Away Corresponding to Every Fashion

Visualization dialog opens when you click on the Deformation Modal icon in the Analysis and Design Viewing section from the menu. You can select Modal1,Moda2,Modal3 or Modal4 from here, if you want to see the displacement of which mode in which modal account, you can see the displacement on the basis of node points.

"Ismail Hakki Feeds":2pvhhrwb" said:
Clicking the Analysis and Design View section of the Menu, the Deformation Modal icon opens the visualization dialog. From here, select Modal1,Moda2, Modal3 or Modal4.
Yes, I know it can be seen here, but the values in the example in the attached picture did not make much sense to me.

Modal joint displacements show the self-deformation pattern of the building in the respective vibration modes. Amplitude values by themselves do not have any physical meaning. Their shapes and their contribution relative to each other are important. However, the final values of these displacements combined with the response spectrum function are significant.

"Admin":31ycez0c" said:
Modal nodal displacements show the self-deformation shape of the building in the relevant vibration modes. The amplitude values have no physical meaning on their own. Their shape and contribution to each other are important. However, these displacements combined with the response spectrum function their final values are meaningful.
So how should we reach these final values. When calculating the uins related to Chapter 6, modal displacements of each mode are requested, how can we reach these values?

Hello there; The uien values specified in Chapter 6 do not tell you to directly use the displacements obtained from the modal analysis. The uiens mentioned here are the displacements of each mode determined under the effect of a reduced earthquake. So you have to use displacements obtained from Response Spectrum analysis. To explain a little more, the displacements of Ex and Ey are actually obtained by calculating and combining each mode. As per the explanation in Chapter 6, you need each substitution we use when calculating Ex and Ey. Currently, you cannot see these values clearly in the program. Necessary work will be done for this. What you need to do as a solution for now is, instead of calculating Chapter 6 equation 6.3 for each mode, instead of calculating which direction you are calculating, the final displacement Ex or Ey of that direction is read from the perspective screen, using the dominant vibration period of the relevant direction as a period, to calculate Aien and calculate this Aien value. It is to use to calculate the fie value. In a way, you're going to go the other way. Since the program already gives combined displacement for Ex and Ey, you only need to calculate a single Aie. **** Do not perform these operations by reading the displacement of each mode of modal analysis in any domestic or foreign program. Modal analysis is a form of analysis that reflects the general behavior of the structure and the values you see have no physical meaning. The aim is to determine the behavior of the building according to the modes. Resources you can use on this subject: 1) Prof. Dr. Zekai Celep - Structural Dynamics 2) Prof. Dr. Zekai Celep - Nahit Kumbasar - Introduction to Earthquake Engineering 3) Prof. Dr. Kutlu Darılmaz - Earthquake Resistant Building Design Good Work.

"MrtGrsl":294vrvcj" said:
"Ismail Hakki Feeds":294vrvcj" said:
Click on the Deformation Modal icon in the Analysis and Design Display section of the menu, and the visualization dialog opens. You can select Modal1,Moda2,Modal3 or Modal4 from here, if you want to see the displacement of which mode in which modal account, you can see the displacement on the basis of node points.
Yes, I am aware that it can be seen here, but the values in the example in the attached picture did not make much sense to me. 400mm displacement.
Yes, modal displacements are illogical as you said. The displacement values determined in the modal analysis cannot be interpreted as the actual displacement values. The reason is that the spectrum has not yet been included in the modal analysis. Since there is no spectrum at this stage, the final value of the displacement cannot be determined. So; In modal analysis, the opposite side of the equation of motion is 0. In this way, period and angular frequency values are determined. These values are also relative. In other words, there are 2 outputs with physical meaning: Period and Angular frequency. The displacements determined from the modal analysis are an indication of the relative displacement in your design. In order to determine the true value of the displacement, Response Pectoral Analysis is performed using the spectrum given in the regulation after the modal analysis. IdeCAD also performs the response spectrum analysis after the modal analysis, calculates these magnitudes for each mode and stores the combined modal magnitudes in memory by performing full-square merging, and prints these values in the program interface and reports.

It makes sense to me now, but I hope we will talk to the municipality team tomorrow and resolve the issue. Thank you for the information you have given. Good work.

"Ismail Hakki Besler":3c3htsvp" said:
"MrtGrsl":3c3htsvp" said:
It makes sense to me now, but I hope we will talk to the municipality team tomorrow and resolve the issue. Thanks for the information. Your same question has been asked and answered in a forum. Question Answer Forum link address
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Thank you İsmail.

Back