strong colon

meryemakdil

How can I control the strong column and weak beam combinations of steel columns and beams in the projects I have worked with in İdecad steel? I couldn't find it in the report sections, can you help? I am getting unsupported beam error in geometric control, at the same time I am getting relative floor drift error on steel roof connected with columns on reinforced concrete column, can you help me?
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hello there; In the analysis and design tab, the outer frame elements should be selected from the moment-transmitting frame part so that strong column control can be performed. However, in multi-storey buildings, there is no need to control the top floor columns as per the regulation. You will see this in the report as well. Already, your steel elements are not connected to another steel element at the bottom. Putting that aside, most of your steel columns are not connected to reinforced concrete columns either. Since it is on the floor, the program will not be able to find any vertical carrier system element (column or curtain) on the lower floor to perform this control. However, since the definition was made on the top floor, you can read the relevant explanation in the report. For the relative displacement, a suitable carrier system should be created in both directions in order to ensure the load flow and stability in the system. It would be appropriate to place the roof cross on the middle axis and to enlarge the column sections. This arrangement has been made in your project. However, there are deficiencies in your reinforced concrete, please consider the warnings and solve them.

"nurgulkaya":3j17xz2o" said:
Hi; In the Analysis and Design tab, the outer frame elements must be selected from the moment-transmitting frame section so that strong column control can be performed. However, in multi-storey structures, there is no need to control the top floor columns as required by the regulation. You will see this in the report. .Your steel elements are not connected to another steel element at the bottom anyway. Putting that aside, most of your steel columns are not connected to reinforced concrete columns either. Since they are on the floor, the program will not be able to find any vertical structural system element (column or curtain) on the lower floor to make this check. Since it is the top floor, you can read the relevant explanation in the report. For the relative displacement, a suitable carrier system should be created in both directions in order to ensure the load flow and stability in the system. It would be appropriate to place the roof cross on the middle axis and enlarge the column sections. This arrangement was made in your project. However, your reinforced concrete is also sufficient. There are some of you, please solve the warnings by taking into account.
Ms. Nurgül, please don't share the project, I wonder if we can remove it, thank you for your interest :)

"nurgulkaya":10hl0725" said:
Hi; In the Analysis and Design tab, the outer frame elements must be selected from the moment-transmitting frame section so that strong column control can be made. However, in multi-storey structures, there is no need to control the top floor columns as required by the regulation. You will see this in the report. .Your steel elements are not connected to another steel element at the bottom anyway. Putting that aside, most of your steel columns are not connected to reinforced concrete columns either. Since they are on the floor, the program will not be able to find any vertical structural system element (column or curtain) on the lower floor to make this check. Since it is the top floor, you can read the relevant explanation in the report. For the relative displacement, a suitable carrier system should be created in both directions in order to ensure the load flow and stability in the system. It would be appropriate to place the roof cross on the middle axis and enlarge the column sections. This arrangement was made in your project. However, your reinforced concrete is also sufficient. There are some of you, please solve the warnings by taking into account.
Ms. Nurgül, if I only have horizontal crosses between the beams on the roof, if I do not have crosses in the x and y directions between the columns in the vertical direction, would it be correct to take the R coefficient as 8 in the x and y direction?

Back