Steel Hangar

eissenhover

Hello, 1) In the project attached in the link below, it seems that some of the roof purlins do not provide the PMM ratio, so all the purlins do not seem to save, I try to divide the purlins and interfere only with those purlins, but when I use the relevant command, it gives a warning like "delete the element under the object first". I do not want to enlarge the cross section in all lovers, so how can I intervene in those who do not save? 2) The system gives a relative floor translation error, if I use it diagonally, the error still persists, how can I fix this error? 3) While the element that exceeds the deflection limit is not visible on the 3D screen, when I receive a report, the beams that exceed the deflection limit show, I cannot find which beams they are on the 3D screen. 4) Finally, the design result does not calculate when a stiffener plate is added to the butt plate beam joint joint, and an error occurs when the bolt is increased. Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I would be very happy if you answered, I wish everyone a good work. project download link;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I was going to write too, same problem; It gives a warning like "delete the element under the object first". I'm also curious about the answer to this question?

Hello there; You misread the warning message. The explanation for the warning is: after deleting the overlays you defined on the group purlins (the lower element of the lover), you can explode the lovers. Then you need to define re-coating on single purlins. Best regards.

"2m project":rd0bwq8t" said:
Hi; You misread the warning message. The explanation for the warning is: after deleting the overlays that you defined on the group purlins (the lower element of the lover), you can explode the purlins. Then you need to define the overlay on the single purlins again. Regards.[/ quote] Thank you very much for your answer, do you have any suggestions for other issues?

Hello there; 1- Remove the purlins from the analysis model and arrange your roof braces as in the attached picture. Your roof purlins do not save as they are included in the analysis model and are exposed to structural loads. Your façade purlins are insufficient in cross-section and do not save from deflection, enlarge their cross-sections. 2- Your roof diagonals are not placed properly, diagonal placement on the roof plane to create a diaphragm effect, as in the attached picture and data file, will solve your relative floor drift problems. In addition, you can enter your facade cladding according to TBDY 4.9.1.3.b, which will give you a double offset limit increase. 3- Those who do not appear on the 3D screen are your facade lovers. If you tell the analysis model to show the purlins from the display options, the facade will be seen in your purlins. 4- I think it is due to a programmatic defect or error related to the connection. This stop, Nurgül ladies, will bring an explanation. In addition, the material quality of the HEB and IPE type elements you use in your project should be S275. I am sharing the partially edited project file attached, you can overcome the remaining problems by enlarging the sections that did not recover.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Best regards.

Thank you very much for your valuable answers, while the building is being built, roof purlins will eventually take their place in the structure and will be exposed to the load from the coating, wouldn't it be a mistake not to include the purlins in the analysis?

Hello there; When the purlins are included in the analysis, they contribute to the stability of the truss beams to which they are attached, and in return, they cause very large purlin cross-sections as you experience. In this approach, although the purlins contribute so much to the system, they are considered as secondary elements in practice and their connections are generally left weak. weak links in the application cause them not to actually give the contribution you have taken into account in the analysis. We do not include the purlins in the analysis model and design them according to the coating loads, but in the first approach, we give the contribution we expect the purlins to give to the system with the braces on the roof plane. Thus, we produce a more economical and healthier project. Best regards.

"2m project":18lf0nhk" said:
Hi; When the purlins are included in the analysis, they contribute to the stability of the truss beams to which they are attached, and in return, they cause very large purlin cross-sections, just like you experience. In this approach, although the purlins contribute so much to the system, in practice they are secondary The connections are generally left weak as they are considered to be elements. Weak connections in practice cause them to not actually contribute the contribution you have taken into account in the analysis. We do not include the purlins in the analysis model and design them according to the coating loads, but in the first approach, we give the contribution we expect the purlins to give to the system with the braces on the roof plane. we are producing an economical and healthier project Regards.
Thank you very much for all your answers, it was a very descriptive answer, I present my respects and wish you a good work.

Hello there; Thank you for the detailed explanation of the 2m project. ** The general situation regarding the joint calculation is as follows: - The relevant joint is given in the regulations without a stiffener plate and in accordance with 1 bolt each above and below the head, and 2 bolts in the middle. In the design, a mechanism called the yield line must be calculated for the bolt diameter and butt plate thickness controls. This mechanism calculation was made according to the specified number of bolts. This calculation will change in the additional bolts to be added and the equation of the yield line calculation will also change according to the number of each bolt. Currently, this adaptation is not done, so the program closes its reports.

Back