Frequently asked questions and answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HakanŞahin

Administrator
Frequently asked questions and answers have been given to the forum and our technical service. (Last updated November 2017) 1) How can I define an elevator shaft on a raft base? Elevator shafts on a raft base should not be defined in the static analysis model. The raft slab can be analyzed without the pit, and then the elevator pit detail can be given separately in the foundation drawings. Detail of an elevator pit as in the picture; can be done using 2D possibilities in the program. 2) How can I open spaces on curtains? To create spaces on curtains, you must first enter curtains with the Curtain command and model them as shells. After defining the curtains in this way, activate the Door window command. Click the Settings icon in the toolbar. Select any type in the dialog that opens. Adjust the size and elevation settings from the Layout tab and click OK. Place your blank on the curtains you have drawn. 3) How can I define the basement curtains? After creating your floor plan, click the panel command. Click the settings icon in the helpful toolbar that opens. After adjusting the denim settings of your curtain as it should be, place it in place like a panel. If you select the Subbasement/Discontinuous panel option in all floors in the settings of the basement curtains, you will not include these curtains in the alfas calculation.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
4) How do I define the intermediate landing beam? Before defining the beam, enter the settings and enter the elevation section Enter the negative level value below the floor ceiling. After clicking all, create the intermediate landing beam, just as the beam enters. 5) How do I define the reverse beam? After entering the positive level for the opposite beam in the beam settings, place your beam. The point you need to pay attention to is that you must enter the same amount of upper level value with the beam level in the columns where the beam sits. If these columns continue to the upper floors, you must enter the same amount of elevation value for the same columns on the upper floor in order to ensure continuity. 6) How do I define external load for elements? After selecting the element you want to define external load for in the plan window, press the right mouse button on the element. You can define loads with the desired size and geometry by using the options under the add load heading in the drop-down menu. In order to define vertical and horizontal loads on the curtains, you must enter the curtains with the Panel object and model them as Shell.
7) How can I see the external loads I have defined on the screen? External loads in the 3D frame in the Perspective window mode, it can be reviewed by selecting the appropriate options under the Downloads heading. 8) How can I see the external loads I have defined in the reports? After clicking the Reports/Selective Reports option, you can print your loads in the reports by checking the User-Defined Loads line under the Other option at the bottom of the dialog. The vertical and horizontal loads defined on the walls modeled as shells are not printed in the report, but can be examined in the analysis model. 9) There is warning B in my columns. How can I solve it? In order to determine which elements are causing the problem in the column-beam junction, first enter the column-reinforced concrete dialog by clicking on the Column line from the Reinforced Concrete menu. From here, click once on the problematic element with the left mouse button. Click the Join Zone Security line and you can detect the elements in the direction of the problem from the pop-up window. After determining, you can apply the following suggestions in the relevant direction. Formulas: Vmax= x . 2bj . h. fcd x=0.60 for enclosed joins, x=0.45 for uncontained joins. Vmax = Maximum limit value fcd = concrete compressive design strength Bj = Two times the smaller of the distance from the vertical mid axis of the beam stuck in the joint zone to the column edge in the direction of the considered earthquake h = The dimension of the perpendicular edge of the column belonging to the beam marked UNSAFE Beam shear force: Ve= 1.25 . fyk . (As1+As2) - Vkol fyk = reinforcement characteristic yield strength As1 = Total area of tensile reinforcement placed on one side of the column-beam joint to meet the negative moment of the beam As2= Total area of the tensile reinforcement placed at the bottom to meet the positive moment on the other side of the beam with respect to As1 Tensile reinforcement area Vkol= Smaller of column shear forces. If Ve > Vmax in any earthquake direction, there is B in the columns. a. The easiest way is to enlarge the bj or h value. As can be seen, as the beam slides into the middle of the column or the width of the beam increases, the bj value increases. If the bj value cannot be increased, the h value must be increased. You can make 50/30 instead of 50/25 or reverse the column sizes. b. Making the column a curtain: Curtains do not enter the column-beam cutting safety control. c. Measures should be taken to reduce As1 and As2. More rigid system design, such as ensuring the continuity of the frames. In general, frames in the form of columns-beams-columns, stud beams and columns-beams-columns in overhangs create negativity. D. Enlarge the fcd by using higher strength concrete. Some Suggestions: It is difficult to mold, but maybe L, T or cross shaped columns can be made. 10) Double reinforcement on the floor gives a warning. How can I solve it? The most likely reason for the double reinforcement warning in slabs is that the slab boundaries cannot be formed correctly. After you bring your floor to your screen so that you can see it completely in the plan window, press the slab analysis button under the Analysis menu. If the red outer contours of your tiles, which are directly connected to each other at the same level, are not created in one go, if they are created piece by piece, your boundaries are wrong (Picture 1). In this case, you can check your tiles and find the faulty tiles to fix the situation, or you can try to delete them all and put your tiles back in. The contours of your correctly placed tiles should form as shown in Picture 2. Picture 1 Incorrectly formed slab boundaries and finite elements Picture 2 Correctly formed slab boundaries and finite elements 11) Should I solve dilatation structures in a single project or in separate projects?