Today is 17 AUGUST .......

NYILMAZ

Today is 17 AUGUST ....... One of the important turning points in the history of Turkish engineering. We have experienced many things and seen many developments since that dark day, but we have not neglected to bury many things in our memories. I would like to open a topic about the truths experienced after this process and the nonsense that is still being made. I would also like to exchange ideas with a self-criticism and evaluations. For example, building inspection came in 19 provinces, was it successful or did we manage to get the water out of it too? What are the pros and cons of the building inspection, which will be applied to all provinces after the New Year? Do we still use the cow-sausage method in project design? What stage are we at in engineering education? etc. I will have friends who want to add more. I wish that 17 AUGUST will not happen again like that day, first of all, I wish mercy to those who died and a life completely freed from the trauma of that day. I extend my love to all my fellow engineers and architects.

Back