External Load Definition for Columns, Panels and Beams

Emrah YILDIZ

Programs: ideCAD Static Version: 7.xx, 8.xx Topic: Defining External Loads on Columns, Panels and Beams 1- Defining External Loads on Columns 2- Defining External Loads on Beams 3- Defining External Loads on Panels 4- Changing and Deleting Loads Defined to Elements 5 - Examination of Added Loads from 3D Frame 6- Analysis of Added Loads from Reports 1- External Load Definition for Columns a) Point load definition -> Point load Select the column you want to define from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the column. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Point Load line from the submenu. -> Point Element Loads dialog will appear. -> Enter the size of the load in the Value field. -> In the Distance field, enter the distance of the load from the lower end of your column. -> Enter the description and loading status of the load. -> Enter the load type, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value (F): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance (L): Give the distance value relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance (R): Give the distance value according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Type: Check the defined load momentse moment, force if force option. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2, 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. b) Defining evenly distributed load -> Select the column for which you want to define a uniformly distributed load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the column. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Uniformly Distributed Load line from the submenu. -> Uniformly Distributed Load dialog will appear. -> Enter the size of the load in the Value field. -> In the Left distance and Right distance boxes, enter the starting distances of the load to the lower and upper ends of your column. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the loading state, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value (F): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance (L): Give the distance value relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance (R): Give the distance value according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. c) Define trapezoidal load -> Select the column you want to define trapezoidal load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the column. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Trapezoidal Load line from the submenu. -> General Trapezoidal Element Loads dialog will appear. -> In the load type box, tick the option that is suitable for the geometry of your load. -> Write down the load values and distances in the boxes that are active according to the option you have chosen. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the loading state, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value 1, Value 2, Value 3, Value 4, (V1, V2, V3, V4): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance 1, Left distance 2 (L1, L2 ): Give the distance values relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance 1, Right distance 2 (R): Give the distance values according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2, 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. 2- Defining External Load to Beams a) Defining point load -> Select the beam you want to define point load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the beam. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Point Load line from the submenu. -> Point Element Loads dialog will appear. -> Enter the size of the load in the Value field. -> In the Distance field, enter the distance of your load from the lower end of your column. -> Enter the description and loading status of the load. -> Enter the load type, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value (F): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance (L): Give the distance value relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance (R): Give the distance value according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Type: Check the defined load momentse moment, force if force option. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2, 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. b) Define uniform load -> Select the beam for which you want to define uniformly distributed load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the beam. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Uniformly Distributed Load line from the submenu. -> Uniformly Distributed Load dialog will appear. -> Enter the size of the load in the Value field. -> In the Solo distance and Right distance boxes, enter the starting distances of the load to the lower and upper ends of your column. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the loading state, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value (F): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance (L): Give the distance value relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance (R): Give the distance value according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. c) Trapezoidal load definition -> Select the beam you want to define trapezoidal load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the beam. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Trapezoidal Load line from the submenu. -> General Trapezoidal Element Loads dialog will appear. -> In the load type box, tick the option that is suitable for the geometry of your load. -> Write down the load values and distances in the boxes that are active according to the option you have chosen. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the loading state, coordinate system and direction. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value 1, Value 2, Value 3, Value 4, (V1, V2, V3, V4): Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left distance 1, Left distance 2 (L1, L2 ): Give the distance values relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. Right distance 1, Right distance 2 (R): Give the distance values according to the upper end for vertical elements and the right end for horizontal elements. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. Coordinate system: Specify whether the entered load values are relative to the element local axes or to the global axes. Direction: Provide information in which direction the load is valid. It shows the direction of the load relative to the 1, 2, 3 local coordinate axes, according to the X, Y, Z global coordinate system. G indicates that this load is a constant (vertical) load. 3- Defining External Load to Panels a) Defining vertical load -> Model your panels as shell elements. -> Select the panel you want to define vertical load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the panel. -> Go to the Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Panel Vertical Load line from the submenu. -> Panel Vertical Load dialog will appear. -> In the load type box, tick the option that is suitable for the geometry of your load. -> Write down the load values and distances in the boxes that are active according to the option you have chosen. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the installation status. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value 1, Value 2: Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Left offset (L): Give the distance value relative to the element left end. Right distance (R): Give the distance value relative to the element right end. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it.