[ /b] You can solve dilatation projects in a single project in the program. During the solution, the program will automatically find dilatations based on the data you have entered and will ask you for your preference about dilation acceptances. To decide this, you need to examine the condition and geometry of your structure. Let's examine possible assumptions about different geometries with examples: - Structures that continue as a single block on the lower floors and as independent towers on the upper floors. In such structures, you do not have the chance to solve it as a different project. Therefore, you need to solve the project according to the assumption of more than one rigid diaphragm on the floors. - Structures with common foundations. You can apply two different solutions on the basis of common structures. First alternative, you can enter the structure as a single project and make a solution. The second alternative is to separate and model the building as multiple projects. After completing the solutions, you can apply these effects on the basis you will define in any of your projects by using the Get Fundamental Effects command under the Project menu. - Structures with dilatation at the foundations. The most appropriate method for the solution of this type of structures is to model the structure as different projects. 12) I don't want piles on the beams. How can I intervene? In the Beam Settings/Reinforcements tab, you can check the Pillarless Design box to have a pileless design. 13) Sentinel HASP key not found (H0007) error. How can I solve it? This error indicates that the lock given to you when the program was purchased could not be detected on the computer you are trying to run the program on. In this case, make sure the lock is installed on the computer. Make sure the lock light is on. Test your lock on other ports on the computer to see if the USB port that the lock is plugged into is faulty. If your ports are working and you are still getting the same error, the lock driver is probably disabled. Download and reinstall your lock driver
. Some virus programs prevent the installation of such programs. In order to avoid such a problem, we recommend that you disable your virus program before starting the installation. 14) Encountered an improper argument warning appears. What should I do? This warning is caused by Turkish character problem. You should edit the language and region settings of your computer in Turkish. If this warning appears when your settings are in Turkish, you must first select a different language and country and restart your computer. Then, if you select Turkish and Turkey again and restart, the problem will be fixed. 15) The elements I created on the file I imported from AutoCAD are not displayed in the 3D window. Why? AutoCAD drawings are probably too far from the origin. Select the entire drawing you imported and click the Move command. You can give the lower left corner of the drawing as the base point. Then move your drawing to (0;0) using the coordinate box. You can also see your data in the perspective window when you create it here. 16) The drawings I imported from AutoCAD look huge on my screen. Why? Use the Tools/ Distance command to check the size of the imported drawing. For example, measure a column edge. If you measure the edge that should be 25 cm and shows 25 m, you need to reduce it 100 times. You can use the Modify/ Primitive Entities/ Scale/ Scale (Reference) command. Select the drawing, press the Right mouse button, specify the base point. Enter the reference length value of 100 and press Enter. Enter the new length value as 1 and press Enter. With this command, you will reduce the drawing by 100 to 1. 17) How do I rotate the structure? You can rotate your structure to any angle by using the Rotate Structure command under the Tool menu. 18) I can't get stair drawings. Why? Straight-armed ladders can be drawn in the program. Check whether the reinforced concrete account axis is defined on the staircase that you did not receive the drawings for. If you do not define it, the program does not automatically create the drawings. 19) How can I get the pool report and drawings? The reports and drawings of the apples created with the pool command are not provided in the program. The results are analyzed using the 3D framework and the drawings can be created by the user using the program's two-dimensional possibilities. 20) How do I solve the dome together with the structure? After defining the dome in the required position and geometry in your project, activate the Define Dome-Vault Support command in the Dome auxiliary toolbar. After marking the title of solution with Structure in the dialog that opens, make your adjustments so that only that option(s) are active for each side of the dome, whichever structural element is supported. If you want to solve the dome element together with the structure, it would be a better solution to select the Semi-rigid diaphragm option from the Analysis Settings/General Settings tab. 21) How do I solve the vault together with the building? After defining the vault in the position and geometry it should be in your project, activate the Define Vault Supports command in the Vault auxiliary toolbar. After marking the title of solution together with Structure in the dialog that opens, make your adjustments so that only that option(s) remains active for each side of the vault, whichever building element is supported. If you want to solve the vault element together with the structure, it would be a better solution to select the Semi-rigid diaphragm option from the Analysis Settings/General Settings tab. 22) How do I solve the ladder together with the structure? After defining your ladder in the required position and geometry in your project, activate the Determine Stair Support Conditions command in the Stairs auxiliary toolbar. After marking the title of solution with Structure in the dialog that opens, make your adjustments so that only that option/options are active for each side of the ladder, whichever structural element is supported. If you want to solve the ladder element together with the structure, it would be a better solution to select the Semi-rigid diaphragm option from the Analysis Settings/General Settings tab. 23) How can I design a gradual foundation? In the ideCAD Static program, you have the chance to build a staggered foundation with foundations on different floors such as a half basement or within a single floor. In order to apply a level in the same floor, you can make steps by entering the level value on the related foundations and the vertical bearing elements sitting on those foundations. If your elements sitting on the foundations are on different floors, the foundation of each element should be defined in the floor window it belongs to. Another point to be noted on the gradual basis is that the Superstructure interactive solution option must be activated in the Analysis Settings/Foundation-Soil tab in order to take into account the interaction at the tiers. 24) How can I access the documents about the program and information about usage?
