R coefficient

berra

Hello, I have a question about the R coefficient. Choosing R=7 doesn't mean choosing a high ductility level in 'buildings where earthquake loads are carried together by frames and shears' according to the regulation? So is it possible to choose R=7 and make a normal ductile solution? Or if a normal ductile solution is to be made, why take R=7 instead of R=4?

"berra":26hnfb31" said:
Hi, I have a question about the coefficient R. Choosing R=7 doesn't mean choosing a high ductility level in 'buildings where seismic loads are carried by frames and shears together' according to the regulation, so R=7 Is it possible to choose a normal ductile solution by choosing a normal ductile solution?Or if a normal ductile solution is to be made, why not R=4 but R=7?
Hello, If the ductility level is high in the Wall-Framed carrier system, the R coefficient is taken as 7. If it is larger, the R coefficient calculated from the formula R=10-4*AlphaS is used. According to the regulation, R=7 cannot be taken in a normal ductile system. It can be taken 4. It is given in TDY 2007 Table 2.5 according to which ductility level the R coefficient will be taken. In addition, TDY regarding the subject Articles 2.5.2.1, 2.5.2.2, 2.5.4 can be examined in 2007. Good work

In a project I examined, a solution was made by taking R=7 and choosing normal ductility. Since this is a violation of the regulation, shouldn't Idecad show it as an error in the report?

In version 7, when Ductility Level Normal is selected in Analysis Settings dialog and R coefficient 7 is entered, a warning is given.

Back