ideCAD Steel

eissenhover

I'm trying to learn steel, theoretically I created an infrastructure, but when I came to the project drawing part, I don't understand anything from the outputs of the project that I missed. there are what they express. I throw the elements in the same feature, they took the same features in the same group, it means me. I didn't understand anything from the details there, I mean, the front view of the top view and so on. Is there a source or publication?

Re: idecad steel Hello; As you can see in the steel drawing settings image, the elements are named. On the other hand, the reason why you see a group in the drawings is this: All the features, such as size, section, joint, etc. elements are drawn 1 time in the drawings. It is named as a group and you can see how many of that element is at the bottom of the sheet. At the same time, the numbers in the assembly drawings are given in the drawings so that the elements can be placed correctly during the assembly phase. First, start examining the individual element drawings. Drawings of the elements are created from the top, front and other necessary angles. The purpose of this is if there is a detail on the steel element, it is necessary to be able to take measurements such as bolt holes and special cuts belonging to the joint. Then, if you examine the 3D drawing and assembly drawings, it will be easier for you to understand how the general structure was created. I think what you mean by not measuring measurement is again, apply abbreviated display option in steel drawing settings is active. For this reason, shortening may be applied to the elements over a certain length, and at the same time, the scales of the individual element and assembly drawings are different. You can still control the scales in the drawing settings. It will become more understandable for you.

Re: idecad steel, thank you very much for your valuable answers, I will work again keeping in mind what you said. good evening

Re: idecad steel
"nurgulkaya":2lpjs6cg" said:
Hi; As you can see in the steel drawing settings image, the elements are named. On the other hand, the reason why you see groups in the drawings is: Elements with all features such as size, section, joint, etc. It is drawn once in the drawings. It is named as a group and you can see how many of that element is at the bottom of the sheet. At the same time, the numbers in the assembly drawings are given in the drawings so that the elements can be placed correctly during the assembly phase. First of all, start examining the individual element drawings. The elements from the top, front and other necessary angles Drawings are created. The purpose of this is to take the measurements of the connection, such as bolt holes, special cuts, etc. if there is a detail on the steel element. Then, if you examine the 3D drawing and assembly drawings, it will be easier to understand how the general structure is created. I think that what you mean by not measuring is the steel drawing again apply abbreviated notation in settings The ula option is active. For this reason, shortening may be applied to the elements over a certain length, and at the same time, the scales of the individual element and assembly drawings are different. You can still control the scales in the drawing settings. It will become more understandable for you.
Sir, I want to ask something last. Maybe it will be ignorant, but in the end, we are asking to learn. The diagram I posted in this picture represents my displacement. After the analysis, I throw out the color of my staff, if it is yellow or another color, how do I interpret it.

Re: idecad steel Hello; As I understand from your screenshot, you are examining the deformations under any loading in the deformation subtab in the analysis model. The numbers and colors written on the color scale allow you to compare the sections. However, the important thing in the deformations section is the period value of your structure in the modal analysis loading. It is mostly expected that the first 3 periods will be x, y directions and torsion. In some cases torsion can be seen in later modes. However, if there are elements in the air in your structure or elements that are not connected to the node point correctly, you can intervene by understanding the movement of the structure when you press the play command. Apart from that, by checking the headings in the conclusion section in the steel design tab of the analysis model, you can understand whether the structure is sufficient or not, whether you need to change the section.

Re: idecad steel thank you very much sir, lastly I would like to ask one more thing. When examining the deformations or periods under any load in the deformation subtab, we will decide according to what value we can allow. For example, if the deformation of a fracture is 70 mm Or if the period value of an employee in the first period is 1800 mm, what should be the result I will take from here, how do we determine the interval that we can allow, sir.

Re: idecad steel
"eissenhover":3rpb6oaz" said:
thank you very much sir, lastly I would like to ask one more thing. According to what value we can allow when examining the deformations or periods under any loading in the deformation subtab. We will decide. For example, if the deformation of a part is 70 mm, or if the period value of one of my elements in the first period is 1800 mm, what should I get from here, how do we determine the allowable interval, sir.
The magnitudes of these periods and the displacements resulting from each loading are important. According to the regulations, both floor displacements and deflection values are compared with the upper limit value and controlled by the program.

Hello there; First of all, it is your periods, not the deflection values, that matter in the combination of modal analysis for deformations. In order to understand the general logic of periods, you need to have knowledge of structural dynamics. There are degrees of period values as a result of calculations according to the types of buildings and the number of floors. For this, you need to do some research on structure dynamics and what the eigenvalue method is. Whether your 70 mm example is beam deflection, for example, you can see this control by selecting the analysis model display -steel design-result-Deflection limit from within the program, or you can see what the upper limit is calculated according to the regulations from beam, purlin, secondary beam reports. We need to examine the regulations regarding the deflection upper limits. For building dynamics, Prof.Dr. You can review Zekai Celep's book on building dynamics, sample questions are available. Anil K. Chopra's book Dynamics of Structure is the most important resource for basic knowledge of structural dynamics. There is a second book in the same book with solutions to the questions. It is easy to find online as pdf. I think it would be useful to take your time to look into it. Good work.

Back