ideCAD analysis settings

eissenhover

Hello everyone. I had a few questions, if you could help me I would be very happy. 1) In the attached image, the idecad analysis settings page can be seen. Here, there is no option such as "equivalent earthquake load" or "mod combination method" in the earthquake load calculation method section, instead two options by saying "mod contributions of mode contributions ....." and "mode contribution of element-specific results....." there is. What exactly do they mean, how do we choose the equivalent earthquake load method? 2) There are equivalent earthquake and mode combining options as analysis type in the strengthening section of the analysis settings. but the method we have chosen here is in the strengthening section, so I think it is not valid for static analysis, but valid for performance analysis. How do we choose the equivalent earthquake method in static analysis, as I asked in the first question when designing a building from scratch? 3) I also examined the steel regulations, but I was very confused about GKT and YDKT. Do you have any advice about whether we should choose GKT or YDKT when choosing? 4) In the program, for example, I set the values of moment 2 and moment 3 in the freedom part of a fracture to zero. I connect the two ends of the beam to the columns by choosing one of the rigid connections in the program. When I analyze and look at the analysis model, I see that no moment is transferred at the tip of the crease. the program does not recognize the rigid part i made as well?? 5) Finally, in the attached project, there is 1 break that exceeds the deflection limit and a break that does not save the cutting capacity. It gave deflection problem in other beams as well, I saved the wrinkles by splitting them in half. but there is something i don't understand. The length of the creases is already around 5 meters and it presses on the column at almost every 1 meter interval. that is, when the openings in the 5 meter section are 1 meter, how does it give a deflection error. Could you take a look at the project and comment?

Hello there; 1) The meaning of the 2 options in the Analysis settings - General Settings section is: a) Apply horizontal story forces calculated by combining mode contributions: It is Enhanced Equivalent Earthquake Load Method. While the Equivalent Earthquake Load method determines only the floor shear and base shear forces of the 1st mode, with the assumption that the behavior of the structure will emerge in the 1st mode, these operations are performed for all modes in which the structure is analyzed in accordance with the method used in ideCAD STEEL & Reinforced Concrete. More realistic and reliable results are obtained. b) Option to combine element-specific mod contributions: It is the Mod Combination Method. c) To analyze with Equivalent Seismic Load, you must select the first option. However, as stated above, it differs from DBYBHY 2007 Section 2.7 - Equivalent Earthquake Load Method. For this reason, the exact same results cannot be obtained if calculations are made manually or with other programs. The results determined by ideCAD will be closer to the actual behavior of the structure. However, due to the equivalent earthquake load method, structural irregularities must be controlled. Mod combination method; It is a more appropriate solution in terms of analysis since it is more realistic and inclusive than the equivalent earthquake load method. As you know, DBYBHY 2007 contains prerequisites for the application of the equivalent earthquake load method. For these reasons, we recommend that you use the mod merge method. 2) The equivalent and mod combination methods in the Analysis settings - Strengthening section are for performance analysis. 3) The choice between GKT and YDKT methods in the steel regulation is the decision of the engineer, and the subject is quite comprehensive. You can view the tutorial at the link
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. **
and
, seminars on the subject were given by different professors in IMO Ankara and İzmir branches. 4) There are 2 ways to define freedom for elements in the program. a) Entering unions b) Editing from the freedom section of the properties of the elements *** If you enter freedom from the element properties, the program will not look at the unions and will take what is written on the element. Therefore, if you entered freedom into the element and made the design accordingly, you should choose the combination appropriately. Otherwise, you will not have complied with the agreements you initially made. In short, either enter the union directly or if you entered freedom, choose the combinations accordingly. 5) Since the 5 cm columns at the bottom of your project are very close to the beams, it seems that the support conditions are not formed correctly. When I increase the length of the columns to 50 cm, there is no problem and you do not have insufficient staff. The problem here is that you enter the lowest part columns as 5 cm, I think you will not actually be doing such a construction in the field. Although it will be done, 5 cm elements do not provide space for the joint area. Review that area again. Good work.

