Relative Floor Shift in Steel Structures

mühmurat

Hello, good day, when I solve a single-storey steel structure system, I get a relative storey drift problem. 1) How is the relative floor drift made in single-storey steel structures? How and why does it calculate the relative storey drift since there is no 2nd floor in a single storey system? Good day to take it easy

Hello there; In multi-storey buildings, the calculation is made from the difference between the upper and lower ends of the vertical load-bearing elements on the relevant floor as the ground floor is calculated. In a single storey building, the relative storey drift is controlled. Place the column layouts of your structure as evenly as possible in both directions. If you create suitable solutions for the structure to be stable, there will be no problem in the relative displacement. If you will not use a wall as a limit value, make the selection in the image.

Hello, I'm getting Relative Floor Shifting problem in the project I've drawn, I can't see any visible problems, but I would be glad if you could help

Hello there; 1- DD-2 earthquake level should be selected for standard industrial type structures. If you did not install it to make a special check as per TBDY 2018, you need to return to DD-2 for the design to be checked. You are currently designing at low earthquake level, it is not suitable. This has been fixed in your model, but enter the location of your project and get the online or offline accelerations from AFAD again. 2- Your project is a moment-transmitting frame, not a center braced in the y direction. 3- The beams in the central braced frame must be hinged, yours transmit moment. You need to enter the properties of these beams and define them from the freedoms sub-tab to form a joint as in the image. 4- If you are not going to use a wall, you should edit the relative offset limit value as a flexible joint. When the above errors are fixed, your project will not encounter any problems. Good work.

Nurgul Hanım, is it a correct placement for the crosses between roof braces and columns to be like this? Shouldn't the placement of the braces in the columns catch both the columns and the beams at the upper ends?

As you said, when we choose the c1.1 shape in the y direction, it should transfer moment under its conditions, but you say that the beams must be hinged.

Your structure is already a frame that transmits moment in one direction and is braced in the other direction. There is no problem with the carrier systems selected in what I said and the model that went to you. The direction you use vertical crosses is the center crossed system. And for this system to work properly, its beams must be articulated. In the other direction, in the direction of your portal beams, that is, the structure is modeled in such a way that it transfers moment, and in this direction, it will naturally transfer moments. Be sure to study about steel structures and carrier systems. For this, you can benefit from our training videos in the links.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and see other videos in the steel tutorial thread on the forum. Apart from that, Prof. You can also benefit from the steel structures book of Erdoğan Uzgider. You also need to study TBDY 2018. Good work.

I have one more question for you, troublesome in this project, the ends of the braces in the central braced system do not hold the ends of the column drawn 50 cm from above and below, will the clearances remaining from the ends of this column cause a different torsion and buckling problem in the eccentricity problem?

Braces - column and beam joint should be centered so that a single joint is formed. In case of a manufacturing-related situation and for the joints to settle easily, some offset can be given, this amount should be adjusted to be as low as possible. You can edit your project accordingly.

Back