Give 5 and 6, same project periods are different

suatyy

Hello Mr. Hakan, there are 2 projects that I use for my thesis work, these are the same projects. The natural period, which is 0.57 in 5 versions, turns out to be 0.80 in 6 versions, so all cross-section effects are different. Does it prepare data for sap 2000 ver 11 and later in version 6? By the way, in 6 versions, the concrete class is selected when entering the first project, but I could not find a place to assign a new concrete class afterwards. In the options, there are only the concrete types that I entered when entering the first project. Take it easy Suat Yildirim

Of course, the image should be marked last in the configuration. Otherwise, you cannot see the text on the left.

Thank you for your interest, I found the material. But the analysis result difference between the two versions still persists.

"suatyy":1asuhjt1" said:
Hello sir, here are 2 projects that I used for my thesis work in the appendix. These are the same projects. The natural period, which is 0.57 in 5 versions, is 0.80 in 6 versions, so all cross-section effects are different. Does it prepare data for sap 2000 ver 11 and later. By the way, in 6 versions, the concrete class is selected when entering the first project, but I could not find a place to assign a new concrete class afterwards. There are only concrete types I entered when entering the first project in the options. Take it easy Suat Yıldırım
Hello, Mr. Suat, the dynamic analysis logic has changed between 6 and 5. In 6, a single analysis is made for x, y, rotation, in 5 we were doing two analyzes for x and y directions. In 5, x and y are reported separately, while in 6 they are reported together. In short, mods with the same number will not mean the same result. For example, mod 1 in x direction is 0.5787 in 5. This is mod 2 in 6. For example, mod 1 in y direction is 0.766 in 5. Mod 1 in 6. Likewise x direction in 5 like 2nd mod in 6, 4th mod in 6. In terms of floor loads the results are close to each other; 5 total dynamic load: 245.31 tons x-direction 6 total dynamic load: 240.36 tons x-direction 5 total dynamic load: 149.55 tons y-direction 6 total dynamic load: 144.29 tons y-direction See the picture below for other details: Similarly, if we examine the loads coming to the floors, We see that the difference is not much:

"suatyy":kqcqdg9m" said:
Thank you for your attention, I found the material. But the difference in the results of the analysis between the two versions still remains.
Hello Mr. Suat, before analyzing the project, I defined the number of modes as 8 in both projects. I combined the 6th and 6th version dynamic analysis reports. In the 5th version reports, the mode periods in the X and Y directions are listed in separate tables, and in 6, they are listed combined. If you follow the order I have shown in the picture, you can see that the mode periods between 5 and 6 are the same.

Back