"eissenhover":1t8btxiv" said:
3) I also looked at the steel regulations, but I am very confused about GKT and YDKT. Do you have any recommendations on whether to choose GKT or YDKT when choosing?
Design with Load and Strength Factors (YDKT) In both methods, the characteristic strength (Rn) of the element is calculated in the same way, but in YDKT, the coefficients for each load type are determined by probability calculation. For example, the coefficient of G load is given as 1.2 whereas for load Q, it is given as 1.6. This is because the uncertainties in fixed loads are moving It is less than the loads, that is, it is determined with a lower standard deviation. However, in GKT, the coefficient of both is the same (not a very correct approach). The reason why GKT is included in the regulation is that it is easier for engineers who are accustomed to the design philosophy, according to the "safety stress method" for it to adapt.

I am waiting for your urgent help.... Although I selected and saved the Earthquake load calculation method 'Apply horizontal story forces calculated by combining mod contributions' option in the analysis settings, when I had the analysis done, 'Combination of mode contributions from element-specific results' was displayed in the result report. seems to be selected. I couldn't get a different result even though I recorded and repeated many times, I would be very happy if you could help. Thank you so much in advance

Hello there; The source of the problem is this: The top terrace floor is defined and the floor is not defined on this floor. If no slab is defined in any of the floors (i.e. floor without slab/floor without rigid diaphragm), the program will analyze it with element-specific results, even if mode contributions are selected. For a solution, you can delete the terrace floor from the floor general settings and change the upper levels of the curtains on your 3rd floor for the stairwell. When editing in this way, you can perform the analysis with the method you want. Good work.

"nurgulkaya":3eov7pj1" said:
Hi; The source of the problem is: The top terrace floor is defined and slab is not defined on this floor. If no slab is defined on any of the floors (i.e. floor without slab/rigid diaphragm), even if mode contributions are selected, the program will use it as element-specific Analyzes with the results. For a solution, you can delete the terrace floor from the floor general settings and change the upper elevations of the curtains on your 3rd floor for the stairwell. When the arrangement is made in this way, you can perform the analysis with the method you want. Good work.
Thank you very much, good work I wish.

Although I have selected and saved the Earthquake load calculation method 'apply horizontal story forces calculated by combining mode contributions' option in the analysis settings, when I perform the analysis, it seems that 'combining mode contributions from element-specific results' is selected in the result report. I couldn't get a different result even though I recorded and repeated many times, I would be very happy if you could help. Thanks a lot in advance, I have the same problem, what is the solution?

Hello there; You cannot change the Dynamic analysis and modal analysis states written in the calculation method and R selection section.

hello, does the latest version of idecad do nonlinear analysis? If so, where do we select this option in the analysis settings?

Hello there; Nonlinear analysis is not performed in version 8.62. R&D studies were carried out for 9 versions of nonlinear analysis. Good work.

Take it easy, good work, in my project I'm working, the element end degrees of freedom are like this. Steel columns were placed on the reinforced concrete slab and the column foot was entered from the joints, it is indicated in the figure for other joints. (that means if I'm not wrong) Can you clarify? 2) There is no freedom in the column-beam junction, does this mean it transfers moment? I would be very happy if you could help, good luck again, good work...

1- The junction you enter into the column is articulated so that the program creates a freedom and moment diagram accordingly. It does not receive any data from other ends. What matters is the relevant end. The number of anchors in the column foot joint and your placement are important. If the anchors are inside the column heads, the program detects articulated, if they exist outside the column heads, the program detects built-in. 2- If there is no green or blue ring, this node is a fixed node, that is, it transmits a moment.

Ms. Nurgül, I used a box profile 100*100*6 and placed 4 M16 bolts around it. Since it is a box profile, all kinds of anchors stay outside the placement, but they do not transmit moment, they perceive it as articulated

Back