Join conflict error

hkderinoz

good day, I would like to get information about the overlap problem in steel column beam connections, one end is hinge (non-moment-transferring) one end is moment-transmitting, or two ends are moment-bearing connections. Also, does the overlap problem affect the analysis, thank you for your attention.

column-column overlay attachment Good afternoon, is there a joint command that I can use to weld the column-column joint (without additional plate) in the image only (full penetration butt-weld), thank you for your interest, good work.

Hello there; Remove one of the continuity plates from the joints you are using. When beams are attached to the column from both headers, the continuity plates of one of them are used in common. The same solution is valid for overlaps in beams connected from one strong to one weak direction, but you can remove the continuity plate in both directions. You can also use a welded joint for the column.

Re: Joint overlap error good day, the subject I want to learn from you is the support conditions shown in the idecad program and the element end freedoms of these supports. Could you give some information about the differences between the support conditions in the related visuals? Also, what does the Combination D/K ratio in the steel analysis section mean. Is it a similar expression as Pmm (incoming load/withstand ratio in combined effects) Thank you for your interest. Good work.

Hello there; 1- In summary, if you open the design report of the relevant combination to examine in detail, there are many controls specific to the combination type, you can see the control ratios for each account on the far right. 2- It means built-in support. 3- Blue and green rings indicate that the joint is defined in the relevant direction. If you have defined a slip combination, the program creates it automatically. If you have not defined a joint, you can enter the steel beam properties from the freedoms section. 4- It means that there is a fixed, moment-transmitting connection.

Thanks for your answer. 1- As you said, the combination D/C ratio, the demand-capacity ratio, and the combination can be seen for each control in the design report. Is this ratio seen in the analysis section a result of all effects? So is it an average of the checks made in the design report? 2-What is the difference between a fixed joint and a fixed connection? (Force-moment transfer) Thank you for your attention, good work. Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hello there; 1- It is not the average, the largest ratio is written. If there is a deficiency in the combination, see the ratio and correct the joint design. 2- Images at the link
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
will help.

Thanks again for your quick replies, But I guess I didn't express my question well. My question wasn't about static support conditions exactly, idecad prog. were accepted. * In the 2nd image, two intertwined rectangular built-in supports, idecad prog. here it accepts displacements and rotations as 0 (zero). So there are support effects and moment. * 3rd visual fixed joint ie displacement is zero but rotation is free (indicated by arrows in minor-major directions). So there are support effects but the moment is zero. * In the 4th image, the red dot is the fixed connection (torque-transmitting connection), and the rotation is assumed to be zero because it transfers torque here. Moment exists, are there support effects? If I come to my question, with which support condition does idecad accept the situation indicated by the red dot (DN)? If it is a fixed or sliding support, shouldn't it transmit torque? If the built-in support is displayed, is this how the idecad program defines it? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hello there; ***The program accepts the statically explained support conditions in the same way. If we examine it visually, the 2nd image is two interlocking rectangles = built-in support = both moment and support effects, displacements and translations are 0. When you model and analyze this one column and approach the nodal point from the deformations, it gives a value within 6 degrees of freedom on the screen. you can see. It is the third visual movable (sliding) bearing. We are talking about the situation where there are blue green rings in the image. In this support type, the moments are zero. Again, attach a beam to the column and model with a single slip plate connection, for example. You will understand more clearly when you look at the nodal point from the deformations after the analysis. There is no sign in the 4th image, only a red dot. The red dot means the nodal point in the program, and it means a fixed support since there is no other sign around it. Moment is present, displacement is 0, rotation is present. As for your question, the red dot is the fixed support. There is a moment in the fixed support. If you look at the static definitions in the link I sent before, it says there is a moment on the fixed support and shows it on the figure.

Back