You can find the user manual and help documents. In addition, you can access the help dialogs by pressing the F1 key on the keyboard within the program. 25) Which versions of windows does ideCAD run on? ideCAD works on all 64 bit versions of Windows 7 and above. 26) Can I open my project made in the demo in a licensed program? As stated in the opening of the demo, the projects made in the demo cannot be opened with the licensed program. 27) Does the program detect column elements with a length more than 6 times its thickness as a wall? No, it does not. The element that should be defined as a wall in the project should be defined as a wall, and the element that should be defined as a column should be defined as a column. 28) How can I change the ribbon menu layout to the classic menu layout? Remove the Ribbon menu option from the Settings/General Settings menu and restart the program. 29) With which command can I do scaffold analysis and how can I get reports? You can do scaffold analysis with general analysis command (F9). You can get the reports of the pier using the optional report command. 30) I am getting an error of insufficient number of mods. How can I fix it? You can change the number of Targeted mods by entering the Modal properties in the Analysis/Modal analysis section of the Structure tree. The repetition of the error indicates that the number is not enough and the number of modes is increased again. In addition, by choosing Ritz vectors from the Mode calculation methods, you can provide mass participation as needed with less number of modes. 31) I am getting Raft Basic reinforcement failure error. How can I fix it? There are two reasons why the raft foundation reinforcement is insufficient: First, the reinforcement area required for the raft foundation is not sufficient with the selected raft foundation reinforcement diameters and spacing. In the program, the raft foundation reinforcements are determined according to the reinforcement diameters you have selected and the reinforcement intervals determined by the parameters. Choosing a larger reinforcement diameter may be the solution. Secondly, although the raft foundation main reinforcements are sufficient, the diameter and spacing of the additional reinforcements do not provide the required reinforcement area. The solution to this problem can only be achieved by intervening in additional reinforcement diameters and spacings 32) Can I make a rib/cassette solution as a Single Console? If you define a single console rib in the program, a solution is made so that the system remains in balance. In rib reinforcements, you can see that the moment is calculated at the support of the cantilever rib, but you have to design the reinforcement manually. 33) How can I define transverse teeth on ribs? Transverse tooth arrangement is done by using cassette object in the program. While defining, attention should be paid to the arrangement of the typical teeth in the same continuity, especially the position of a tooth in the other direction to be arranged as a transverse tooth should be adjusted. If the transverse thread is to be formed in the middle of each eye, the balancing distance should be given accordingly. In fact, these considerations apply not only to the transverse thread, but also to all rib and cassette systems. When arranging transverse teeth; 1) All ribs in the system must be defined as cassette objects. Rib object in one eye and cassette object in the other eye should not be defined as it will not dissolve continuously. 2) The reference object to be balanced is important when defining the cassette. The reference objects or positions of the teeth to be defined in the same continuity should be selected the same. 3) Since the balancing will be done according to the referenced position, the distance of the starting tooth should be arranged with this in mind. In the example below we want to arrange transverse teeth in tiles D1 - D2. For this, we will change some parameters by going into the tile settings. While doing this in D1 -D2 tiles, we want the teeth to be continuous in D3 and D4 tiles at the same time. 1. First, let's determine the transverse tooth distance. I want it to run right through the middle of the D1 and D2 tiles. I'll measure the distance and use half of it. Distance: 526/2= 263 cm 2. Click on the floor and enter its settings. On the cassette tab we edit the parameters. I prefer to choose beams K21 and K22 as they are in the same position as reference objects objects. Therefore, in "typical tooth 1" I will give the initial tooth width of 263 cm and of course the tooth spacing. In "typical tooth 2" I will enter the distances of the normal tooth dimensions. 3. Let's click OK to exit the dialog and click the tape command. The program will now wait for us to select tiles. Let's choose tiles D1 and D3. Right click. 4. Now, let's make the beam K11 the first reference and the beam K22 the second reference. D1 and D3 slabs will be formed as toothed slabs in the same continuity with the transverse tooth. 5. Let's define the D4 and D2 tiles in the same way. Let's click on the tape command. Since the geometry is the same, we use the same parameters. 6. Let's mark D2 and D4 in turn. The 1st reference will be K12, the 2nd reference will be K24. I draw attention to the fact that K23 and K24 are aligned. Balancing therefore becomes the same 7. In this way we define the whole system. Finally, we need to determine the typical teeth to be calculated. I will use the "set typical thread" command for this. 8. Click "Change/edit object/tile/set typical tooth". In order, first I click on a tooth that I have seen in D1, vertically. On the horizontal, I click on the tooth that I have formed as a transverse tooth. 