Honeycomb Beam

Honeycomb Beam - To define a honeycomb beam section, right-click on the sections section in the structure tree and click "Add New Section". -We select the section profile type hexagonal honeycomb beam from the opened window and determine the geometric properties of the section. -Click on the steel beam command and select the honeycomb beam section that we defined from the section properties. -After defining the columns and honeycomb beam and determining the loads, we analyze. - In the menu, we come to the "Steel Design" tab and click on the "Honeycomb beam" button. -The design ratios and details of the honeycomb beam can be seen in the opened window. Bending control, shear control in the net area, shear control in the gross area, horizontal shear control, web post buckling control and Vierendeel control and their ratios can be seen in this window. The program makes the honeycomb beam design with these controls. -To get a drawing after analysis and design, we go to the 'drawing' tab from the menu and click the 'steel drawings' button. We select the drawing we want to import from the window that opens.

"Ismail Hakki Besler":1awb5piz" said:
The design of honeycomb beams will be available with ideCAD Steel Version 8.029.
I'm a user of version 8.029. I would appreciate if you could let me know.

"saridurmus":146cfw8n" said:
now you can use castel beams. To do this, just come to the beams and select beams with honeycomb. When I work on a material when I make a combination, the drawing does not appear. It appears when zooming or shooting, but disappears when I leave it. I am working completely blindly. I wonder if there is a lack of adjustment. Thank you for your attention and answers. Ergin COŞKUN ELTEKNİK POWER BURSA

You must enter the characteristics of the wvwt honeycombs, such as how many full parts from the beginning and how many parts from the end. There is something in your settings. or your video card needs to be updated, nothing can be said without looking at the project.

Thank you sir, saridurmus. I just asked out of curiosity about usage. I don't have a honeycomb project at the moment. But it's a beam I use often. I wanted to be informed. It is necessary to use it while you can.

Hello, take it easy, I'm having trouble with deflection control. Could I have made a mistake in the joints or elsewhere??

Hello there; 1- Select all beams for deflection, enter their properties, and use the according moment diagram option as the deflection calculation method. 2- Your diagonals coincide with the honeycomb gap. Select all crosses, enter their properties and arrange their positions backwards. 3- The butt plate beam joint reinforcements coincide with the honeycomb gaps, adjust the geometry of the stiffener. 4- There are also inadequacies in the vierendeel control of your honeycomb beams, to solve this problem, you should use a solid body up to the point where the moment diagram changes sign, or you can increase the section so that it would be a more appropriate solution to increase the IPE 240 section according to the span you passed. Some of the adjustments mentioned above have been made in your model, please check. Decide to fill the cross section plus or honeycomb and complete your project. Good work.

Back