Steel Mezzanine Floor

insmüh10

Hello, the steel mezzanine in the attached project will be applied inside an existing building. The beams will be anchored to the curtains of the existing building. But I can't do this without curtain modeling in the project. When I wipe the curtains the beams work as if they are consoles and none provide pmm. Is there a solution to this, I don't want to model the curtains, but I want to support my beams as if they have curtains.

Hello there; If you are not going to insert the curtain, you need to assign a support to the ends of the beams as you have already entered the curtain, defining the support or entering the curtain and entering the combination on it will lead you to the same result in terms of analysis. To define a support, you need to select the relevant joint point and select the add new support command by right-clicking on it.

Ms. Nurgül, Can I ask you in a little more detail, from which menu or in which window you made the definition of support you describe? I have one more question within the scope of the same topic: I am defining a steel mezzanine floor for a reinforced concrete system. I defined steel beams on reinforced concrete beams and defined composite flooring on them. When choosing the floor boundaries, I chose the reinforced concrete beams that border the floor. As a result of the analysis, in the report, while I could see the loads coming from the composite flooring in the steel beams, I could not see the loads transferred from the reinforced concrete beams into which the steel beams were inserted. In B.arme beam loads, only self and wall loads are reported. Could I be wrong in my definition?

The project I mentioned is attached. The report image taken by selecting one steel from each floor space is also attached. 1. Looking at the steel beam reports, composite floor loads can be seen on some beams, while floor loads are not seen on some beams. (See screenshot 1) 2. In addition, the loads transferred from these steel beams to the reinforced concrete are also not seen in the report - for all the reinforced concrete beams without exception. As an example, 3 reinforced concrete beams were selected and a report was taken. (See screenshot 2)

Hello there; It may be because of the geometry of your project or because the beams are connected to reinforced concrete, the R & D team will examine the composite design is not done. The design takes place as a normal steel beam. If you switch to the perspective screen - right click - analysis view - loads - loads transferred from the floor, you can see the status on each beam. When I analyze the model you sent and go to the steel beam report load information, I do not see results as in your screenshot. It looks like a load has come off the floor. Use the slab as a concrete slab, not composite, and analyze it and check it from the perspective screen and report. The reason why the composite could not be resolved was noted. The R&D team will look at what happens for future versions and make arrangements. *** Load flow from steel to reinforced concrete is also not given as a load information. Because the system was entered in one go, you can see the internal forces in all shell and bar elements as a result of the analysis. In programs that analyze separately, the load values from the steel, such as a support reaction, have to be given. However, solving it in one go is a more technological application than a separate solution that gives realistic and accurate results.

Thank you for your interest and support. For informational purposes, I would like to share the following note about this project. At this stage of the project, it is not planned to close the mezzanine floor. After being built as reinforced concrete without a mid-floor, it will be possible to close it with steel construction carrier beams and composite flooring if needed in the future. However, despite this possibility, I needed such a solution in order to transfer the burden of the possible closure to the existing structure during the project phase. This is where our problem arose. I wanted to see the steel beam loads separately. In the meantime, I was able to come up with a solution to my problem. I deleted the steel beams that did not transfer the load of the composite floor and defined SIDE STEEL BEAMS instead. However, the load transfer was not reflected in the reports. (See Image 1) Finally, when the composite flooring was defined PARALLEL to these secondary beams, the load transfer could be reported. (See Image 2) Thank you again and wish you good work.

Back