Steel Column Pmm Ratios

gunay.17

Hello first of all; I have a steel roof project, I am trying to find the most economical sections. I got a pmm error in the middle columns in my project. When I clicked on the column details, you saw that the moments in the minor direction were excessive. In the major direction, there is almost no moment. I also turned the direction of my columns, this time the pl20 column on the side was forced. 1- Is there a way to solve without enlarging the section? 2-Are the sections I used normal for a project of this size? 3- Could the issue I mentioned above be caused by modelling? Project
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hello there; You have not entered vertical diagonals in one direction, when they are added the problem does not appear.

Thanks. I have one more question. When I define a steel cross on the roof and then define the purlins, the junction of the braces disappears and gives a collision error. What is the reason?

Hello there; A programmatic situation that occurs in some projects, select all crosses before analysis, enter their properties, say OK and exit. Analyze immediately afterwards. The situation will improve in future versions. Good work.

Back