Is it possible to create custom sections with ideCAD Static

recepekmekci

Hello, is it possible in idecad steel to design special sections and elements as in the images below? or 3D modeling programs (such as 3ds max, solidworks, fusion360) do we have the opportunity to import and analyze the models?

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO CREATE SPECIAL SECTIONS IN iDECAD STEEL? Hello; With ideCAD Architecture, you can model the geometries in the image, then open the same file and analyze it in ideCAD Steel & Reinforced Concrete thanks to its BIM compatibility. You can import and transfer files from 3d max to ideCAD Architecture. In ideCAD Steel & Reinforced Concrete, if you have a 3d dwg file, you can directly transfer the entire structure. However, if you enter the internal force results and stress distribution as a bar element as a result of the analysis, the results will not be appropriate because your architectural form is not fully compatible with the concept of bar element. It does not seem possible to create the model suitable for the analysis of your structure in ideCAD. The sections seen in the image are special cross sections that are not included in the regulations, therefore their designs do not comply with the standard regulations. Therefore, you need to do special work. Good work.

I want to make a cross or a cross column, but I couldn't find where it was made. I try instead by manually changing the values of any moment of inertia, such as a moment of strength. but a model behavior occurs as if it does not see the changes I have made. Do you have any suggestions what to do?

Hello there; If you choose the method you see in the image in the building tree- sections-add new section-compound I subtab, the parameters that concern all analysis and design will be the same, even if the shape is not exactly the volume. You can model and design columns in this way. Good work.

thanks. While trying this method, when I came to section 2 of 2, nothing was coming to the screen. so I just assigned user defined values and solved my problem.

Hello there; The next section button is available on the screen. When you click on it, you select the other section and say OK. You are using v10.20 right? Good work.

Back