Soil Stress Problem in Steel Totem Calculation

cacalas

Hello. I am interested in the static calculation of the steel totem. In the project I have done, the minimum ground tension is negative. I designed the foundation as a singular foundation.

Hello there; You can basically neglect the negative stress you read is pretty small. For your information, if you need to make a superstructure interactive solution, you need to model with a raft foundation, not a single foundation. When entering data with raft foundation, you will need to place a short reinforced concrete column for connection between the steel column and the foundation, for your information. * You can also arrange the material of the plate as S355 in order to solve this situation where there is an inadequacy in the combination of the column feet. We tried a different version in your project, check it out. Also, make sure that the structure is tower type or normal type according to TS 498 and make the necessary adjustments in the analysis settings tab - Wind sub-tab. Currently it appears as normal type.

"nurgulkaya":3uodhxvt" said:
Hi; The negative stress reading in the foundation is quite small, you can neglect it. If you need to make an interactive solution for the superstructure, you need to model with a raft foundation, not a single foundation. For your information, you should use a steel column when entering data with a raft foundation. You will need to place a short reinforced concrete column for the connection between the foundation, for your information. * In order to solve this situation where there is an inadequacy in the column foot joint, you can arrange the material of the plate as S355. We tried a different version in your project, check it out. Also, is the structure a tower type according to TS 498? Make sure it is normal type and make the necessary adjustments in the analysis settings tab - Wind sub-tab. It currently appears as normal type.
Hello sir. Thank you very much for your valuable information and suggestions. Best Regards

Back