9. Now, the typical threads on other threaded floors are also important. I have to identify the teeth that will be in the same continuity as typical teeth. I do this in order. 10. Results will appear on cassette reinforcements with slab analysis. 11. Expansions will be arranged together with the cassette openings. 34) I get A1 and B2 irregularity warnings. What should I do? Type A1 and B2 irregularities are irregularities that determine the reason for choosing the calculation method. (TDY 2007 Article 2.3.2.1). In the case of dynamic analysis, these irregularities have no effect. In the program, dynamic analysis is carried out under all conditions and the status is printed in the reports. 35) I am getting a B1 irregularity warning. What should I do? B1 (Weak Floor) Irregularity occurs when the effective cutting area on a floor is less than the value specified in the regulation when compared to an upper floor. (TDY 2007 item 2.3.2.3) Variables in the shear area are shear walls, columns and walls(th). Effective shearing areas are calculated automatically according to the load system and wall-to-wall loads entered in the program, and the values are printed in the earthquake code general report. Also, the cutting areas can be changed in the Irregularities tab of the Floor Parameters dialog. 36) Can we model and analyze columns on beams in the program? B3 irregularities occur in structures modeled in this way. Conditions related to B3 irregularities are specified in Article 2.3.2.4 in the 2007 Earthquake Code. As stated in this article, B3 irregularity can only be allowed in case (b). The program performs calculation and design in accordance with this rule of the relevant article. 37) A2-A3 irregularity in the structure? What should I do? Whether a fully rigid or semi-rigid solution is made, if the A2-A3 Irregularity in the report menu is checked, it will also be checked whether the earthquake forces are transmitted safely or not. If there is A2-A3 irregularity or if it is a slab system without beams, semi-rigid solution would be appropriate. If there is A2-A3 Irregularity in the structure and a semi-rigid solution is made; It would be appropriate to check the floor and upper reinforcement area needs from the visual design model. 38) When should I solve the structure as semi-rigid and when as fully rigid diaphragm? Any type of structure can be solved semi-rigid diaphragm. If there is no A2-A3 irregularity in the structure and the system is not a beamless slab, a solution can be made with the assumption of a fully rigid diaphragm. 39) I get a report, "Second order indicator value is high on any floor. Increase system rigidity". How can I fix it? In Tdy 2007, the 2nd order effects indicator value must be less than 0.12. If this is not provided on any floor, the program will warn you. However, in some projects, floors that do not have a physical connection with the main floor floors, such as stair mezzanine landings, entrance floor eaves, are defined as single console flooring. If these floors are defined as separate rigid diaphragms, it will not be possible to provide a 2nd order indication value. If you check the "Create rigid diaphragm" option from the flooring properties and analyze again, your problem will be solved. Example 1: Example 2: 40. I enter the R Coefficient 7, the program selects 6.xx. What should I do? Item 2.3.2.3 in TDY 2007: If B1 irregularity occurs in your structure after the analysis, if the Nci(min) value is between 0.6-0.8, the R coefficient is automatically reduced by the program by multiplying it with 1.25Nci(min). You don't need to do anything about it. Program sample report view: In sample report: Nci(min)=0.75, Entered R coefficient= 7 Accordingly, the selected R coefficient becomes R=7 x 1.25 x 0.75=6.57. 41) Report pdf I get the error "iderpt.exe has stopped working" when I try to save as What should I do? The problem may be caused by the font. Change the font of Page Title, Subject Title, Subject subtitle, Table Title and table Information under the Font menu. Take Times New Roman for example. Try again. 42) I switched from 7 to 8 version, while defining the rigid floor number 7 in the project settings, I could not find where to define it in 8. Where can I define it in the program? The rigid floor number is defined to the program by marking which floor is a rigid floor in the floor general settings. Open the floor general settings and mark which floor or floors will be rigid floors. 42) In the column beam Joint Shear Safety report, it appears that the columns in the rigid basement floor were not checked. Why? It is left to user preference in analysis settings. You can see that the option is checked. 43) Can I move all floors of my project at once? After making the perspective window full screen and selecting all objects, you can move all floors at once with the move command. 44) The building information tree is lost, how can I get it back? You are working with the ribbon, right click on the vertical toolbar on the left side of the program. Mark the structure tree from the menu that appears. If you are working with the classic menu, right click on any toolbar. Mark the structure tree from the menu that appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back