ideCAD autosave sometimes not working

sercann1221

Hello, I am a licensed user of idecad version 8.61, but technically I think that idecad has many shortcomings. Among the main reasons, autosave does not save the project I am working on, even though I turn on the automatic save feature in the general settings, it does not save the project I am working on most of the time, it saves when I put it on the desktop, but when I put my last project in the folder, the automatic save feature is disabled and for this reason. I had to draw the same project many times, I downloaded the latest version from the site and installed it, but the autosave folder does not appear in the idedata folder, other than that, the lack of flexible working opportunity often wastes time when I want to create a wall on some tiles, the wall does not form and there is no warning or guidance on how to follow such problems Most of the time, such problems can be solved by getting technical support, but in my opinion, idecadin needs to improve itself a lot to offer a more flexible working opportunity. Apart from the interior, sometimes the window locations change spontaneously in the project, as far as I know, idecadin should not perform any operation on other floors other than the current floor, whereas I could not understand how the object at the bottom moved while I was deleting the roof on the upper floor. Problems like this somehow find a solution, but the deactivation of the recording feature is quite difficult for me. it wasted time, so I felt the need to make such a criticism for the program, good work everyone...

Re: idecad autosave Dear sercann1221, I would like to share a few things about what you wrote. I assume you are studying architecture. -
"sercann1221":a5ost826" said:
.... autosave often doesn't save the project I'm working on, even though I turn on the autosave feature from the general settings, it saves when I put it on the desktop, but when I put the last project I worked on, the autosave feature is disabled and for this reason, the same project repeatedly I had to draw it I downloaded the latest version from the site and installed it, but the autosave folder does not appear in the idedata folder ......
- autosave: when the autosave option is active, the program is placed in the folder where the project is saved assigns a .bak file. That is, backup files are created in the folder where you saved your project. The logic here is as follows. First, the program records itself at intervals as long as the time written in the automatic recording, and secondly, when you save it manually, you create a folder with what you have done so far. bak file. I think if you search for backup (autosave) files there you will find it. -
"sercann1221 said:
":a5ost826"] ..... when I want to create a wall on some slabs, the wall does not form
There is no problem that we know in the program in creating a wall on the slab. If what you mean by this is that there is no wall over the place, then there is no problem. Just maybe the problem is this: the floor is in static mode (on the ceiling of the floor in question) and the wall is in architectural mode (at the floor of the floor in question) I think you might mean something like this by not being able to get a wall on top of the floor. -
..... does not provide a warning or guidance on how to proceed in the face of such problems ...
The program warns about impossible things with a dialog menu. Apart from that, you can read the instructions on how to draw an object in the information line at the bottom of the program. There, "do this, do this, select that object, select the first object" etc. There are redirects -
..... apart from these, sometimes the window positions change automatically in the project ...
The positions of the windows do not change out of the blue. The general name of windows and doors is DIO. We call them "In-Wall Object". Here I want to say: windows and doors work attached to the walls. If there is a change in the lengths of the connections of the walls, there may be a change in the location of the DIOs. This is something related to your data entry. For example, if you said the middle of the wall while describing the wall, if the length of the wall changes, the position of the DIO will also change. Or if you entered a distance from the beginning of the wall while entering Dio, and did something about the beginning of the wall (translation with a column, etc.) -
..... as far as I know, idecadin should not perform any operation on floors other than the current floor. While I was deleting the roof on the upper floor, I could not understand the logic of the displacement of the object below....
In summary, I must say that IdeCAD is an object-based program. What you are doing is not just lines. Objects are also related to each other. Again, based on what you wrote, I can't make a roof and build a roof. If you have limited the walls under the roof with the cut to the roof command, the height of the walls will change when you delete the roof. Or, if you say automatic wall height while drawing a wall and draw a beam on it, if you delete the beam, the height of your wall will change. Here the objects are deleted. have relations with them. This being the case, not only is it a burden, but it also provides important conveniences. For example, one-click area measurement, etc. It is possible to enter information and renew itself in connected objects when changes are made. In particular, the criticism of "not providing flexible working" is the most inconsistent of these in my opinion. Because many unbiased people admit ideCAD's flexible and easy data entry. I have to express my apologies that; I think you haven't received enough training in the use of the program. I feel like you're directly involved in drawing projects with the general CAD habits and knowledge you've acquired. Of course I could be wrong. However, you should watch the training videos or attend one of the periodic training programs. In this way, your dissatisfaction with the program you are using as licensed will disappear and you will get rid of the "wasted money" feeling. maybe even "aaa can we do this too" you will encounter many topics and commands. I wish you good work. N. YILMAZ

