moment-transmitting and non-transferring connections

hello, I'm going to throw the joints in my steel project, but I don't know which ones transfer moment and which do not, I would be glad if you could help me about this issue.

Hello there; 4-bolt connections with butt plate and 8-bolt connections with butt plate, welded and bolted connections with head plate and joint joints transmit moment. Apart from this, the combinations of forehead guse, gusset and ridge also transmit moments. The general philosophy is moment transfer when both the beam head and body are rigidly connected to the column, that's how you can tell the joints. In slip joints, the connection is only from the beam body. For example, single slip plate joint, single and double angle joint, etc. After entering the combination in the program, viewing the perspective screen right-click analysis model - when you activate the element end freedoms, if you see a blue and green ring at the node point, you can understand that there is an articulated connection, and if you do not see any ring, it transfers torque.

Steel Beam Joined to Reinforced Concrete Beam or Reinforced Concrete Curtain Hello. I want to join a steel beam horizontally to a reinforced concrete beam or a reinforced concrete shear or a reinforced concrete column in several places. No matter what I did, I couldn't do it. Is there a type of combination where I can do this in Idecad? How can I do it?

Hello there; You can use the forehead plate with 4-bolt and 8-bolt combinations and the forehead gusset and gusset combinations. If you want to connect a slider, you can use the angle joint. The geoemtric of some of these joints may not be properly formed, intervene in the joint and edit the plate bolt parameters.

Back