simple beam solution

mkablama

When we select the free top column from the change settings, does it accept the nodal points at the top ends of the columns as hinges... I designed a simple system, I designed two columns and one beam, I made the tops of the columns free. I also defined support for the upper joint points. One side is sliding and the other side is fixed. Then, when I look at the moment diagram of the beam, it still solves it as built-in. So normally, it should be ql2/8 in the middle of the support, but I guess it takes ql2/12 support values for the ql2/24 span. So when we change the translation and rotations as in sap 2000, the support states are accordingly moment can't we change the diagrams..or do they only work for the translation and deflection values in idecad ... good work ....

The -Top Free Column- command is used in version 5 to make the displacements of the nodal points of the columns without slab and beam connected independent from the floor displacements. In 6 version, this is done automatically. In order to articulate the beam connected to the column, the spring value for the I and J ends can be defined in the -Partial Stiffness-Tab in the Beam properties.

thank you Mr. Levent ... what I really want to do is can we design cross sections ourselves in idecad; I tried a little bit, I changed the section parameters defined in the static reinforced concrete segment for beams ... what I need is a beam with a table but a beam to be produced with a table as production ... reinforcement in the console part I don't know if it needs it or not, it will be prefabricated, so I asked how I could convert it to a hinged system. When I enter these cross-section properties, the value is very small compared to sap 2000 ... I created the model in sap 2000 and calculated the reinforcement areas. The point that stuck in my mind is: a beam calculation that will be produced as prefabricated in the gymnasium project, the cross section of the beam will be the main beam, its supports will be as in the picture. prefabricated beams will be supported by welding, that is, how can we model it as flooring, with an inverted L-shaped two ends simply supported on the 85 cm front part, which is supported by a 50*20 beam at the back... Thank you in advance..

Back