Modeling of Joints in ideCAD

Sadi Özsaraç

Hello, I want to check the accuracy of the modeling of steel joints in several different projects I have done, and get ideas. The file I sent has the union that should be and my definition. Do you think this would be defined correctly? Or what combinations should I use? I am sending 2 files for 2 different projects. I would be very happy if you comment. Do I need to make any slack for the right-joining truss in Project 1? I tried to solve it by defining a different column on the column and giving it freedom, is the solution correct? Should I give freedom to the existing honeycomb beam ends for Project 2, if I should, should they be Major2 and Major 3 or should I make a different definition? Also, in these projects, I had to define a combined U-section. After the analysis, I saw that these columns were not analyzed. Is there a way for İdecad to decode these sections? I wish you a good day

Re: Modeling Joints in IdeCad Hello; The freedoms of the scissors are automatically defined. If the column you entered for the connection is connected to one of the scissors, you need to define freedom. You do not need to assign any freedom to the end of the honeycomb beams. The type you use cannot be designed from the combined U-sections as a column. You can do it by using another section with the same cross-sectional area and section properties to make the design.

Back