b) Define horizontal load -> Model your panels as shell elements. -> Select the panel for which you want to define horizontal load from the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the panel. -> Go to Add Load line from the drop-down menu and click the Panel Horizontal Load line from the submenu. -> In the plan window, move your mouse to determine the direction of the horizontal load and press the left mouse button. -> Panel Horizontal Load dialog will appear. -> In the load type box, tick the option that is suitable for the geometry of your load. -> Write down the load values and distances in the boxes that are active according to the option you have chosen. -> Write the description of the load in the description box. -> Select the installation status. Exit the dialog by pressing the -> OK button. Value 1, Value 2: Enter the value of the load in the working unit. Bottom distance (L1): Give the distance value relative to the element bottom end. Top offset (L2): Give the offset value relative to the element top end. Lower elevation (Z1): Initial elevation value of the load. When editing this value, the floor elevations determined in the Floor General Settings should be taken as a basis. Top level (Z2): End level value of the load. When editing this value, the floor elevations determined in the Floor General Settings should be taken as a basis. Description: Write a description of the load you will define. Loading status: Select the loading status from the list where the load you will define will be valid. If the installation status is not defined in the system, the program will ask you to define it. 4- Changing and Deleting the Loads Defined to the Elements In order to change the properties of the entered loads; -> Select the element whose load you want to change from the plan window. -> Click the right mouse button on the element. -> From the drop-down menu, click on the Change Loads line. -> Loads dialog will appear. -> Select the load whose properties you want to change from the list and press the Properties button. -> Load setting dialog will appear. Edit your load here. -> Exit the dialogs by pressing OK. To be able to delete the entered loads; -> Select the element whose load you want to delete from the plan window. -> Click the right mouse button on the element. -> From the drop-down menu, click on the Change Loads line. -> Loads dialog will appear. -> Select the load you want to delete from the list and press the Delete button. -> Exit the dialog by pressing OK. Your load will be deleted. 5- Examination of Added Loads from 3D Frame In order to see the loads you have defined for columns and beams; -> Click the right mouse button in the perspective window. -> Click on the 3D Frame line in the menu that opens. The results display dialog will appear. -> Click the downloads option in the display results dialog. -> Click on the Element Loads User line from the load types. -> Check the option that is suitable for the load you have defined from the installation statuses. -> Your loads will appear on the elements. In order to see the loads defined for the panel elements; -> Click the right mouse button in the perspective window. -> Click on the 3D Frame line in the menu that opens. The results display dialog will appear. -> Click the downloads option in the display results dialog. -> Click on Slab Loads-Shell line from Load Types. -> Check the option that is suitable for the load you have defined from the installation statuses. -> Your loads will appear on the elements. 6- Examination of Added Loads from Reports In order to see the loads you have defined for columns and beams in the reports; -> From the Report menu, click on the Optional Reports line. -> In the Optional Reports dialog, come to the end of the list. Activate the User Defined Element Loads options under the -> Other option. -> Generate the report. At the end of the reports, the information of the loads you have defined will be printed. User loads defined to panel objects in the program cannot be displayed in reports.

Does add load work in idestatic 7 demo? I have followed these steps, but neither the building tree nor the 3d model is visible?

"10lineee":y9z5fcvp" said:
Is idestatic 7 demo also add load working? I have done these steps but neither the building tree nor the 3d model is visible?
Hello, Yes it works.

Hello, Is it possible to give a point load to the curtains? At the moment, I am entering a very small range, but I could not find if I have the opportunity to enter pointwise. Thanks

DUE TO THE STEEL ROOF TO THE COLUMN, I WILL ENTER LOAD G BUT THE DEFINITION OF THE DISTANCE CONTACTED ME. THE COLUMN 50*60 WILL EFFECT IT EXACTLY THERE. I WILL ENTER THE DISTANCE L, THE MIDDLE OF THE COLUMN, 0.25 M. Left distance (L): Give the distance value relative to the lower end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. IN THIS DEFINITION, IT SAYS DISTANCE FROM BOTTOM END. I CANNOT ENTER HORIZONTAL LOADS, I WANT TO ENTER VERTICAL LOADS. HOW DO I DO IT?

"@HRS0571":5aa07jol" said:
I WILL LOAD G DUE TO THE COLUMN DUE TO THE STEEL ROOF BUT I MADE THE DEFINITION OF DISTANCE I MADE IT MADE. COLUMN 50*60 WILL IMPACT THERE. I WILL GET THE DISTANCE L TO THE MIDDLE OF THE COLUMN (LEFT GATE: 0.25 M). Give the distance value relative to the bottom end for vertical elements and the left end for horizontal elements. IT SAYS DISTANCE TO THE BOTTOM END. I CANNOT ENTER HORIZONTAL LOADS. I WANT TO ENTER VERTICAL LOAD. HOW DO I DO?

hello. I have a question. We define dead and live loads on floors. I wonder why there is a live load on the beams. There is a live load coming from the floor anyway. but I did not understand the moving load logic. I would appreciate it if you explain it.

Hello there; If you define the dead load on the beam as much as on the slab when there is no wall, you should also define the live load on the slab as there is no wall on the beam. Best regards. Sent via iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to see the loads defined for the panel elements; -> Click the right mouse button in the perspective window. -> Click on the 3D Frame line in the menu that opens. The results display dialog will appear. -> Click the downloads option in the display results dialog. -> Click on Floor Loads-Shell line from Load Types. -> Check the option that is suitable for the load you have defined from the installation statuses. -> Your loads will appear on the elements. I CANNOT COUNT ON THE 3D FRAME LINE IN THE MENU BY CLICKING THE RIGHT CLICK ON THE PERSPECTIVE WINDOW. CAN I SEE LOADS DEFINED TO THE PANEL FROM A DIFFERENT WAY?

"seductive":2rfn3hqe" said:
I CANNOT COUNT ON THE 3D FRAME LINE IN THE MENU BY CLICKING THE RIGHT CLICK ON THE PERSPECTIVE WINDOW. CAN I SEE THE LOADS DEFINED TO THE PANEL FROM A DIFFERENT WAY?
Your question has been answered in this topic. .idecadsupport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=36960#p9544[/url]

Back