about combinations

kobisan

I want to design without using earthquake combinations in the program for my non-structural designs such as totems and stops. I just want to use wind effects as horizontal load.

yes, I found it by trying, but it gives an error in the system and while solving it at the same time, it does not do the analysis, when I enter the pier and enter after analysis, I throw 4 columns and crosses to try, the room gives an error when I make a 4-legged design

Open a new project. Enter the pier first. Then create the totem without analyzing it. Then analyze. The design results of the elements appear on the perspective screen. However, regardless of the structure other than the scaffolding, the program definitely calculates the earthquake load. You cannot disable seismic combinations. However, you can try to make the earthquake forces very small. In this, if you select the earthquake level DD-4 in the Analysis settings wizard and select the ground ZA, you can get very small values. Good work.

take it easy, I have one more question. I cannot provide the cutting capacity in the columns without enlarging the cross section. I don't want to go by heart either. Can you recommend a book that explains these topics better and more simply?

Take it easy, I have one more question. Is it in the form of the Ix =3 axis and Iy =2 axis when the attent moments are given, or is it as entered according to the global axis set in the project. Because the yy axis is given as the strong axis in the tables, but the ix axis looks stronger in the detail part, I am very confused. I'm glad you are on this

Hello there; For the book Prof. Dr. Erdoğan Uzgider's STEEL STRUCTURES book would be appropriate. Apart from that, you can download the Steel Structures Application Guide free of charge from the website of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization. Examples and solutions are available. It corresponds to the Iy=3 axis and the Iz=2 axis in the program. You can select a section you use from the sections section of the building tree in the project, and then check it from the preview page in the reports. The attached image will help you understand.

If I didn't misunderstand, in the DETAIL SECTION, the moment of attalent in the Ix part corresponds to the z axis, then the 2 axis. Am I wrong, the atlantic moments are given as Ix, Iy. It is in the detail. Also, the 3 axis in the major axis is given as correct. .I accept the +x axis as the major ion in concrete and the 3 axis in steel as the major yon can you correct me if I am a wrong person.

Hello there; For steel, the major direction means the direction with high inertia values. Its 3 sides are the major direction and 2 sides are the minor aspects. Do not think together with reinforced concrete, it will be confusing.

HELLO THERE; I HAVE A QUESTION I HAVE MADE A SELECTION IN THE PROJECT I SENT BELOW, WHILE DETERMINING THE CROSS-ROAD CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO ARTICLE (9.2.8) OF THE MANAGEMENT. SECTIM. IS IT REQUIRED TO SELECT ALL FRAMES AND SCISSORS WHEN THIS SELECTION IS MADE? I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU CAN CHECK IF THE WAY I MADE IS CORRECT AND GIVE THE INFORMATION.

Hello there; It would be better for you to choose all of them. The case of not choosing the inner axes can be chosen according to the assumption that the inner zone works against vertical effects and the outer zone works against earthquakes, mostly in multi-storey buildings with a large number of gaps. This is not a general truth. It depends on the carrier systems and your structure, it should be interpreted as an engineer. Good work.

Back