Abnormal building periods

dündar selçuk

Good day, In my attached project, there is no problem with the reinforced concrete part on the lower two floors, while the upper steel const. After adding the roof, the build period reached an abnormal value in 1st mode. Because buckling also occurred in the 1st mode in the structure. I must have probably made a mistake in the steel design. But I couldn't find my mistake. I will be very pleased if you can check the project and give urgent information. I wish conveniences.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hello there; The column foot joint where you connect the steel columns to the reinforced concrete is hinged in the program. Therefore, it is normal to see a different structure behavior after the analysis. You should use this column base combination in combination with the built-in fixture, not in all columns in the structure. The image of the built-in column leg combination is below.

"dundar selçuk":34xazrsl" said:
Good afternoon, In my attached project, there was no problem with the reinforced concrete part on the lower two floors, but when I added the upper steel construction roof, the construction period reached an abnormal value in the 1st mode, because buckling also occurred in the 1st mode of the structure. "Probably I must have made a mistake in the steel design. But I couldn't find my mistake. I would be very grateful if you could check the project and provide urgent information. I wish you the best.
Hello. The main reason for the abnormal modal result in your structure is that an element is not modeled correctly and one end has infinite displacement. If you correct it, your period will decrease to 0.55 sec. Video:

Back