opinions and suggestions for the design of a single-storey reinforced concrete structure. I got the error that the number of modes is insufficient in dynamic analysis. Thanks in advance

"e.zrl":372oir0p" said:
hello, I would like to get your opinions and suggestions for a single-storey reinforced concrete structure design. I got the error that the number of modes is insufficient in the dynamic analysis. Thanks in advance
You have defined a 2nd floor without floor.The data entry you made is not wrong, but since your building has an unfloored floor, more modes are required to provide the required mass ratio in the Eigen vectors method.Instead of defining the basement walls in this way, enter the height of the ground floor as 290+80=370. Define your basement curtains by giving the upper level -290 cm in the curtain settings on the ground floor. Define the continuous foundations on the ground floor. Delete the basement floor. This way, you define the building as 1 floor instead of 2 floors. You can review the following link for the definition of basement curtain:

"HakanŞahin":p4lmeqfm" said:
"e.zrl":p4lmeqfm" said:
hi, I would like to get your opinions and suggestions for the design of a single-storey reinforced concrete structure. I got an insufficient number of modes error in dynamic analysis. Thanks in advance
Hello, you have defined a second floor with 80 cm height without floor to define the basement curtains. The data entry you made is not wrong, but since your structure has an unfloored floor, in the Eigen vectors method, more modes are required to provide the required mass ratio. (Eigen 36 mod required instead of Eigen 18 mod given in the mod analysis, 3 mods for ritz is sufficient.) Instead of defining the basement curtains in this way, enter the ground floor height of 290+80=370. Define your basement curtains by giving the upper level -290 cm in the curtain settings on the ground floor. Define continuous foundations on the ground floor as well. Wipe the basement. In this way, you define the building as 1 floor instead of 2 floors. After the analysis, 90% mass can be achieved in eigen 3 mode. You can check the following link for the definition of sub-basement curtain:
Hello, First of all, thank you for your advice, as you suggested. I changed the floor settings, but the number of mods continued to give an insufficient error. I would appreciate it if you could review and return. Good work

"e.zrl":10l1ugdf" said:
Hi, First of all, thank you for your advice, I changed the floor settings as you suggested, but the number of mods continued to give an insufficient error. I would appreciate it if you could review and return. Good work
Your project is fine. 14 mods are enough. You can solve with Ritz. Good work

Hello kübrakprl My suggestions; --Remove the errors in the geometry control, --Remove the live loads on the beams, --Remove the wall loads on the attic floor, reduce the live loads, --There is no raft foundation under the curtains in front of the building, enlarge the raft foundation, --Make a semi-rigid diaphragm solution by supporting the ladder, - -Remove the beams on the basement walls, -There is a problem of vertical continuity in the columns (there is a S29 column at one end with the P36 curtain under the K38 beam under the S32 column in the 1st basement floor under the ground floor) The S32 column should continue on the 1st basement floor. Curtains should be attached to the ends of the columns in the same way as the beams on the upper floor. Columns like this should also be corrected, -- If it doesn't save when you calculate, you can increase the concrete value and the number of modes if necessary, -- The ground value marked as ground group A can be increased by 50%, -- You don't need to take the stairs to the roof, -- We recommend that you support the stairs to the very large mezzanine landing. Thank you, --After these are done, fix the B errors in the columns. Unver ÖZCAN

Suggestion about torsion and project in the first mode. Hello, In the attached analysis model of the project, the building behavior in the first mode shows a tendency to torsion. Although the column layout is symmetrical, the gallery space in the middle of the building causes torsion. Although there are no curtains in the architecture, I added the curtains in the model. I can't put curtains towards the outer corners of the building. Another question I have is the columns and beams in the corners. Frankly, it was a design that I did not like very much, but I do not have the opportunity to pass the beams through the middle of the rooms. I can make the flooring gear, but this time the amount of net volume required in the dormitory regulations is decreasing. What solution would it make sense for me to implement? Thank you very much in advance for your help. good work. (FULLY RIGID ANALYSIS MADE TO MINIMIZE THE FILE SIZE) WETRANSFER LINK:
(SET IN SEMI-RIGID ANALYSIS) )

Re: Suggestion about torsion and project in the first mode. Hello My Suggestions, --Solve the building as a slab without beams (if you have taken 17 cm of slab thickness, you can increase it a little more.) Don't forget the linear wall loads. -- Curtain at least 1% of the building construction area on both sides of the building construction area with IO and CF axes, (You can contact the architect if there is an architectural change.) -- External axes can be columns, -- You can reduce the live loads on the attic floor, remove the wall loads, -- Stairs there is no need to take it to the attic, -- Solve it together with the building by supporting the stairs, -- Tick the TS498 live load reduction tick, -- You can basically increase the ground tension by 50%, -- In this solution, if you make eaves on the attic floor, stapling on corner columns may not cause much trouble, 1 and check the stapling carefully on the corner columns on the ground floor. Unver ÖZCAN

Friends, I am waiting for your advice about the project I have prepared, I would appreciate it if you could examine it and tell me your suggestions. Thank you (I wanted to solve it as a singular foundation, but since it did not save even at 60 cm depth, I always turned to the foundation, I constantly question the accuracy of the solution with tie beams on the foundation, I would be glad if you help.)

Hello Mr. e.zrl -- Remove the stiffness of the 1st basement floor from the floor general settings. -- If you are not going to use the 1st basement floor of 150 cm, you can turn the basement curtain outside the building. Unver ÖZCAN

Re: Suggestion about torsion and project in the first mode.
"unver":taobpb4g" said:
Hi Suggestions, --Solve the building as a beamless slab (if you have 17 cm of slab thickness, you can increase it a little more.) linear Don't forget the wall loads -- Curtain the IO and CF axes with at least 1% of the building construction area in both directions, (You can contact the architect if there is an architectural change.) -- External axes can be columns, -- You can reduce the live loads on the attic floor and remove the wall loads , -- No need to take the stairs to the attic, -- Fix the stairs together with the building by supporting them, -- Tick the TS498 live load reduction tick, -- You can basically increase the ground tension by 50%, -- In this solution, if you make eaves in the attic floor, stapling on corner columns is not a problem. may not remove it, check the stapling carefully on the corner columns on the 1st and ground floor. Ünver ÖZCAN
Thank you for your answer. The purpose of use of the building will be a dormitory. The dormitory regulation also includes the number of students who will stay. They look at the volume when determining the ., so they do not want the net height to decrease. When the architecture first came, there was no curtain, and I placed the one, I am aware that the amount of curtains is low, but the architecture does not allow much. I understand that there is no problem with the columns and beams in the 4 corners of the building, is it true? Finally, an elevator will be placed in the gallery space and there will be curtains on both sides. But this curtain has no connection with the building. Should I solve it separately or should I solve it together with the building?

"unver":gx9146vf" said:
Hi Sn e.zrl --Remove the rigidity of the 1st basement floor from the floor general settings --If you are not going to use the 150 cm 1st basement floor, you can turn the basement curtain outside the building. Ünver ÖZCAN
Thank you for your interest, unver, I wish you good work.

Back