Defining Earth Load to Panels

HakanŞahin

Administrator
Program: ideCAD Static Version: 7.x, 8.x Topic: Defining lateral earth load on the panels below the soil level in ideCAD Static program I- Definition of Loading Condition 2- Definition of Soil Load Combinations 3- Definition of Horizontal Load on Panels 1 - Defining Loading Status After creating your static model, you must specify the soil load status to the program. For this, first analyze once. The program will define for you the loading conditions and combinations of vertical and seismic loadings. Then define the loading condition for the ground load. -> Open Static Analysis folder in data tab under Structure Tree. -> Open the Linear Static analysis folder under this folder by double clicking on it. -> You will see a folder called Download Statuses. Since we have done analysis before, you will see G, Q, EX, EX1, EX2, EY, EY and EY2 installation statuses under this folder. -> Click with the right mouse button on the Download States folder and mark the New Installation line from the menu that opens. -> Linear Static Analysis Loading Status dialog will appear. -> In this dialog, write H for the loading name and Earth Load in the description part. -> When you press OK button, you will have created a new Load Case for the soil load named H. 2- Defining Soil Load Combinations For the process of defining new load combinations specified in TS 500 in the program; -> Click the right mouse button on the Combinations folder under the Structure Tree. -> Click on the Add New Combination line from the drop-down menu. -> The Combination Settings dialog will appear. -> In this dialog, add three lines by saying Add New Line. -> Click on the loading boxes of the rows in order and select the load cases as G, Q and H from the drop-down list. -> Double-click on the factor boxes of the rows with the left mouse button and enter the values 1.4, 1.6 and 1.6 respectively with the help of the keyboard. -> Check the Use in reinforced concrete design box at the bottom of the dialog to ensure that the cross-sectional effects of this combination are taken into account in the reinforcement calculations. When you press the OK button, you will have defined the 1.4G+1.6Q+1.6H load combination. Follow the same steps above and define the combination 0.9G+1.6H. 3- Defining Horizontal Loads to Panels -> Select the panel to which you want to add horizontal load in the plan window. -> Press the right mouse button on the selected panel. -> Click on the Panel Horizontal load line under the Add Load line in the menu that opens. -> Panel horizontal load dialog will appear. -> Set the load type from the dialog that opens. -> Type the appropriate values in the Value box(s). -> Write soil load in the description section. -> Select the H line we defined earlier as the loading state. -> Press the OK button. Similarly, define loads on other panels, if any. The subject has also been added to the message as a pdf document.

hello teacher.. first of all, how did you affect the 10 t/m2 and 2t/m2 values in value 1 and value 2 when defining the curtain lateral load? By calculating the horizontal density of the earth block behind the curtain? My second question is, are 0 and 75 cm values the part of the curtain you want to have a load on?

"seductive":2owqnv2u" said:
hello sir.. first of all, how did you influence the values of 10 t/m2 and 2t/m2 in value 1 and value 2 when defining the lateral load of the curtain wall? By calculating the horizontal density of the soil block behind the curtain? My question is, is the 0 and 75 cm values the part of the curtain that you want to exert a load on?
Hello, You can examine the TBDY 2018 article 16.11 Table 16.6 for the horizontal loads acting on the curtains.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Good work

"Levent Özpak":254cn3i5" said:
"seductive":254cn3i5" said:
hi sir.. first of all, how did you affect the 10 t/m2 and 2t/m2 values in value 1 and value 2 when defining the curtain lateral load? By calculating the horizontal density of the earth block behind the curtain? My second question is whether 0 and 75 cm values are the part of the curtain that you want to exert a load on?
Hello, You can examine TBDY 2018 article 16.11 Table 16.6 for the horizontal loads acting on the curtains.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Good work
THANK YOU VERY MUCH..!

Back