I did a performance analysis on the old building, it's going to collapse.

bakil

Take it easy, friends, I am doing a strengthening project for the first time and unfortunately I am not very familiar with this subject. I made a performance analysis of an old 2-storey building, but the result is collapse. Is there a chance to save it? I added a reinforcement curtain, but some beams have brittleness, while old curtains have both GB and brittleness, what can I do? Do I need to strengthen these elements in place or is it impossible to strengthen the project is attached . I will be glad if you help

Re: REINFORCED CONCRETE REINFORCEMENT Hello
"bakil":1y63chgw" said:
I added a reinforcement curtain, but some beams have brittleness and old curtains have both GB and brittleness, what can I do. Do I need to strengthen these elements in place or to strengthen them? Is it impossible, the project is attached
My Suggestions: I do not recommend strengthening this structure because the current concrete value, C5, is very low.Still, if you say I will do it or see what happens, Assuming you have entered the concrete values and column-beam-wall dimensions correctly; - -Make the concrete you use in reinforcement C25, -Detect the existing column-beam-wall reinforcements, enter the project and activate and fix the DS ticks, -Make the reinforcement curtains continue on all floors, -Make performance calculations, if not, you should add curtains. Unver ÖZCAN

Back