Re: idecad autosave Dear NYILMAZ, First of all, I would like to thank you for the information you provided was very explanatory. I overcame the problem with Autosave by saving the project manually. I will consider the information you have given. As for the wall issue, I may have made the mistake you said between static and architectural working mode, but when I try to create a wall around the edges by drawing any space, the wall does not form and the command line (determine the next point) text does not carry an explanation value, it would be more appropriate to receive an error message about why the wall did not form. There is no problem in drawing the wall from the middle of the place. Acknowledging that I did not receive enough training in the program, I think that since it is a program that works integrated with static objects, the program has advantages as well as disadvantages, for example If I give k, while creating an exterior object in x program, I don't think I will be able to make idecad in the form and practicality I want by breaking it down. I don't use ide as an expert, but as every command entered is easy, I think it will cause a different problem afterward. Good work.

Re: idecad autosave Dear Sercann1221 NILMAZ I perceived that you could not perceive exactly what you meant by Mr. Nedim. An additional program works on an object-based basis, while two objects are being drawn on top of each other, you need to adjust the elevation, you cannot draw. For example, in order to draw two separate walls on top of each other, you need to adjust the elevations of both walls or it will not occur. The same problem can happen when using AuotCAD, each layer is both transparent and infinitely thin layer on top of each other, so the drawings do not get mixed up. There is a program logic, for this, watch the videos and most of your problem will disappear.

Re: idecad autosave Dear Sercann1221, I think the most important indicator to consider when evaluating what this type of program (I'm not talking about ide alone) can do is versions. If the program is in 1.x, 2.x or beta versions, you may have the right to think that they have just started and have not fully mastered the subject. If the programs have come up to versions 7, 8, 9, it means that the infrastructure has been formed, accepted and has a fiction. From now on, the task should not be to try to meet expectations out of habit, but to research and learn how to use the features of the program at hand. The work done by today's programs is truly admirable. I think they're all like luxury cars. They all compete with comfort and take you from one place to another. But each has its own different sensors. Its accessories are hidden in different places. IdeCAD is one of them. The important thing here is to understand it a little bit. Actually, that's what I wanted to say in my article. Let's come to the relationship between the place and the wall, as in your example. There is no need to create a contour with the "zone edge" command to create a zone. You create a space in the walled area. For this reason, if you try to draw a wall around the space you created with the edge of the space, the program will not allow it. Here the logic of the program is as follows: I have given you the opportunity to make a place in the walled area. No, you had a hard time, you couldn't solve this with the wall, then use the space edge. (for example, you can't turn the landing with a wall, but you have to create a space) Both have their place. It doesn't allow to protect you from making such a mistake if you try to do the other while you have one. You might say, "Well, what would it be if he let me". In this case, the area vs. When calculating, the program does not get confused according to which one to act. Of course, I said this as an example. When you look at the projects and studies that have been drawn for so many years, you will see that the program is not ordinary. It means it meets the needs. Then it is necessary to try to understand it a little and not to insist on habits. I repeat again, it doesn't take much of your time, obviously you have an infrastructure, a few hours of training will solve everything. Good evening and good work. With love...

Back