How can I find out which element has the error in the scissors?

M.ORAL

hello, how can I fix the problem caused by the scissors in the attached project. How can I see which element of the scissors caused the error?

Re: scissors problem Hello; After the analysis is completed, select the perspective screen - right button - analysis model view - steel design - all deficiencies. Then, when you select the element you want, the tab showing the analysis and design details will open. From this detail tab, you can determine the reason for the inadequacy and which truss element is insufficient. In your model, sub-title slenderness and lack of strength are seen. The problem of slenderness; You can fix it by using the stability beam along the structure in the middle section of the sub-header. For the strength problem, try to model the truss sections to form a square or increase the cross section. Good work.

Re: truss problem Thank you for your answer. When I remove the columns in the middle point, the truss error disappears. What is the reason for this. Isn't the column an auxiliary element there?

Re: Scissors problem Hello; You can connect your middle columns to the truss with a combination such as a wind union, or you can define the necessary freedoms from the freedoms section to the truss end. It acts as a support in its current state, but if the truss has some offset from the nodal point, it has an effect to create a moment, which is undesirable in the truss. Make sure that the nodal points of the elements you enter with cross, purlin, beam or column on the truss coincide with the truss nodal point and arrange the element freedoms so that they cannot transmit moment. Otherwise there will be additional effects on the scissors. Good work.

Re: Scissors problem Hello, take it easy. Could there be a problem with the scissor connections in my attached project, I couldn't save the middle 3 scissors no matter what I did. Is there something I overlooked??

Re: Scissors problem Hello; 1- First of all, the stability beams are connected to the lower head of one truss and the upper head of the other, if you want to do it this way, you need to create symmetry at the same point, that is, there should be an X diagonal image. Another cross coming out of the upper head of the truss connected to the sub-header must be connected to the lower head of the other truss. After doing this with a single cross, divide one of them with the divide command and connect the crosses together with the cross joint. 2- According to EU 3, the sections are divided into their classes and change to the equation. The wall thickness of the sections you use in the truss is very thin, anyway, this wall thickness is also reduced by a cross as per the regulation, you need to increase the wall thickness so that the sections can pass from class 3 to class 2 or 1 and get more favorable design results.

Re: Scissors problem Thank you. I have one more question. If I want to make trusses instead of the stability braces that I have connected, how should I define them and do you think it would be a more correct solution?

Re: Scissors problem Hello; Your clearance between two trusses is only 3.5 m, so I don't think it would be very economical to make the stability element as truss, but you can design both models and compare them over quantity. If you are going to pass with scissors, you need to remove the flaps from the additional features tab of the menus of the short scissors so that you can connect the scissors to the main scissors from the lower and upper headings. After you have done this, you can connect the lower and upper heads of the short scissors to the main scissor heads with the cross-end joint.

Re: Scissors problem Hello; You did it somehow, but since these two trusses do not come into contact with each other, they do not benefit each other in terms of design, so you still need to increase the cross section to provide the proportions, and you need to enter stability beams or horizontal braces from other points to provide stability. We have not personally encountered such an application before, for the reasons I mentioned above, frankly, it did not seem appropriate. However, it's your choice. Your model is going through it as it is, there is nothing that can be added anyway.

Re: Scissors problem
"caglarermehan":3w0igfsu" said:
Thank you. I did as you said but it gives geometry error in scissors. :shock:
So why is it giving geometry error? Could you look at it?

Re: Shear problem For steel, you need to check for overlap, not geometry. Conflict check is also done to ensure that a clean drawing is sent to the field before drawing. If analysis is taking place in your project, there is no big problem. However, there are situations that you should pay attention to when producing a detailed steel project. For these, there is a standard training given after purchasing the program at the link, you can find the details with the sample project entry there. ** Diagonals can't be this way, only at the most corners. Enter a horizontal diagonal across the entire opening.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
[url =https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLg7b9QE3s&t=52s&ab_channel=ideYAPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLg7b9 ... el=ideYAPI[/url]
And different from steel project repository in forum You can see sample projects.

Back