Equivalent earthquake forces

mustafa.4354

Does idecad distribute the equivalent earthquake forces in the basement floors in the form of an inverted triangle in the A1 and B2 irregularity calculations in statics? TBDY-2018 4.7.5 Figure 4.2 (c) shows that each floor will have equivalent earthquake forces proportional to its own mass. I would appreciate it if you correct me if I misunderstood. Also, I would appreciate if you explain the logic of how idecad does the irregularity calculations when we do two-load analysis in basements.

Hello there; The Equivalent Earthquake Load Method used in the calculation of A1 and B2 irregularities is found according to TBDY 4.7.1, 4.7.2. In this method, the equivalent earthquake load acting on the floors is distributed in proportion to the product of the floor's mass and height. This is also shown in TBDY Equation 4.23. I tried to show the equivalent earthquake load steps specified in TBDY in the picture below. By using these steps, equivalent earthquake load calculation is made in the calculation of A1 and B' irregularities. You can also find detailed information by examining the relevant headings and subheadings of the ideCAD Knowledge Base.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
Best regards

Back