Multi-Piece Pressure Bar

MustafaAkın20

Hello, When I tried multi-piece pressure bar. I designed a column consisting of double U and connected to each other by plates. When the shifts were high, it was an issue that I got stuck on. In the appendix, there are 3 types of columns that I modeled. Two of them are by defining a manual plate, and the third is by using the create column command. While the displacement of the first two is around 3 mm, the column displacement that I created with the artificial column macro is 33 mm. When I model in Sap2000, I get the 1st and 2nd column type displacement. Is there something I missed about the non-colon? My second question is, when I remove the type of source where I made the plates in the first column, and the form part in the macro (which is the type I want), it gives an unsupported beam warning. In the 2nd column, when the format is not removed in the source macro, I do not get an error about bracing. I await your responses. Good work.

Hello there; It is more convenient to enter the elements with steel beam in the multi-piece pressure bar. When you enter an artificial column combination, the program does not use the elements in the combination in the LTB calculation in the analysis. You entered beams in SAP2000 as well, which is probably why the results are the same. Use the one entered with the beam between the first column you modeled. Good work.

Thanks for your answer, I entered Sap2000 as a beam. So what is your comment for the "unsupported beam" problem I mentioned in the joining of the plates to the weld? Finally, I cannot enter a single baseplate because there are different columns (when I make a false column, only one baseplate can be defined). Is it necessary to define the base plate separately? Thanks

There is an explanation in the image. Your definition of the union is wrong, when it is fixed, there will be no problem. Column foot combination cannot be entered by selecting two columns at once. Intervene in the drawings.

Back