Reinforcement-All of the other carrier elements...

Kdr34

Hello friends ; In the Retrofit report, in the Performance Level evaluation, the building in the State of Collapse; In any storey, although the conditions for the shear force contribution of vertical elements in advanced damage and significant damage areas are met, "all other load-bearing elements must be in the Limited, Significant or Advanced damage area" cannot be achieved. What are the recommendations of our friends or forum administrators who encountered this situation? (Also, when I want to solve the building in question with the linear performance analysis method, when I want to solve it with nonlinear analysis, unlike the linear analysis, the analysis cannot be completed by giving a pivot error in a column on the upper floor. Is it normal for the pivot error not given in linear analysis to be given in nonlinear analysis?) Thanks in advance...

Hello there; I reviewed your project. First of all, let me give some information about linear performance analysis. Linear performance analysis is an SGDT approach given in TBDY Chapter 15 that enables the determination of building performance when suitable conditions are met. For this reason, while making the evaluation, Controlled Damage, Limited Damage, Pre-Fall or Failure situations are checked on an element basis. Since SGDT approaches are generally nonlinear, some conditions may be punishing because the linear performance analysis method is approximate. In addition, Linear Performance Analysis application limits (TBDY 15.5.3.1) must also be met. Regarding nonlinear analysis; If the second-order effects of the structure are assumed to be linear in the intermediate steps during the pushover analysis, no pivot error is given. This acceptance can be easily made in reinforced concrete buildings. In addition, even if this is linear, second-order effects are taken into account in the initial step. Nonlinear behavior as a material is always taken into account. In the picture below, I tried to mark how you would consider this situation. Also, there are some data entry errors in your project, I would like to mention them. First of all, when checking the geometry, you should take into account the warnings "Overlapping objects", "Incorrect column placement", "Vertical continuity error" "incorrect floor level". These errors are very important data entry errors that affect the analysis system. On the 4th floor, the columns S12, S13, S28 and S29 are placed on the beams, which will create the B3 irregularity. (Linear performance analysis should not be performed in buildings with B3 layout.) Another situation is that there are errors for the S17 column as if sheathing was done on the 3rd floor but not on the 2nd floor. You can get healthier results if you purify your project from these data entry errors. Best regards...

Mr. Ogzan; Thank you for your feedback and explanation... As you explained in the image, when I made a nonlinear analysis (it took 10 minutes), it did not give a pivot error as you said (However, the report section did not appear. I could not see the performance evaluation part of the reports.) I did it with the linear performance analysis of the attached project; We are at the stage of a retrofitting project. (I stated that demolition would be more appropriate to the other side; they said that they would not demolish, but that they would strengthen it.) As you can see in the project, I am planning to make a strengthening; however, when I do this with linear analysis, it is very difficult to take into account the feasibility in terms of cost due to the condition "All other carrier elements must be in the Limited, Significant or Advanced Damage Zone". I have presented the performance analysis with the linear method before; If I do the strengthening project with nonlinear analysis (the effective modal mass participation rates are over 70%), what should be the points I should pay attention to, I ask you what is your advice about this strengthening approach? Best regards

Back