Lovers Strength and Deflection Control Problem

Sadi Özsaraç

Hello dear colleagues, I just started using idecad. In a factory build, I'm running into problems with Lovers. Roof slope 30%, 16.7 degrees. I chose the cold rolled C profile (25cm high, 9.7cm wide, 3mm thick) as purlin section. It does not save many lovers in terms of strength and deflection. When calculating the deflection manually with the G+ 0.5S combination, or when calculating with a different program, there is no problem with the purlins. For example, when I try the Ipe200 profile with a different program, there is no problem again. But there are still sections that do not save in terms of strength and deflection in İdecad. Could I be wrong in describing lovers? For example, the coefficient K appears to be 2. Shouldn't it be 1 in lover links? I wasn't sure if the program was calculating correctly. I would be glad if you help. I wish you a good day. Since the file size is large, I have uploaded the file to the link below.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hello there; We recommend that you combine the lovers with the join at all intersections command, so that you can benefit from the positive effect of the gerber beam logic. In this way, you can overcome the deflection problem, but you still have trouble for the major direction in strength. These strength values seem normal due to the spans and loads you have passed. Which combination did you use in the manual calculation and did you compare it with the program analysis results? According to the program, you are having problems for 1.2G+1.6S+0.5Q. We recommend using a section of the Sogukhadde profile with a higher body thickness. According to which regulation you are checking in other programs, it is necessary to check whether the project geometry, load and regulation information in the other program is the same. Of course, loads coming from the slope will be affected by the slope. It is not possible for us to tell you why there are two different results without seeing the other program data. In the file below we have combined the purlins in your project and edited the offset distance.

Back