entering steel loads into the reinforced concrete system

mesut86

Good day everyone, there is a steel roof with a span of 36 m. It sits on a reinforced concrete column with 6 m intervals. When I transfer the vertical, horizontal and moment from the steel to the column, at least 80/100 column only saves and its pursantage becomes 2,5. When I delete the horizontal force, 60/60 columns are saved and minimum pursanaj is sufficient. I wonder if I should take the horizontal load from the steel or not??? do i enter horizontal load twice (handle and idecad)?? Or should I reduce the horizontal load from the steel and get it?? When I look at similar projects, they generally have 60/60 columns, some have made 80/80 and their purchases have remained at a minimum. I look forward to your comments, thank you.

If the moment-transfer connection is used when calculating the steel, you must enter all the support responses. But if you solve the steel in a way that does not transfer moment and form its connection accordingly, your reinforced concrete column design will be economical, and even your foundation will be economical. However, the opening moment is slightly increased in the steel structure. You can do both and compare the cost.

Thank you for your opinion.Moment transmitting system. What I really want to ask is that we enter the earthquake load of the steel in sap2000. There is an earthquake load in the support values. When entering idecad, we add the vertical, horizontal and moment to the column. Isn't an earthquake force calculated in the vertical load we entered in idecad, and the horizontal force we get from sap2000? is happening. Isn't horizontal load calculated 2 times?

Hello there; Support reactions from Sap2000; 1- G: Vertical, horizontal and moment effects consisting of dead loads (Truss, weights of purlins and roofing). 2- Q: Vertical, horizontal and moment effects of live loads (Snow and Wind loads). After defining these load values on the column in IdeStatik in accordance with their own load definitions (in accordance with G and Q loading conditions), you should calculate. Thus, since you do not take any earthquake load from Sap2000 and enter IdeStatic, there will be no load repetition. Or you will not deal with any of these and take İdeÇelik and model and calculate reinforced concrete and steel together. Best regards.

Back