Stair reinforcement diameter

fathhh

Selamun aleykum. regarding stair reinforcement diameters in reinforced concrete buildings, min. is there any value? I know it as Ø12 but I couldn't find anything confirming this in the regulations. When we use Ø8 in the program, it does not give an error, what is the min. reinforcement diameter? Thank you in advance.

Since there is no statement under the stair reinforcement diameter in the regulation, do you consider it as flooring and say that Ø8 can be used?

There is no section opened under the name of "stairs" in ts500 and tdy. there is no such element definition. but stairs are like flooring in terms of static loading. Stairs are subject to live load effect classification together with flooring and other coating types in table 7 in ts498. In terms of support conditions, stairs transfer loads to the building element to which they are attached, such as flooring. therefore, stairs can be said to be a kind of flooring in character.

but still wouldn't it be more attractive to use 10 or 12 to stay on the safe side instead of 8? Thank you for the information you provided.

Staying in the safe direction is every engineer's own choice. however, the excess reinforcement in the section also determines the type of fracture. it should also be taken into account. regulations set minimum/boundary conditions. I also use at least 12 or 14 reinforcements in a single arm ladder.

Think of the stairs as the weakest point of the structure and the kamikazes of the system together with the curtains, so do not raise the reinforcement too much. Let the stairs and curtains do their job when there is an external load. As Mhanifiata says, use 12 gauge 14 gauge for single arm, but use 10 gauge bar for double arm.

Putting a 12-gauge iron in a maximum of 20 will leave you on the safe side. Although the drawing gives you reinforcements on the spiral staircases in the library, I recommend you to check the moments. Seeing the stairs as a console rather than a floor can help solve the problem. good work

Back