Steel grating beam loading

projebeta

Good work, I entered the project for the first time in steel. But there is a problem, it has not been resolved and the program is closed. Since I could not define the load on the grid beams, I entered them as purlin beams. How can we break down grid beams, purlin groups and joints in succession?

Hello there; The reason why the program in your project was closed seems to be a step you made in the column - beam junction areas during modeling. The problem is not solved without deleting all your beams. When the floor beam is entered again in accordance with your main axles, no problem is encountered during the analysis. Please follow the 5 part video in the link. It is possible to make such mistakes without knowing the logic of the program.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
* In the program, you made a curtain entry on the foundation, If the purpose of the curtains is to provide the connection between the steel column and the foundation, because your curtain height is quite low, the solution with a reinforced concrete column is more appropriate. You can place the steel columns on the reinforced concrete columns and provide the connection with the column foot joint. * According to the logic of the program, you should create the grid system under the floor with the secondary beam command, and then transfer the floor loads to the beam with the floor command. There are 4 sub-types of the flooring used for steel, choose the appropriate one. In the Loads sub-tab, enter your fixed and mobile loads. * Due to the logic of the program, you should use the graft command on the roof and enter the coating and loads. In other words, flooring on the secondary beam inside the floors and coating on the purlin on the roof and side facades should be done. * In the program, cold rolled C and Z sections are designed only for lovers, for your information. * For the connections, you can use a bolted connection with a cap plate or a column-beam stiffened butt plate connection as the moment-transmitting connection for the column-beam weak axis. For articulated connection, angle joint, single slip plate joint etc. you can use glide joins. In order to complete the analysis without closing the program in your project, I removed your beams, I created a part of them again, there is no problem. Continue modeling in accordance with the video and the information I wrote above, the problems will be eliminated. Good work.

Back