I am getting Relative Floor offset error.

afrasiyab45

Hello, In my attached project, there are very large relative floor drift errors for a single structure. Although the structure to be built with prefabricated elements is light in essence, is the reason why 100x100x10mm columns are insufficient because I made a modeling mistake? Thank you for your help. Good work.

There are no cross members to provide lateral rigidity in your project, it is normal that it does not meet the relative story drift condition.

Hello there; First of all, your project does not have horizontal braces and stability beams that will ensure the stability of the structure. We recommend that you examine the Deformations before coming to the relative offset. Each switch works independently of each other and with a period of 5 seconds, this value is not an expected period in such structures. Naturally, both your internal forces and displacements are excessive under an earthquake. Please model the first and last section on the side axles with both roof and vertical braces in accordance with the central braced system, by inserting articulated joints into the side axle beams. Good work.

Back