steel beam level

MustafaAkın20

Hello, there are two parking lot designs attached. I ran into a problem like this. When all the beams are at the same level, there is no problem, but when I lower the beams on the middle axle and rear axle by 3 cm, an axial force of 55 tons occurs. structure + coating + snow load (without reduction) total load is approximately 10 tons and there are 6 columns. There is something strange. I encountered such a problem when I played the beam level from the node point. Where does the problem come from? Note: I encounter the same axial load (55 tons) when I do not put the coating.

Hello there; First of all, we recommend that you model with metal flooring in the flooring command, not with the coating. At the entrance of the coating, the program automatically calculates and applies the wind loads according to TS 498. If you created this on purpose, all the beams must be at the same level so that the load from the cladding is distributed over all the beams. Otherwise, the load goes only to the beams it contacts, which causes you to see 0 values in some of the load distributions and high values in others. Our recommendation is to use the model where all beams are at the same level. In this model, you create a closed polygon by selecting the polygonal coating when entering the coating, assigning the top cap of a main beam on the side axis as the surface, and selecting the beams on all side axes. After defining the coating in this way, analyze it.

Hello again, Ms. Nurgül, yes I made a coating on purpose. The problem is that even without the coating, I was faced with the 55 tons of axial load I mentioned. So when I give jeans to the beam, something strange happens. In the project where the beam I sent is 3 cm below, when you remove the coating and analyze it, you will see the column in the left corner pmm 0.64 (and the axial load 55 tons). I don't understand the logic here. Can we solve the beams at the same level in the program (perhaps the 3 cm denim we gave may be experiencing the knot point confusion) and apply that 3 cm in practice?

When 3 cm is taken down in the program, links are thrown for glitches due to calculation with finite elements. In some cases, there may be excessive force jumps caused by links at short depth differences in this way, this is a side effect of the finite element logic and needs to be corrected in the program depending on the situation. Some cases have also been corrected for years. In summary, in fact, there is no such load or force jump in the assembly 3 cm below. If you look at the cross-section effects in detail, you will see these jumps in a very short length, so you were told to design all in line as a solution. It can be taken down 3 cm on the field. You can install drawing and design models separately.

Hello there; Being 3 cm down can cause problems in some cases, but in your project, the problem is not having a beam down. You have activated the phased construction account in the analysis settings. Progressive construction calculations are not made for steel. When this setting is turned off, there is no problem in post-analysis forces. Remove the tick in the phased construction calculation and analyze it again.

Yes, it's fixed now. It remained selected because I continued from the reinforced concrete template. We learned something else. Thanks.

Back